Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the current Sky getting anywhere from $2k - $5k over sticker at some dealers the fall release of the Redline is more likely to follow suit. With an estimated price being $27k - $29K MSRP for the upcoming Redline, dealers might be demanding a very high premium for this very special edition. Some rumors in the dealer ranks are first deliveried Redline Sky cars will not be sold for less than $35k! The Solstice GXP will be the same and have less trouble with dealers marking them up as such.

So, if you are holding out for a Redline this fall, be prepared to paid a hefty premium at your friendly Saturn dealership. Else you may have to wait until summer 2007 for one at MSRP.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I have been waiting for a sky since august of '05. I then gave up my first in line postion for this redline. If they think I would have been angry about purchasing a sky at anything over MSRP, try waiting another year, buddying-up with everyone at the Saturn dealership, building a trust, getting excited about a product this long and then dropping something like that on me. That's something you hear about when you sit down for dinner and while watching the evening news you hear: Today a disgruntled customer stormed into the XXXXX Saturn dealership and unloaded, what appear to have been, several shotgun rounds into the stomach of his saleperson. Apparently the saleperson led the customer to believe that after a year of waiting that he would receive a vehicle for a good price. After said time had expired, the salesperson then decided to take advantage of the customer's attachment to the vehicle and charge an outrageous sum. Apparently the customer took this "overage" out of the salesman's dry cleaning. :mad:

Try Me.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are dealerships holding true to the Saturn, "No haggle" policy. If you are on a Redline list somewhere, you really need to get something in writing that you are going to be charged MSRP; without it you could be paying a lot more.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
No probs. Charge me more than they are entitled to, and I walk.

I think this outdated dealership network even pre-dates GM's outdated retirement/health care system.

These dealerships that are trying to do this are really just going to distroy Saturn's reputation. One of the "no haggle" pricing policy benefits was to make people comfortable with the vehicle purchasing process.

One of the ways they (the customer) is made to feel comfortable is they know (it is implied by the no haggle policy) that XX in CA and YYY in NJ get the same "no haggle" price. But hell, if ya gotta shop around, other than relying on the Styling, what does "no haggle" matter if you are not getting a fair price, or in the back of your mind, you think that another Saturn dealership a mere 90 miles away may be charging MSRP - it's worth driving that 90 miles to save $4000.

Load gun, point at foot, pull trigger. :nonod:

Saturn is really in danger of getting a black eye with this stuff.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
KappaMan said:
No probs. Charge me more than they are entitled to, and I walk.

I think this outdated dealership network even pre-dates GM's outdated retirement/health care system.

These dealerships that are trying to do this are really just going to distroy Saturn's reputation. One of the "no haggle" pricing policy benefits was to make people comfortable with the vehicle purchasing process.

One of the ways they (the customer) is made to feel comfortable is they know (it is implied by the no haggle policy) that XX in CA and YYY in NJ get the same "no haggle" price. But hell, if ya gotta shop around, other than relying on the Styling, what does "no haggle" matter if you are not getting a fair price, or in the back of your mind, you think that another Saturn dealership a mere 90 miles away may be charging MSRP - it's worth driving that 90 miles to save $4000.

Load gun, point at foot, pull trigger. :nonod:

Saturn is really in danger of getting a black eye with this stuff.
:agree: :rant:

·
Registered
21 Posts
:eek:

GM would never that happen - they want this car on the road for everyone to see, which will help build demand... is there anyone on here that would even consider paying that much to just be first in line?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't believe those of us here on the board are not going to be sucked into paying over MSRP for the Redline. Not say dealers won't be able to get the premium markup with other impulse buyers though. Large convertible markets like Southern Florida and California can get away with these increases though. Some people just have more money than sense...

·
Registered
136 Posts
delnari, I'm sorta curious what you're basing your opinion on that the SRL's will basically be guaranteed to be having a massive markup. The MAJORITY of the dealerships out there are NOT doing markups, and the ones that ARE are doing markups to the ones they ordered. So essentially if you order your OWN RL, personalized to YOUR preferences, the odds of you having a markup are slim, at least if the trend continues from the Sky.

Keep in mind when it comes to markup, they dont' NEED to markup for the most part simply because all the options the average person is getting anyways. Such as the 'premium trim', i was thinking about it, I have not seen a single sky yet that doesn't have that, everyon'es making a bit of profit on that. Same thing for the people ordering with a CAI, or the upgraded audio, etc.
Base Sky's don't seem to exist, and don' seem to be ordered, that's my basis of why I think they won 'need to do much markup. The problem with the solstice, is I believe there are many cheap solstice's running around, and they didn't have 'the saturn philosophy. If GM let's saturn dealerships markup willy nilly, they WILL lose potential buyers for ALL their other cars. That's the only reason saturn is staying in business, people LIKE not havin to do any negotiating for the car!

·
Registered
162 Posts
How many Red Lines are going to be produced a year? Does any one know?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, new here but I've been reading these forums for quite a bit. Just got back from saturn and I'm #2 here in vegas. When I asked the guy they told me straightforward that they're chargeing $1000 over msrp. There's only 2 dealerships in my area and both are owned by the same person. Guys think that's decent or? lol.

·
Registered
276 Posts
It's decent in that they are marking up the price by a grand and not trying to disguise the markup by making wax, fabric protector etc MANDATORY and charging a like amount for them as are most dealers.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have no doubt that anyone can order a Redline Sky or Pontiac GXP next year and pay only MSRP.

The first assembly runs in 2006 will be very limited and due to supply the markups will exist in 2006 for these 2007models. Think about how hot the Sky is right now then add the fact the highest GM output 4 cylinder engine is going into this little beauty come fall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts