1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received an email from my dealer. Here's a quote:

"Red Line SKY Features Turbocharged Value
July 3, 2006

Saturn announced that the turbo-charged 260 hp 2007 SKY Red Line will be available this fall at a starting price of $27,895 (including destination charges)."

·
Registered
637 Posts
pricing

I saw that same quote on the website 2 weeks ago. I went in and deposited $1000. Some of the dealers are adding an alarm system package that bumps the price up by $2995...not too happy about that.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Too much money. In my opinion 3,500 more than the base it RIDICULOUS. Plus dealers are being jerks about it, no GMS, no discounts, no specials, NOTHING. I can get a lot more car from Saab with my GMS. Sad but true, I wanted a SKY RL, but at this point I'll buy my 9-3 Aero and wait until I can afford a Corvette Vert.

·
Registered
342 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Too much money. In my opinion 3,500 more than the base it RIDICULOUS. Plus dealers are being jerks about it, no GMS, no discounts, no specials, NOTHING. I can get a lot more car from Saab with my GMS. Sad but true, I wanted a SKY RL, but at this point I'll buy my 9-3 Aero and wait until I can afford a Corvette Vert.
Enjoy your Saab. $3500. for what you get, the HP & torque, and all the rest is a BARGAIN. You couldn't find a SAAB roadster if you wanted to, and their convertibles are much more money, and much less style... no comparison.

Thanks for freeing up one of the limited allocations for people who appreciate the value.

·
Registered
43 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
you are retarded... it's a hot car, what did you expect???

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
sasimmons68 said:
Just received an email from my dealer. Here's a quote:

"Red Line SKY Features Turbocharged Value
July 3, 2006

Saturn announced that the turbo-charged 260 hp 2007 SKY Red Line will be available this fall at a starting price of $27,895 (including destination charges)."
Thanks for posting this. In my dealer quote they are charging me an extra $545 for destination fee. You better believe i'll be calling tommorow.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
When you subtract the items that are standard for the RL that are extra on the Standard the price difference comes down to ~2700 or ~3,000 if you get chrome wheels.

For the 2700.00

A higly advanced dual scrollling turbo charger direct injection, which provides:
  • 260hp (83 more)@5300 rpms(1300 lower) then Sky NA 177hp @ 6600rpms.
  • 260 ft lbs (94 more)@2500 rpms (2300 lower) then Sky NA @ 166ft-lbs @ 4800.
Advanced Stabilitrac with Traction Control
Performance tuned suspensions
Dual Exhaust
Added styling features

Seems like a good Bang for the Buck to me :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
richmcc said:
When you subtract the items that are standard for the RL that are extra on the Standard the price difference comes down to ~2700 or ~3,000 if you get chrome wheels.

For the 2700.00

A higly advanced dual scrollling turbo charger direct injection, which provides:
Dual Exhaust
Added styling features

:agree: :agree:

But they are really screwing us by charging 545.00 for up grade from polished to chrome, it should be 250.00.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you feel over $500 for chrome wheels is too much dont check that box on your order.

Drive your car for 6 months then upgrade to a 19" wheel with wider tires and be "unique" - (as if the RL isn't already unique..) wink wink

Thats my plan anyway..

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
geerhed said:
If you feel over $500 for chrome wheels is too much dont check that box on your order.

Drive your car for 6 months then upgrade to a 19" wheel with wider tires and be "unique" - (as if the RL isn't already unique..) wink wink

Thats my plan anyway..
I didn't order my mysterious Solstice has polished. The point is they should only be charging the differend between the polished upgrade to chrome upgrade on the base Sky and Solstice.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Axel said:
Enjoy your Saab. $3500. for what you get, the HP & torque, and all the rest is a BARGAIN. You couldn't find a SAAB roadster if you wanted to, and their convertibles are much more money, and much less style... no comparison.

Thanks for freeing up one of the limited allocations for people who appreciate the value.
Too many trade off's for a daily driver. As a Second car it would be a great deal, no doubt. But as a daily driver and my only vehicle there are other cars worth the 30k.

·
Registered
623 Posts
richmcc said:

For the 2700.00

Dual Exhaust
Added styling features

It would be for a second car, but not a daily driver. Besides the Saab 9-3 Aero has a similar tech Engine (no DI) the Turbo 2.8L, makes 240 HP so it's no slouch either.

·
Registered
623 Posts
arm1tage said:
Hot or not, no GMS pricing is not acceptable to me. I am not going to overpay now when in 2 years I can get it as a second car and pay about 5 grand less.

·
Registered
342 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Too many trade off's for a daily driver. As a Second car it would be a great deal, no doubt. But as a daily driver and my only vehicle there are other cars worth the 30k.
Totally agree... I couldn't handle it as an only car either.

I'd probably be waiting for the EVO X if I wanted something to haul the groceries (VERY fast!) :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
arm1tage said:

Whoa dude, thats a little rude don't you think? There is no reason to talk like that just because you disagree with someone.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
It would be for a second car, but not a daily driver. Besides the Saab 9-3 Aero has a similar tech Engine (no DI) the Turbo 2.8L, makes 240 HP so it's no slouch either.

Hey, It's your Benny's, I could certainly understand if that is going to be your only car.

My point is that RL compared to the Sky is a pretty good value.

The Sky will be my Daily driver but my Wife has a Vue so that will be our hauler.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
drbob said:
Originally Posted by arm1tage

Whoa dude, thats a little rude don't you think? There is no reason to talk like that just because you disagree with someone.
:agree: Would it be rude to suggest that the same about someone making that type of comment?

·
Registered
623 Posts
richmcc said:
Hey, It's your Benny's, I could certainly understand if that is going to be your only car.

My point is that RL compared to the Sky is a pretty good value.

The Sky will be my Daily driver but my Wife has a Vue so that will be our hauler.
I think it's a good value versus the SKY, but not a good value at that price. Heated/Full Power Leather Seats should be standard. As is you can't even get Heated or Power Seats. If Saturn is at all interested in selling this thing as anything but a pleasure car in northern states it NEEDS the heat on the seat!

I like the car, but it doesn't have enough gizmo's. I could deal with out things like NAV, but heated seats are for some reason a deal breaker!

·
Registered
43 Posts
this car is marketed to purists - if you don't like it, it doesn't suit you, it doesn't have the gizmos you require, then "i don't think" you should whine about its lack of incentives, GMS, blah blah blah...

frankly i am embarrassed at the types of people that this car attracts - people that know nothing about cars in general and just want to look flashy. i could care less if i am stereotyped as one of those - i don't live by convention. but its a little annoying nonetheless.

all IMHO.

·
Registered
478 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
I like the car, but it doesn't have enough gizmo's. I could deal with out things like NAV, but heated seats are for some reason a deal breaker!
To each their own. I'm in New England and really don't like having my butt and legs burned off. My wife loves it; I always turn it off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts