Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Sky has the same spoiler as the Redline ? I am not sure if I like the base Sky's or not ?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I think they both use the same spoiler. A must in my opinion for the R/L, as Bob Lutz said in the video a while ago, the spoiler will help it's stability when reaching speed of 155/160 on the Autobahn. Note: American hiways do not possess the capability of Autobahn speeds, so let's keep it safe now, ya hear!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Montana

Ernest said:
I think they both use the same spoiler. A must in my opinion for the R/L, as Bob Lutz said in the video a while ago, the spoiler will help it's stability when reaching speed of 155/160 on the Autobahn. Note: American hiways do not possess the capability of Autobahn speeds, so let's keep it safe now, ya hear!!!!
What about out in Montana? I heard that some folsk from Germany were going to Montana to drive fast because there is too much traffic on the Autobahn these days.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Spoiler musings

I've gone back & forth on the spoiler but after seeing a yello Sky today w/o I've decided to keep in on the option list for my black Redline. While taste is all in one's mouth, I think that w/o it looks a bit too minimalist for me.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
As Teacher1 satated "taste is in ones mouth" But I happen to think the the stock spoiler looks tacky on the SKY. Now this isn't to say that I would never have a spoiler, just not the stock one. Maybe in while there will be an aftermarket spoiler the will look really great to me on my SKY.

·
Registered
105 Posts
spiler banter

Hey Fred, I sure can't argue with you, frankly it looks cool either way. By the way, the yellow one I saw today on the road was AWESOME! I'm in Minneapolis, but it had a N. Dakota temp lic sticker on it. I'm WAY down the list, from your signature it looks like you'e #1? Great! Enjoy!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Lil GTO said:
What about out in Montana? I heard that some folsk from Germany were going to Montana to drive fast because there is too much traffic on the Autobahn these days.
Oooh. I'd be careful. They got critters in Montana. Big 'uns. And they wander onto the roadway.

This coming from a guy who used to live in Alaska who saw what happens with moose versus SUV at 55. Elk versus SKY at 110? Ewwwww... No survivors.

·
Registered
234 Posts
well I figure, we are spending over $30k anyway on the car.. we checked the spoiler box, if we don't like it we can sell it or put it away for safe keeping, it doesn't matter much, its like $300 on top of $30,000.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can you remove it once it's installed?

I assume of course that you can also add it on later. I haven't seen one it person yet with a spoiler, so I don't want to commit to something that is irreversable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts