Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Sky Redline that I am having radiator cooling fan issues with.

It's burnt out 3 of the fan controller modules now, it's stock one, the stock one from my 07 Redline, and an aftermarket $19 Ford part off eBay. Fan does work if I jump it, at least last time I tried it.

I am beginning to suspect the fan is in fact bad and it's killing the modules, however I'd really like to know for sure. I put my voltmeter/ohm meter on the fan from my 07 Sky and it read basically 0 ohms of resistance. I put it on the one in my 08 and it read 12 ohms. I believe the fan in the Redline is brushless given the reading and my knowledge of pulse width modulation, and in reading about brushless motors the resistance is typically too low to be read using a standard volt meter, which would indicate that my fan in fact does have an issue.

Anyone else willing to check the resistance of their stock fans to verify what I'm seeing? Any other thoughts as far as troubleshooting?

· Administrator
8,913 Posts
The only thing that is going to burn out a fan controller that wouldn't also damage most of the electronics in the car is a bad fan motor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts