Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from checking out the new Aura. Let me tell you, it's everything Ernest said it was. The car is absolutely fantastic. The real news is that my RedLine is in transit, they thought it was going to arrive yesterday. My GM said they ended up putting two more cars on the delivery truck, so that was indeed the case, we were waiting for a full delivery.
Monday really sounds like a possibility now, I'll be sure to keep yas updated. I'm gonna head down to the plant to see if i can spot my car sitting on the delivery truck.:thumbs:

If it does come monday, this will be the first RL delivery that we know about.

·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ernest said:
I told you you would be, dare I say Congrats again? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!:willy: :willy: :thumbs: :thumbs: Distance is on thing I can't overcome, the powrs that be can't overcome that.:D
I really can't wait. Monday is gonna be sunny and 88, perfect weather. Those auras sure are sharp bud. You got yerself one great car there. If i wasn't getting the sky i'd seriously consider it. No need for congrats man, not until pics are posted :lol: Hopefully we'll get our cars at just about the same time, since they pretty much grew up in the same litter. Our cars have followed almost identical paths, it's only right for them to end thier journey that way.:thumbs:

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Congrats!!!!Congrats!!!:cheers: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Awesome:thumbs: Pitcom!!!:willy:

Wow I can't for for Monday too!!!:willy: Make sure you take some Pics!!!:thumbs:

Celebrate this weekend!!!:cheers: Let us know if you spot your car on the truck!!:D

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Pitcom said:
Just got back from checking out the new Aura. Let me tell you, it's everything Ernest said it was. The car is absolutely fantastic. The real news is that my RedLine is in transit, they thought it was going to arrive yesterday. My GM said they ended up putting two more cars on the delivery truck, so that was indeed the case, we were waiting for a full delivery.
Monday really sounds like a possibility now, I'll be sure to keep yas updated. I'm gonna head down to the plant to see if i can spot my car sitting on the delivery truck.:thumbs:

If it does come monday, this will be the first RL delivery that we know about.
Congrats !!! let us know and bring your camera down tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Pitcom said:
I really can't wait. Monday is gonna be sunny and 88, perfect weather. Those auras sure are sharp bud. You got yerself one great car there. If i wasn't getting the sky i'd seriously consider it. No need for congrats man, not until pics are posted :lol: Hopefully we'll get our cars at just about the same time, since they pretty much grew up in the same litter. Our cars have followed almost identical paths, it's only right for them to end thier journey that way.:thumbs:
Hey Pitcom... CONGRATZ!!!!!!!!!

You HAVE to take many high resolution pics...

You ordered the same thing I did sans the XM Radio and the Manual Tranny!!!

You MUST take MANY pictures... :cheers: You will be my hero until I get mine!!! :thumbs:

Thanks in advance!!! :cheers: :thumbs: :cheers:

Regards,

:eek: BA :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Yo Pitcom!

Gimme a call when ya get it and I'll take lots'o pics of ya in it - and even video's for people to see and hear it!

Congrats!!!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Many detailed pics are a must. I'd love to see some shots of the intercooler and location, engine, turbo and pretty much everything else that you can't truely see in the few general pics floating around. :thumbs:
Mine is still approximately 4 months away.:confused:

·
Registered
131 Posts
That is too cool.....Let's see those pictures....I know it will be Monday.:thumbs:

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's Monday

Yep! it's Monday and we all can't wait to hear how she performs:willy:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Pitcom let Us know if it is comes in today. I will bring my camera to the dealership and get shots of you taking delivery. I am gone the rest of the week though, so I hope it comes today.
Blue

·
Registered
166 Posts
He said in another thread it's sitting 7 minutes from his house in the storage yard. Tuesday at the earliest for delivery, most likely Saturday.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
1) Unbeleivable news!!
2) Didnt you just order in June?
3) I am a complete IDIOT!!!

Why I am an Idiot... When Pitcom ordered his Redline, I private messaged him asking where his dealer was as I could see I was not too far from him. I visited the dealer, didnt like the 4,000 mark-up on base car in lot, and that they wanted 2,000 deposit to order a Redline... so I preceded to trash the dealer on this board after walking out.

Two months later he is getting one of the first Redlines, and I am about a year away.

ugh... sometimes I think I am too smart.

·
Registered
295 Posts
too funny..sounds like my luck

·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ahnuld said:
1) Unbeleivable news!!
2) Didnt you just order in June?
3) I am a complete IDIOT!!!

Why I am an Idiot... When Pitcom ordered his Redline, I private messaged him asking where his dealer was as I could see I was not too far from him. I visited the dealer, didnt like the 4,000 mark-up on base car in lot, and that they wanted 2,000 deposit to order a Redline... so I preceded to trash the dealer on this board after walking out.

Two months later he is getting one of the first Redlines, and I am about a year away.

ugh... sometimes I think I am too smart.
The 4k markup was for foose spank 5 rims and new tires. It looks sharp, and the car sold. They spent alot on the new rims and tires. They often dress up thier cars in the showroom and they had a dressed up vue in there as well.
My dealer has had a couple red line orders picked up Ahnuld, and one that got pushed back to 2030 due to manual constraints. :banghead: The worst thing is that its 20 minutes from the distribution center and its getting on 9 days without a delivery.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Pitcom said:
The 4k markup was for foose spank 5 rims and new tires. It looks sharp, and the car sold. They spent alot on the new rims and tires. They often dress up thier cars in the showroom and they had a dressed up vue in there as well.
My dealer has had a couple red line orders picked up Ahnuld, and one that got pushed back to 2030 due to manual constraints. :banghead: The worst thing is that its 20 minutes from the distribution center and its getting on 9 days without a delivery.
Be patient, at least it doesn't have to ship half way across the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine hasn't even left the plant:banghead: :lol:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Gee he got word it was in transit on the 19th and today is the 23rd!

Do you know how far we could bike, drive a car ...heck even walk in five days? Coffee must be free enroute! :banghead:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Gee he got word it was in transit on the 19th and today is the 23rd!

Do you know how far we could bike, drive a car ...heck even walk in five days? Coffee must be free enroute! :banghead:
No, I think he said it was suppose to ship there is a big difference. Your car can be in the Trucking company's inventory and still put on hold . In case any one is interested. One Solstice was more then half way to it's destination on a train and they sent it back to the plant. ( Well thats what one person said )

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
OMG!!
I just got a call from our salesman...we too are In Transit...he said on a truck...not a train..?..along with another base Sky that was ordered....he said the truck was quicker...humm?...oh well....its getting down to the wire now:thumbs: He didn't have an event code for me but did me our vin#...perhaps someone can pretty please tell me what to look for in the vin to tell when it was built and what number..ect..
:D :willy: :willy: This is just tooo exciting!!:willy: :willy: :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts