Saturn Sky Forum banner

Redline order accepted

5K views 44 replies 15 participants last post by  Eye on Sky 
#1 ·
I just got off the phone with my Saturn G.M. . He was putting in my order and it would not accept Bluestone as color. So he wanted to know if I wanted to wait or change the color. I changed to Red with Red and Black top.
He called me back and said it would not accept red with red, I could go tan interior but would have to have tan top. I told him to go black interior black top. This time he told me to hang on he went through the process saying they accepted each item on order. He gave me order code KDXZIV and said in two weeks he should have a build number. He then told me the screen prompted him to call his Saturn Rep to expedite order. So i'm on my way. Soon it will join number 271 Blue - black-black loaded in my garage.

#2 ·
Got my build code too!

Thanks for your post. After I read your post, I decided to call my dealership and see if I could place mine too.
It took a bit, but he placed my prelim order in the system with the options I wanted (switched from Bluestone to Midnight Blue) and at the end gave me my build code. He even offered to mail the print-out to me with the details. I also confirmed that I had a priority code of 1.
It's service like this that makes me feel even better about deciding to buy from Saturn rather than Pontiac (which was sort of my first choice given that my other fun car is an all-original '78 Special Edition Trans Am w/20,000 miles). So we're making progress!

#3 ·
I just got off the phone with my dealership and they were not willing to see if the order could be put into the system. They said that if a dealership put in the order, then it lost those allocations because the RL option is currently unavailable.

#5 ·
Allocation for Sky and Rl

If they lose allocation for Sky by ordering Redline how come Saturn G.M. Jill L. stated that the base sky is sold out for 2006, but Redline orders are still available. If the Base Sky is sold out wouldn't logic dictate that the dealers allocations for Base Skys are already accounted for? So when they take a order for a Redline that would be based on separate allocation, if the G.M. of Saturn corp. can be trusted to tell the truth that all Base Sky's are sold out for 2006. So the dealers allocation for base Sky's are accounted for any order for Redline would have no effect on base Sky allocation. Just my opinion

#6 ·
Eye on Sky,

I don't disagree with you. In fact, I don't really like the SM or my saleswoman, thus, am a bit suspicious of them. The GM I trust, but had the day off. I feel the SM was saying that to get me off the phone, but he was willing to discuss and give me the "details" he has. How reliable are his "details"? Only time will tell.

#7 ·
RedLineSky said:
Thanks for your post. After I read your post, I decided to call my dealership and see if I could place mine too.
It took a bit, but he placed my prelim order in the system with the options I wanted (switched from Bluestone to Midnight Blue) and at the end gave me my build code. He even offered to mail the print-out to me with the details. I also confirmed that I had a priority code of 1.
It's service like this that makes me feel even better about deciding to buy from Saturn rather than Pontiac (which was sort of my first choice given that my other fun car is an all-original '78 Special Edition Trans Am w/20,000 miles). So we're making progress!
I spoke with my sales guy and he was absolutly zero help (nice guy but not very knowledgable) so I asked for the GM. Of course the GM was off yesterday so I had to email him. Zero response yet........ So far I have NOT experiences the people first Saturn promise to say the least......I currently have my order with Saturn in Little Rock , Arkansas. Anybody use a good dealer in Memphis ???? I want and order confirmation number dang it!!!!!

#8 ·
etw98 said:
I just got off the phone with my dealership and they were not willing to see if the order could be put into the system. They said that if a dealership put in the order, then it lost those allocations because the RL option is currently unavailable.
SKY allocation is said to be 60% regular SKY and 40% RedLine SKY. There is NOT going to be a separate RedLine allocation is going to be done as regular SKY allocation but with a constraint on the RedLine option. For every 10 SKY ordered the dealer will be able to order as much as 4 RedLines if they want or need them; if the dealer doesn't want them or need them then no regular allocation will be lost. :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

#9 ·
So till end of model year 60-40 Redline?

Sky Spy people are already reporting vins in the 3000's. By the time the first redline is delivered we could be in the 5000's. The 10000 number has been given many times as the first year production run for Skys. At 60% to 40% as you stated would that mean that the last 4000 would all be Redlines?
Or would that mean 40% of the remaining 4000 Skys or 1600 Redlines? Also I assume they would have a different number or letter in VIN to tell it is a Redline but would the end numbers start at 001 or just continue on 6001 6002 etc.
Thanks again for all your great info

#10 ·
etw98 said:
hey, which dealer around indy did you order from? I am on the wait list in Greenwood for an RL, but they don't seem to feel the RL's can be ordered yet.
:mad:

#11 ·
Eye on Sky said:
Sky Spy people are already reporting vins in the 3000's. By the time the first redline is delivered we could be in the 5000's. The 10000 number has been given many times as the first year production run for Skys. At 60% to 40% as you stated would that mean that the last 4000 would all be Redlines?
Or would that mean 40% of the remaining 4000 Skys or 1600 Redlines? Also I assume they would have a different number or letter in VIN to tell it is a Redline but would the end numbers start at 001 or just continue on 6001 6002 etc.
I'm not sure if they mean right now till the end of this fiscal year but it may just be from the point the start taking orders, which would make sense because it would be really hard to "catch up" RedLine production to what they already have out. I would say 40% of all SKYs ordered after they start RedLine production COULD be RedLines... Remember is going to be an OPTION with CONSTRAINTS!!!

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

#12 ·
IndySkys said:
hey, which dealer around indy did you order from? I am on the wait list in Greenwood for an RL, but they don't seem to feel the RL's can be ordered yet.
:mad:

I'm supposed to be #1 on the list for RL at the Greenwood dealership. However, with the way they've rearranged the list, I'm not sure anymore. FYI: I just saw my first non-dealership Sky this morning. Cool!

#13 ·
etw98 said:
I'm supposed to be #1 on the list for RL at the Greenwood dealership. However, with the way they've rearranged the list, I'm not sure anymore. FYI: I just saw my first non-dealership Sky this morning. Cool!
Great so we are dealing with the same dealership. I am either #6 or #7 for a readline, my sales lady was not sure.............sigh. Wish they would just take the prelims and get them into a solid order...I think I would feel a bit better that progress was being made. Don't want to be sitting here this time next year still waiting for my RL. When I got on the list for the RL they had over 60 on the list for the standard SKY..........

#14 ·
etw98 said:
BTW: What did you think of the showroom SKY they have? They are putting 6K miles on it, and figure at that point they will sell it around September at full MSRP.

#15 ·
IndySkys,

We may have the same salesperson (Linda).

As for the waiting list, they originally had a separate list for RL, but did away with it. RL is now treated as an option, much like the color of the car, and not as a separate entity. Therefore, the position on the base Sky list will dictate when you receive a RL. On the RL list I was #1 at the dealership and #2 in Indy. However, on the main list, I'm #11 at the dealership and #36 in Indy. Thus, if anyone in front of me, on the main list, wants a RL, they'll get it before me. We may know more in about a month. Where are you on the main list?

How long have you been on the list? In March or April, they had a party for the people on the list. At that time there were only a handful of us.

As for the showroom model, I've seen it and driven it. After talking to Jeremy at the party, I didn't have the impression that they were planning to price gouge the dealer model. Of course they were intending to only drive it for a short time, sell it, then get another one. They probably won't do that since the Sky's so hard to come by. My gut feeling is that they won't charge MSRP for it, but knock a few thousand off.

#16 ·
Eye on Sky said:
Most likely 40% of the remaining will be Red Line. That's why I've been saying you will probably have around 3000 red Lines the first model year.

#17 ·
etw98 said:
IndySkys,

We may have the same salesperson (Linda).

As for the waiting list, they originally had a separate list for RL, but did away with it. RL is now treated as an option, much like the color of the car, and not as a separate entity. Therefore, the position on the base Sky list will dictate when you receive a RL. On the RL list I was #1 at the dealership and #2 in Indy. However, on the main list, I'm #11 at the dealership and #36 in Indy. Thus, if anyone in front of me, on the main list, wants a RL, they'll get it before me. We may know more in about a month. Where are you on the main list?

How long have you been on the list? In March or April, they had a party for the people on the list. At that time there were only a handful of us.

As for the showroom model, I've seen it and driven it. After talking to Jeremy at the party, I didn't have the impression that they were planning to price gouge the dealer model. Of course they were intending to only drive it for a short time, sell it, then get another one. They probably won't do that since the Sky's so hard to come by. My gut feeling is that they won't charge MSRP for it, but knock a few thousand off.

Nope. My sales person is Jackie. I just got on the list the first part of May after arguing with myself over getting a base SKY or redline for over a month..... I am a bit confused though, are you saying that since there were 60 folks on the list for the base SKY when I got on the list for the RL, that when they told me I would be eitehr 6th or 7th, that I am really 66th or 67th?
So are they using a dealer specific list, or is it one list for the 3 INDY stores?

My SalesPerson told me when I put my deposit in that if I wanted the showroom model that it would be MSRP, and that warranty would be 30 months instead of the standard 36 months since they were going to hold it for 6 months before selling it. As of May 15th or so, nobody had put a deposit on it yet.

#18 ·
IndySkys,

My guesstimate based upon what I was told by the SM, you would be #61 on the list (my guess is for all of Indy). Consider RL to be an option similar to an upgraded radio. The importance lies where you are on the master Indy list.

All 3 of the Indy stores are owned by the same parent company. There's 1 person ordering the Skys for all of Indy. So the important factor is not where you're on the list in Greenwood, but on the Indy-wide list. Also, the person will not place orders for any Sky that is not "guaranteed" to have all the parts available at the factory. As an example, people on the list after me have already received their Sky because I had two strikes against me - an automatic transmission and chrome wheels. (This is before I switched from the base to the RL.) Since I was told they would be placing few orders for automatic transmissions, I knew they would not place my order until fall. So switching to the RL was not going to delay the order process.

I hope the Indy stores aren't turning into a rip-off. They seemed friendly to me at the beginning, but lately the SM rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe they're catching the greedy fever.

#19 ·
etw98 said:
IndySkys,

My guesstimate based upon what I was told by the SM, you would be #61 on the list (my guess is for all of Indy). Consider RL to be an option similar to an upgraded radio. The importance lies where you are on the master Indy list.

All 3 of the Indy stores are owned by the same parent company. There's 1 person ordering the Skys for all of Indy. So the important factor is not where you're on the list in Greenwood, but on the Indy-wide list. Also, the person will not place orders for any Sky that is not "guaranteed" to have all the parts available at the factory. As an example, people on the list after me have already received their Sky because I had two strikes against me - an automatic transmission and chrome wheels. (This is before I switched from the base to the RL.) Since I was told they would be placing few orders for automatic transmissions, I knew they would not place my order until fall. So switching to the RL was not going to delay the order process.

I hope the Indy stores aren't turning into a rip-off. They seemed friendly to me at the beginning, but lately the SM rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe they're catching the greedy fever.
Well..........I got the call this afternoon that the Order was accepted into the system, got my order number, but they did not have any further details on time frame, or anything else.

#21 ·
I just called my dealership and they said that I was among the prelimenary orders for the RL. However, they had the options wrong.

#22 ·
IndySkys said:
Well..........I got the call this afternoon that the Order was accepted into the system, got my order number, but they did not have any further details on time frame, or anything else.
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! :willy: can you pretty please tell me your order number??? I am trying to convince my crazy dealer that you guys are really ordering RedLines!!!!

#24 ·
Oh I understand that they are pre-lim. but I asked the online assistant if a pre-lim order would be filled before a dealership wait list and she said "Pre-orders should be filled first, yes" I still have the dang chat window up but it wont let me copy or print it ??? anyone know how I can get it to print or copy ???

#25 ·
If you're using windows, press "Ctrl" & "Print Screen" together. Now you have a copy of the entire screen in your clipboard. Open a word processor or MS Paint and type Ctrl-V to paste the image. Have fun.

#26 ·
ETW98 & Indyskys

I was the first Sky delivered from the Indy area which means I was the one that started the list but now I'm #5 on the Redline list at Greenwood with Linda. She called today and asked for options for the pre-lim order. I have no idea when it will be in and don't really care because I'm enjoying my Chili Pepper Red Sky now. As a matter of fact I drove it to a small car show yesterday and was approached by a fellow that promised to buy it when my redline comes in-when ever. I told him I would be asking MSRP regardless of the miles and he has agreed. No money has changed hands yet but I think I can still sell it even if he backs out. I take good care of my cars and usually get top dollar when I sell them straight out.

We have purchased three Saturns from Linda and feel she is the straightest shooter in the car business.

Good luck everyone. The wait is well worth it. I waited 14 months for mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.