Saturn Sky Forum banner

Redline options (received a new 2007 Sky brochure today)

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Ernest 
#1 ·
My dealer called - they just received new 2007 Sky brochures at their location and I have been going through it every 10 minutes tonight (could be old news to some of you but not here in Wisconsin). They are 12 pages with 2 full page fold outs and include Redline specific details showing the "bluestone" from the NY and DT Auto Shows.

One item of interesting note I found - the Redline section states in one location that the special embroidered seats are on the "available leather seat inserts" option and that the leather inserts are also optional (at the end).

Am I to understand that leather is not standard on the Redline? I'm actually partial to cloth myself for personal reasons, but based on the first mention, why should I be limited to the standard black cloth seats without the Redline embroidery?

Also - any word on an upgraded standard stereo package (i.e. single disc Monsoon)?

Thanks all,
Rob

#2 ·
Might you have a scanner for the confirmed Blue Stone? I know that it was the ones from the autoshow but a lot of people commented as there being flash/color distortion issues and I would be curious as to what made a final printing of a promotional item from Saturn. Thanks!

#3 ·
Roadie Rob said:
My dealer called - they just received new 2007 Sky brochures at their location and I have been going through it every 10 minutes tonight (could be old news to some of you but not here in Wisconsin). They are 12 pages with 2 full page fold outs and include Redline specific details showing the "bluestone" from the NY and DT Auto Shows.

One item of interesting note I found - the Redline section states in one location that the special embroidered seats are on the "available leather seat inserts" option and that the leather inserts are also optional (at the end).

Am I to understand that leather is not standard on the Redline? I'm actually partial to cloth myself for personal reasons, but based on the first mention, why should I be limited to the standard black cloth seats without the Redline embroidery?

Also - any word on an upgraded standard stereo package (i.e. single disc Monsoon)?

Thanks all,
Rob
On the Redline Leather is standard, you have to request cloth.

#4 ·
Inserts

Roadie Rob said:

Thanks all,
Rob
I believe that is referring to cases where you have the Tan or Red accent leather.

#6 ·
Hey Fred - this is the exact brochure that they claimed to have just received on Thursday.

I appreciate the repsonses re: the leather, but check out the link from Fred on page 2 of the link, 3rd line down, 4th picture from the left.

I attached a pic of the section I am referring to and highlighted the referred areas. I hate to say it, but it really sounds like Saturn is going to be asking another $750-$1,000 for the leather on the Redlines. Why else would they print the leather steering wheel, etc.... and not mention the seating like the base Sky option does?

-Rob

Attachments

#7 ·
Roadie Rob said:
Hey Fred - this is the exact brochure that they claimed to have just received on Thursday.

I appreciate the repsonses re: the leather, but check out the link from Fred on page 2 of the link, 3rd line down, 4th picture from the left.

I attached a pic of the section I am referring to and highlighted the referred areas. I hate to say it, but it really sounds like Saturn is going to be asking another $750-$1,000 for the leather on the Redlines. Why else would they print the leather steering wheel, etc.... and not mention the seating like the base Sky option does?

-Rob
When I placed my order for the Redline my GM told me that the leather is standard and that you have to request cloth, though that does not jive with the Brochure

#8 ·
richmcc said:
When I placed my order for the Redline my GM told me that the leather is standard and that you have to request cloth, though that does not jive with the Brochure
I need to learn to check first, then type. The online Order Guide lists Leather Seat Inserts as Additional.

#9 ·
check a different page....

The first image was the back section with the various options / upgrades. "Available" is what is driving my questioning.

Going back into the new booklet, check out this page on the RL. I don't want to be skeptical, but this language makes it seem even more likely that leather will not be a standard feature.

Attachments

#10 ·
I agree...

Everything I have read on the redline says leather is a n option as well. I was wondering though, if the leather stearing wheel is standard and the seats an option, what about the door inserts? Are the door inserts also an option? I don' mind the seats (I hate the embroidery) but would hate to have the plastic door inserts.....:confused:

#12 ·
Roadie Rob said:
The first image was the back section with the various options / upgrades. "Available" is what is driving my questioning.

Going back into the new booklet, check out this page on the RL. I don't want to be skeptical, but this language makes it seem even more likely that leather will not be a standard feature.
In 2007 Online Order / Reference Guide, it looks like the leather inserts are optional, however the rest of the Premium Trim Package looks to be :willy: standard on the Redline.
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/vehiclesel.jsp?year=2007&regionID=1&divisionID=10

#13 ·
floridasky said:
In 2007 Online Order / Reference Guide, it looks like the leather inserts are optional, however the rest of the Premium Trim Package looks to be :willy: standard on the Redline.
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/vehiclesel.jsp?year=2007&regionID=1&divisionID=10
Same in the german specs for the Opel GT:

Base price is for manual trans, cloth seats, leather steering wheel and standard radio. Leather seats and radio upgrade 6 CD are listed as options like I posted some weeks ago:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=58149&postcount=11

#14 ·
:cheers:
floridasky said:
Correct on the standard items on the Redline:thumbs:
If you look at the on-line ordering guide there is No RPO Code for just the leather seats. They are part of the trim package on the regular Sky (Note A1) and appear to be a no cost option on the Redline. With the Redline you can only get cloth in black (Code 19B) and black, red or tan inleather (codes 192, 025,or 312 respectively) .
Copied out of the order guide
Seat trim, leather seat inserts
1 - Included and only available with (PCH) Premium Trim Package. Requires (025) Red, (192) Black or (312) Tan interior trim color.
2 - Requires (025) Red, (192) Black or (312) Tan interior trim color.
This is the way I read it:thumbs:

#15 ·
Leather trim is optional in SRL but the other "Premium Trim" features are standard on SRL. (chrome sill plates, steering wheel audio controls)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.