Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my preliminary order number form the GM Dealer world site for my Redline. The Dealer has no idea on pricing yet. Is there any official word?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Don't think so. I went by my dealership today and we chatted about the Redline. The sales manager said there hadn't been any official figures out yet, but he was guessing a range of 2500-3000 over current cost. That seems to be what I'm hearing from forums, articles, and other online resources.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
haylcron said:
Don't think so. I went by my dealership today and we chatted about the Redline. The sales manager said there hadn't been any official figures out yet, but he was guessing a range of 2500-3000 over current cost. That seems to be what I'm hearing from forums, articles, and other online resources.

My dealer said the same thing..Placed my order and got my Prelininary Number from g.m
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
My dealership is saying $3,000 over the stock price Sky.

That should put the price around $26,500

The Redline comes stock with many options...Your price will stay around $26,500-27,500...it comes with Polished rims...the chrome wheels are extra.

Standard on the REDLINE:

-Sport suspension system
-Four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock
-Limited-slip rear differential 3.73 gears
-Power window/locks/mirrors and remote keyless entry
-Leather-wrapped steering wheel with accessory controls and cruise control
-Driver information center
-18-inch polished aluminum wheels

Optional include:
-a rear deck spoiler, leather seating, sport metallic pedals, chrome wheels, enhanced audio options, including XM Satellite Radio, and OnStar.

I got this info from an older website...most of it is on key but I'm not sure about the leather premium option being extra...I would imagine the leather would come standard on the Redline but don't quote me on that!

Alohas :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
REDSKY said:
My dealership is saying $3,000 over the stock price Sky.

That should put the price around $26,500

The Redline comes stock with many options...Your price will stay around $26,500-27,500...it comes with Polished rims...the chrome wheels are extra.

Standard on the REDLINE:

-Sport suspension system
-Four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock
-Limited-slip rear differential 3.73 gears
-Power window/locks/mirrors and remote keyless entry
-Leather-wrapped steering wheel with accessory controls and cruise control
-Driver information center
-18-inch polished aluminum wheels

Optional include:
-a rear deck spoiler, leather seating, sport metallic pedals, chrome wheels, enhanced audio options, including XM Satellite Radio, and OnStar.

I got this info from an older website...most of it is on key but I'm not sure about the leather premium option being extra...I would imagine the leather would come standard on the Redline but don't quote me on that!

Alohas :cool:
I just copied a reply I made on another thread regarding Redline options. This is how I read it from the online ordering guide.:) :) :)
If you look at the on-line ordering guide there is No Free flow RPO Code for just the leather seats. They are part of the trim package on the regular Sky (Note A1) and appear to be a no cost option on the Redline. With the Redline you can only get cloth in black (Code 19B) and you can get leather in black, red or tan (codes 192, 025,or 312 respectively) . With the redline you get cloth or leather depending on the interior code you specify.

Copied out of the order guide:
Seat trim, leather seat inserts
Regular Sky - 1 - Included and only available with (PCH) Premium Trim Package. Requires (025) Red, (192) Black or (312) Tan interior trim color.
Redline - 2 - Requires (025) Red, (192) Black or (312) Tan interior trim color.

Also note the ordering guide does not specify any Free flow RPO code for the pedals. You either get them as part of the premium package on the regular sky or they are standard on the Redline.
Copied out of the guide:Pedal covers, stainless steel
1 - Included and only available with (PCH) Premium Trim Package (Roadster). A1
Redline S (standard )
Also, On-Star is standard on all Skys - You get one year free service by activating it.:cool:
:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Another standard feature on the redline is stability control from what I understand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
drbob said:
Another standard feature on the redline is stability control from what I understand.
:agree:
Correct :thumbs:
Called StabiliTrak and I dont think its even available on the regular Sky.
:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Luke Sky Watcher said:
:agree:
Correct :thumbs:
Called StabiliTrak and I dont think its even available on the regular Sky.
:cheers:
With that low power engine you don't need any stability sytem :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Opel GT

REDSKY said:
.....
Standard on the REDLINE:

-Sport suspension system
-Four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock
>>> StabiliTrak
-Limited-slip rear differential 3.73 gears
-Power window/locks/mirrors and remote keyless entry
-Leather-wrapped steering wheel with accessory controls and cruise control
-Driver information center
-18-inch polished aluminum wheels

Optional include:
-a rear deck spoiler, leather seating, sport metallic pedals, chrome wheels, enhanced audio options, including XM Satellite Radio, (and OnStar. )
.....
Alohas :cool:
Hey REDSKY,

same in Germany for the Opel GT besides of OnStar because we havn't in Germany.
Price for the base GT in Germany 29,900 € incl. 16% tax (V.A.T.).
:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
REDSKY said:
My dealership is saying $3,000 over the stock price Sky.
Standard on the REDLINE:

-Sport suspension system
-Four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock
-Limited-slip rear differential 3.73 gears
-Power window/locks/mirrors and remote keyless entry
-Leather-wrapped steering wheel with accessory controls and cruise control
-Driver information center
-18-inch polished aluminum wheels
That sport suspension, is that the $1577 option if you go to saturns site and build your own?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
azzhauler said:
That sport suspension, is that the $1577 option if you go to saturns site and build your own?
But that is with the Dealer Installing. It is a lot cheaper to install it at the factory instead of the standard suspension
 

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
If the redline comes out to only cost 3k more then the base it seems like a pretty good deal with the extras. Hopefully that ballpark figure proves to be accurate, it'd be nice to have money left over to buy some extras like the cover, cai and windscreen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
REDSKY said:
My dealership is saying $3,000 over the stock price Sky.

That should put the price around $26,500

The Redline comes stock with many options...Your price will stay around $26,500-27,500...it comes with Polished rims...the chrome wheels are extra.

Standard on the REDLINE:

-Sport suspension system
-Four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock
-Limited-slip rear differential 3.73 gears
-Power window/locks/mirrors and remote keyless entry
-Leather-wrapped steering wheel with accessory controls and cruise control
-Driver information center
-18-inch polished aluminum wheels

Optional include:
-a rear deck spoiler, leather seating, sport metallic pedals, chrome wheels, enhanced audio options, including XM Satellite Radio, and OnStar.

I got this info from an older website...most of it is on key but I'm not sure about the leather premium option being extra...I would imagine the leather would come standard on the Redline but don't quote me on that!

Alohas :cool:

Pardon me, Optional for Onstar??

I think ya wrong, Onstar is standard...


Jay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
richmcc said:
But that is with the Dealer Installing. It is a lot cheaper to install it at the factory instead of the standard suspension
I didn't see a factory option on the first page of designing your own that had a suspension package. I'm sure the dealer will stick it to you for them installing it. But is that *the* same package? If so then I won't need to get many options when I order a redline. :thumbs: And if the polished wheels are standard, then upgrading to the chrome wheels should only cost a couple hundred.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
OnStar an option ?

I wish Onstar was an option. I would of love not to have that antenna on the back. Onstar will be a waste for me ( and for any one putting their car away for the winter or using it for weekends only) The one thing I wanted it for was tracking it in case it was stolen. But Onstar shuts down if the car is not use for 48 hours ,so the car cannot be tracked if stolen.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
richmcc said:
But that is with the Dealer Installing. It is a lot cheaper to install it at the factory instead of the standard suspension
They're not the same thing. The GM Sports Suspension accessory has different springs then the FE3 Suspension found on the Solstice Z0K Club Sport, Solstice GXP, and Sky Redline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Ahh I gotcha. Do you know if the GM package is much better than the FE3 on the redline? Well, enough so to justify $1600. :eek: I'm thinking probably not, but thats just me.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
theirishgonzo said:
do you think they will have hid?
I really doubt that HID will be on Redline or any Sky.. Iffen you want one then aftermarket is the only way...Skip....Dun hid in tha corner with those bright lites on him......:lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
brentil said:
They're not the same thing. The GM Sports Suspension accessory has different springs then the FE3 Suspension found on the Solstice Z0K Club Sport, Solstice GXP, and Sky Redline.
Thanks for the info. Is the FE3 supposed to have a softer ride then the GM sport suspension?
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top