Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been able to get an insurance quote for the Saturn Sky Redline? If so can you give an idea of the difference between the Reg Sky and the redline percentage wise?

I called AAA and they could not give me any info.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
richmcc said:
Has anybody been able to get an insurance quote for the Saturn Sky Redline? If so can you give an idea of the difference between the Reg Sky and the redline percentage wise?

I called AAA and they could not give me any info.
Not too surprising as it's so early,
but you could see if they have anything on the Solstice GXP.
That's pretty recent as well though, but should be comparable.

·
Registered
337 Posts
cerberus said:
Not too surprising as it's so early,
but you could see if they have anything on the Solstice GXP.
That's pretty recent as well though, but should be comparable.

Solstice is costing $828 for the year....Solstice GXP should be close to the $900 range.

Can't see it being more than that...the price difference is only 3 grand.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes, but Horsepower is 50% higher. I'm certain that will be of interest to insurance companies.

I don't expect the Redline to be much much more than a standard Sky, to begin with. Maybe 15-20% more. The real question is, will the car remain that low or will theft/accident history push the cost to insure up? Nobody knows yet. We'll have to wait and see. Initially, the insurance cost should not be too much more than the base car.

Just because the car has 260HP does not mean it will be expensive to insure. When I was looking into them, I found that insurance for a 400HP GTO was only $100 more than I am paying on my Silverado.

It all comes down to theft and accident rates.

·
Registered
432 Posts
since the sky was just released earlier this year and the redline not until (hopefully) later this year, you can bet that your rates are going to change a bit over the next year or two while the companies figure out accident ratios etc... for the time being, get yourself a quote with a regular sky and add about 15-20%. that would be a safe guess for now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ooo boyyy haha. arent yous lucky...
me being only 20..
i am about to get raped on the insurance aspect..
but oo well.. hopefully when sept 14th comes around.. and im 21.. the insurance. will put me at a better rate..

but yeahh.. thats going to be my bday present to myself.. yayyy
im officially on the list.. for my area..
and he told me.. its expected. by august..
sooo just about perfect timing..
no complaints for me

·
Registered
820 Posts
These type of questions come up alot on this forum. Insurance will be VERY different from one person to the next depending on the state you are in and the company you go with. The only way you can get an accurate comparison is if you name the state you are in an the company you are with. Then those in the same state san see what different companies are charging in the same areas. Otherwise your comparing apples and oranges from state to state.

·
Registered
7 Posts
true true.. however one thing is for sure..
is that it will not be cheap. for me.
believe me i know
and i am located in california.. so that doesnt help too much
just moved out here.. from lil old rhode island..
yayy.. moving on up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts