Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would post some meanderings. First the bad stuff.

The right AFTB does not disengage most of the time with the trunk release. I usually have to hit the release a 2nd time or push the turnk down a little.

I have heard this mentioned on another forum. I am getting condensation in the corner of the tailights.

I got into the passenger side with the side cupholder opened and bent it so when it is closed the hinge side is pushed in a bit.

Now on to the fun stuff:

First BlueStone. This is a color you have to see in person to able judge whether you like it or not. I think it is beautiful and loaded with "sparkles".

The comments, we got tons of comments and looks on our ride back from Santa Rosa. The most notable was the guy that followed us on the "17 mile drive" through pebble hill to Carmel. He drove up along side of us when we parked and asked all sorts of questions and commented on how great the car looked. He drove off, only to park and come running back to ask us more questions. :lol:

The ride through the 17 mile drive was a blast! The car handles so beautifully.

We almost caused one accident when a car along side of us almost rear ended another car because they were staring at mine.

A friend who does not hand out compliments often told me how good I look in the car.

I love being able to stomp on it coming on a freeway or when passing. Vroom. :driving:

I got the clear bra and it already has paid for itself. I have lightly hit parking blocks a couple of times and did not damage the car.

I personally love the Monsoon Sound System, love the Speed Sensitive Volume and the Xm Radio.

I took the car to a friend of mine and he was telling me how I needed to upgrade my exhaust system to take advantadge of the Turbo.
So I ask him if he wants to take a ride. :devil: We got on a quiet street and step on it enough to do 10 to 50 mphs in couple seconds with the automatic shifts bouncing the back of his head a couple of times:lol:

After that I did not hear anything more about it needing a better exhaust. LOL!

Also, I upgraded to the OnStar Turn by Turn which was really helpful on the trip back, it works great!

Overall I having a ball with this car.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
You know, I am getting condensation in SPIRIT too, something that never happened in BABY. I wonder if they changed the design...

These things are a blast, though, aren't they?

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I was getting condensation in the taillights the first couple weeks i had the car. I haven't seen it happen since.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Had both taillights changed under warranty for condensation...:)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Bluestone

:cool:
I ordered mid night blue but second choice was bluestone now that I have seen the close up and the sparkle on bluestone and that it would not show the dust quite as bad, well heck I love dark blue maybe I can have it pearled add metal flakes when it starts fading in 10 years or so. :thumbs:

TulsaSky
:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello all my wifes sky had condensation in both rear lights, had my parts guy order 2 new 1's put them in to only find out she already had the 2nd style rear lights and engineering called for them back.. HaHaHa got home and had condensation inside the brand new lights go figure... prob. gonna getta tsb that a small amount in normal and will burn off w no adverse affects... i saw something like that on a c06 while i was crusing dealerworld SI..

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Hello all my wifes sky had condensation in both rear lights, had my parts guy order 2 new 1's put them in to only find out she already had the 2nd style rear lights and engineering called for them back.. HaHaHa got home and had condensation inside the brand new lights go figure... prob. gonna getta tsb that a small amount in normal and will burn off w no adverse affects... i saw something like that on a c06 while i was crusing dealerworld SI..
Yeah the condensation usually only builds up in the corner near the trunk on mine but it dries failry quickly.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have a lot of condensation on both tail lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts