Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Arkansas for my Great Aunt's funeral. so I hadn't been watching site.
I called my dealer as soon as I got back after 10 straight hours in my SKY.
It was great I only saw one Sky and that was in Illinois on the way back.

I talked to my GM and told him about SKYSpys post that Bluestone is now on the workbench.

My pre0rder was in on 5-23. If he can change the color now to Bluestone.

He told me I don't think you can he said that the owner of the DealerGroup told him he got it in on Monday that he handled it personally.

I said got what in?

He said he talked to with Saturn Corporate on Monday and my order was now in.

I said impossible he told me to call the owner tommorow to verify but I'm positive he said it was done on Monday.

Before anyone jumps I am calling my guy tommorow morning first thing to get direct from the horses mouth.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sounds good! When do you think you'll get it?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll wait till I talk to owner tommorow

I don't believe it but I will know tommorow, and I will post info. But if he verify's I know what date I would say.

Saturn Corp and General Motors is involved( That SkyBaby and Myself started) with Downers Grove Sky Party Show on July 15th.

GM is sending two Sky Demos, promotional trailer and more.
They asked what they could do to make the Show better I suggested that Kodak moment for the Show delivering the First Redline in the Country for delivery to the Show, and jokingly said hey that would be me!!!!

That would be the date I would pick July 15th but I am realistic and will wait for tommorow.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, Scott...but if they (Downers Grove) deliver your RL before they deliver my regular Sky (which I'm STILL waiting for, BTW), I would be just a tad bit :mad:

:D

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
No RedLine SKYs been built in regular Production until the last week of August for late Sept delivery. :nono:

I would bring a 10lbs bag of salt the next time I speak with them!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks SkySpy

You should no Im not to gullible especially of things about the Sky. i will talk to owner tommorow find out scoop. But also my Sky no271 was built when they said none were built, used for inspection for certification.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Ernest said:
Look at the VIN the last 3 might read 5EX!
LOL -- Talk about a double take...

The first time I read this I thought you wrote that the VIN might read SEX!!!

That's one hot car!!!

:D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
To tell you the truth, that's what I thought when I fist read the VIN:lol:
No doubt there are a few already built, I have seen one, but it is my understanding that with a EX VIN it cannot be registered or liccensed. There could be some low vinned R/L's available, those that are being used already by top brass, execs, etc, that can be had by some lucky ones. The main run of them will be end of August. I can wait however long it takes to to do the Priority 1 builds, but then I am fortunate to have Serenity to satisfy my SKY needs. I wish it were sooner for all those waiting, but my experience is gained from the time spent waiting for Serenity. It is tough, but totally worth it, especially when you turn the key and drive away for the first time.:thumbs: I am still availabkle to help you thru those anxious times ahead:cheers:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It Is Offical!!!!!!

I went and talked to owner and he confirmed and printed out a order detail,plus at my request a event history.

On Order detail it says 2000 accepted by GM

The order history went as follows

3000 Accepted by production control 06-08-06

He told me I should have the one of the first 10 built in the country.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
That is totally AWESOME SCOTT...... i am happy for ya....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats scott. I wonder what this means for me considering I'm number 2 on there list right behind you. I will have 2 call and find out what my status is. Hopefully they were just selected to be one of the first dealers to deliver redlines and I won't be far behind you. Carrie kept telling me she expected our cars in august and I kept thinking yea right. Maybe at least ull get yours and ill be a little behind you. Me guesstamate has been oct 16th since I ordered maybe now ill move it to late sept well see. James

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
I went and talked to owner and he confirmed and printed out a order detail,plus at my request a event history.

On Order detail it says 2000 accepted by GM

The order history went as follows

3000 Accepted by production control 06-08-06

He told me I should have the one of the first 10 built in the country.

Eye on Sky here is what I think happened. It happened to us with our Solstice.

I'll tell you what I think could of happened the more I thought about it and saw the dates you posted. This happened to us with our Solstice .They needed some orders for extra car's for testing so they pulled regular orders and made the car's. My dealer and pontiac actually gave me a vin number only to find out later they reentered my order because the one that was made which we thought was for me was made with my order and specks but it was for testing. Then they reissued me a new order number and I started again. ( But went thru the codes fast the 2nd time) There is no way a Red Line was accepted into production on June 6th . I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling this is what happend with your Red Line. Any early Solstice forum members can vouch that they did this.

There is no way your car could of went to code 3000 on June 6th. Now if you said June 28, I would say there was a chance.

O.K. Go ahead some of you and start flamming, because something was said that you didn't want to hear

I hope I'm wrong for your sake Eye on Sky.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts