Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no,on our site,go to pictures,you can see what i`m talking about.don`t know how to follow up with redsky,love the look,think a lot of us will like the look.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I'm confused too, can you provide a link to the picture you're refering to?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
please go to redskys gallery...he has two pictures posted...please get back if there is still confusion.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
If you are talking about this:

Anything is possible...

Also, please post the pictures or links when you mention a picture and want an opinion. Helps a lot... not only will people know what you are talking about, it will also save them time. With the multiple posts about looking for it ourselves, you could have posted the link or picture, respondents should not have to work to get you an answer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
new to the computer...have no idea how to do what you suggested...but info is info...would like to know if this is for real or just computer art.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
glock919 said:
new to the computer...have no idea how to do what you suggested...but info is info...would like to know if this is for real or just computer art.
It is PhotoShopped...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi All Redsky Here!!!!!!!

WELL...Funny to see a post about my images and no one sends me a message or invites me in on this one....lol YES THIS IMAGE WAS REDONE IN PHOTOSHOP.

Ok let me explain the whole things about this and another image I did...

First off I didnt care for the CHROME and Saturn logo on the front...

Second I was wondering if I could remove that chrome bar not only because I like the large mean grill look but because I feel the chrome cheapens it!

Third I was hoping to put the COLD AIR INDUCTION system on it and perhaps removing the chrome piece which would allow more air flow with the larger top grill but after going to the Thread on "INSTALLING THE KAPPASPHERE COLD AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM WITH PICS" I noticed behind that chrome bar there is no open space! Infact there is really no way for air to really get force feed in there at all (GO LOOK AT THE PICS YOURSELVES)...I assume Kappasphere has donesome research and perhaps the air flow is coming up from the bottom grill which is funtional.

I have also talked to NEIL at KAPPASPHERE and we discussed a grill system for the sky...Neil said the Solstice grill wasn't going to be as easy as the Sky so it looks like anything is possible and Neil and Kappashere may be looking into doing grill work for the Sky so everyone it may just happen in time...They are still in the works on their Exhaust for the Sky which should be out in another month (because of the square exhaust tip)

Personally if any of you plan on keeping your 2007 Sky you may just want to CUT the metal behind the upper grill and install the KAPPA COLD AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM...I bet the air will realybe force fed in there and if Kappasphere DOES come out with a grill system for it that would be even greater...When I get my Sky all I WILL BE DOING THIS TO MY UPPER GRILL I will keep you all posted and download pics for all of you but first i need my friggin sky....

JUST IMAGED so its going to be a little while before its in the driveway!

By the way...if anyone wants to talk to me about these images I did in Photoshop send me a message...Don't be shy!
Sorry about the mess...I'm in a rush!:eek:
RedSky

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
redsky,i`m the one who found your pictures,new to computers so hope you understand.please keep me informed because,i plan on takeing off that cheap fake plastic chrome strip on the top fake vent.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
More Chrome

Don't like Chrome you say - plenty of it on my 1964 GTO and even more on my dad's 1959 Bonneville - I'm thiking when I get my Red Line I might look into getting the perforated black inserts in the lower front end chrome plated.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was hoping we could at least unbolt the plastic chrome bar, which we can. The problem is the black grill behind it is flat where the chrome bolts up to it.
Too bad. We will need an aftermarket grill to look right. It should be easy for someone to manufacture.
Kappasphere???:confused:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think me and my brother were looking into getting the Mesh from the V-Series Cadillacs and replacing all the black mesh.... You can get the stuff McMaster-Carr.

·
Registered
122 Posts
chrome

Saturn design is going to include more chrome in their vehicles to support its brand image as more 'upscale' than it has been.

look for it in all their models (starting already with the '06 VUE).

so, if you are not into fake chrome, you are going to be disappointed. it is one of the new design trademarks for Saturn.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts