Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the call yesterday and heading over to the dealer in just a few hours. Couldn't sleep a wink last night. I'm sure some of you have had similar nights.

Wow this is like Christmas in October. I honestly thought the Cubs would get to the World Series before I got my Redline.

Will have to call in for a late start at work which could turn into an emergency "vacation day." Would try to say I was taking a holiday but not sure anyone outside of the forum here would recognize it as a National Holiday: Sky Delivery Day!:D

Here's the big news I dreamed last night (I also thought it fitting to share my favorite picture of my now former SKY with everyone as I'm shure going to miss her. We had some really great memories together in four short months):

Attachments

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Congrats --- Your base was a miracle baby -- hope the RL is 10X's better!:cheers:

·
Registered
444 Posts
CONGRATS!!:cheers:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Congrats I can't wait to see the pictures:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Many Congrats!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You know what we need... PICTURES!!!

Any angle, ALL angles, High Resolution if possible...

My Redline is also a Silver Graphite.. I need them!!! :D

Regards,

BA... :jester:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also would love to see pictures to prove that Redlines actually do get delivered. Mine is [hopefully] coming shortly.

Congrats!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Congrats!!! :cheers: Can't wait to see it on Saturday in Lake Geneva!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congratulations!

My Redline shipped this past Monday, October 23rd. It looks like they are finally cranking the Redlines out. Now I wished I had save one of my floating holidays. The next call I'm waiting for is the one from the dealer saying "It's Here!". Enjoy your new ride. :cheers:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got my Redline today!

I've been reading the posts here for months and enjoyed them. I placed a deposit on a Sky Roadster back in May, and then asked them to change it to the Redline in June. At the time, I was told they were not able to place orders (no allocation). I checked in again in July and they didn't have any update. To avoid frustration, I didn't check again -- thinking that it might be delivered next spring. Much to my surprise, on Wednesday I got a call saying my Redline was on the lot waiting for me. I had never even been told my order was placed! I picked up the car today at noon -- what a beauty! She's in my garage right now (it is pouring rain here).

Not sure if being totally surprised is better than the anticipation of knowing it was in progress. BTW - I was told that I have the very first Redline in Dayton, OH. Yippee!

So -- if you're still waiting and haven't heard anything, you might also be surprised!

Black Redline
Red leather
Spoiler
6-disc Monsoon
18" chrome plated wheels

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, two Redlines, What a day!

I picked up the car today at noon -- what a beauty! She's in my garage right now (it is pouring rain here).

Not sure if being totally surprised is better than the anticipation of knowing it was in progress. BTW - I was told that I have the very first Redline in Dayton, OH. Yippee!

Black Redline
Red leather
Spoiler
6-disc Monsoon
18" chrome plated wheels
Congratulations to you Ohio Sky as well. I was surprised on my base model and this, thanks to DeLuke I was able to monitor without bugging the dealer. But this was still special.

When I walked in this morning hardly any one was around except the owner. He personally brought me into his office and drinking coffee together, negotiated my trade (very fair). During the conversation he brought up the fact that so many other customers have tested the limits with calls nearly every day demanding updates.

I grined because thanks to DeLuke, I always knew exactly where I stood - big thanks again DeLuke!

The car's ride is so much tighter and responsive. Not sure if it is the model or just having now produced thousands since my base, they've really gotten these cars into a better build routine. In a way, it's like getting a second year car in the first year.

Off work now, so the ride home is going to be the long route.

I promise pictures whenever the Sun decides to show itself. And thanks for your kind wishes. It's so much fun to share among friends.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Forum rule 38-25

This rule states that pictures will be posted in 48 hours or Fartblossom will come to your Homestead and collect said Sky for a joy ride....Skip...Polecat smells better than the dog....:) :) :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congrats...have fun...just another couple months wait for me...got allocation yesterday...:jester:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll hold you to it...

This rule states that pictures will be posted in 48 hours or Fartblossom will come to your Homestead and collect said Sky for a joy ride....Skip...Polecat smells better than the dog....:) :) :)
Skip, ole buddy, been too long since we saw each other. Just might have to hold back on pictures to get you and the dogs back up North here.

The dealer insisted I be in every picture of the car she took at the delivery...been busy photoshoping myself out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts