Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to my dealership today 7-5-6 and they STILL do not have any RL allocations!! They think by month-end they may have one, yes (1)! I gave them a deposit a few months ago and at that time there were (17) people in line (in line - means waiting for an open allocation) for the Sky. There was only (1) person in line waiting for a Redline allocation.. That makes me #2 in line waiting for the Redline allocations to open-up! If someone out there thinks thay have "ordered" a Redline then their dealer has mislead them!! They cannot order a car without an "Allocation" and as of "today" allocations are still on hold....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Leonardo said:
I spoke to my dealership today 7-5-6 and they STILL do not have any RL allocations!! They think by month-end they may have one, yes (1)! I gave them a deposit a few months ago and at that time there were (17) people in line (in line - means waiting for an open allocation) for the Sky. There was only (1) person in line waiting for a Redline allocation.. That makes me #2 in line waiting for the Redline allocations to open-up! If someone out there thinks thay have "ordered" a Redline then their dealer has mislead them!! They cannot order a car without an "Allocation" and as of "today" allocations are still on hold....
They are talking preliminary orders. But yes these can be placed without an allocation! You don't need an allocation to place an order. You just have to wait for the order to get picked up by GM after the preliminary order goes in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
preliminary orders

A preliminary order doesn't mean anything but where you are on the "Waiting List" for an open Allocation. If you are #1 or #71 the preliminary order only saves your place in line... You can increase your odds by making "preliminary orders" at multipal dealerships and see if you can get closer to the top. But the preliminary order is NOT a REAL ORDED. The dealer can give you back your deposit at any time and say "sorry I can't get an Allocation", and you have no recourse...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Leonardo said:
A preliminary order doesn't mean anything but where you are on the "Waiting List" for an open Allocation. If you are #1 or #71 the preliminary order only saves your place in line... You can increase your odds by making "preliminary orders" at multipal dealerships and see if you can get closer to the top. But the preliminary order is NOT a REAL ORDED. The dealer can give you back your deposit at any time and say "sorry I can't get an Allocation", and you have no recourse...
Yes, it does mean something. It means your order is in waiting to get picked up. It is a REAL ORDER just not picked up by GM, thats all. Your dealer places them in the priorty they want the cars to get picked up and built.

A deposit is a deposit, most dealerships will give you your deposit back on the Sky because of the demand weither it's a preliminary order or picked up order. And some dealers are saying they aren't giving back any deposits.

You should take a look at the codes, it should help you in the future.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
I have been informed that my dealer received a Red Line Allocation, and that my order was picked up and accepted into the system. I am now at 3000 for my Red Line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If there is no way to track a preliminary order then it is the same as being on a list until a real order is created. Some dealers do not create preliminary orders until they get an allocation; some enter them into their computer and wait for allocations. Either way, there isn't an order until they get allocations and at that time the dealer decides which one on the list gets built next.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Leonardo said:
If there is no way to track a preliminary order then it is the same as being on a list until a real order is created. Some dealers do not create preliminary orders until they get an allocation; some enter them into their computer and wait for allocations. Either way, there isn't an order until they get allocations and at that time the dealer decides which one on the list gets built next.

Yes, you can track a preliminary order, you get a vom print out. Before you argue you should take a look at the codes and know what your talking about.

They are a order. Same order number when it preliminary order and when it's picked up. You don't know what your talking about ! And you are correct the dealer can wait to put in the order untill an allocation if he chooses. Most don't. Because if they don't put in a prelininary order they could be pass for the first few allocations because GM doesn't think he has an order.

I'm done with this discussion with you, you don't know what your talking about.


Pontiac [and now Saturn] Event Codes

1100 preliminary order placed/accepted at dealer
1101 preliminary order added
1102 preliminary order added thru web
2000 order accepted by GM
2001 order generated to dealer
2005 order replaced with GM Prospec order
2030 order re-edited
2050 order changed
2500 order is preferenced or "picked up"
3000 order accepted by production control
3100 order available to be sequenced
3300 order scheduled for production
3400 order broadcast (internal plant order produced)
3800 vehicle produced
4000 vehicle available to ship
4104 bailment invoice
4B00 bayed (note it's a letter "B" not 8)
4106 release bailment
4150 vehicle original invoice (dealer billed)
4200 vehicle shipped
4300 intermediate delivery
4V03 EDD (estimated delivery date)
4800 rail ramp unload
5000 vehicle at dealer
6000 vehicle delivered to customer

[OLD] Official Saturn Event Codes

020 - Order Accepted
025 - Selected for Approval
026 - Sent to POMS (Product Order Management System)
030 - Received at POMS (Accepted by the Assembly Plant) This is when you will receive the TPW (Tentative Production Week)
033 - Sequenced & VIN Assigned
038 - Produced (Vehicle Built)
040 - Released to Carrier (Ready for Pick-Up by Transportation)
041 - Invoiced (Dealer receives the actual invoice for the vehicle)
042 - Shipped (On the truck on the way to the intended store)
050 - Received by Dealer
__________________
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top