Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALOHA ALL...GOOD NEWS...We did the EXHAUST TODAY...and let me tell you...it's BITCHIN! :willy:

In a Previous THREAD I mentioned a few things about doing this custom exhaust...I even mentioned we would get the tone just right with resonators to give it a deep V8 like tone....well guess what...IT DIDN'T EVEN NEED THEM! The EXHAUST came out JUST PERFECT...the way it LOOKS...the way it SOUNDS...I just couldn't be happier...and the TIPS I found after looking over dozens in the warehouse are just PERFECT!

So the TEMPLATE has been made...So as I stated before in my other THREAD if any of you are interested in this in the NEW ENGLAND AREA PM me for all details.

BELOW WILL BE THE WHOLE STEP BY STEP PROCESS with 20 or so images...If I could please ask that NO ONE post on this THREAD until I have loaded ALL THE IMAGES...I just don't want to BREAK the POSTING UP...The images are a respectable size so it will be some time before I am done posting images...When I make my last post with images I will let you all know that it's cool to POST ON THIS THREAD!:D

I WANT TO GIVE OUT A BIG MAHALO TO THE CREW at (BLAH,BLAH, BLAH) for working on this Killer Custom with me...They did a FIRST RATE JOB!:thumbs:

As for price of the COMPLETE SYSTEM including cutting to make the second exhaust port the total for customers will be around $390.00

Ok all...let me start posting images::::

Alohas! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
second round of images

ok second round of images...2 more rounds to go: :willy:

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mo Images, Mo Images

Ok Third round of images....Just one more to go! :willy: :eek: :willy:

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last round here we go!

OK all, these are the last images!!!!!:willy: :eek: :willy:

Go ahead...All is clear to post away! :D

If you have questions or anything GO FOR IT! :cheers:

ALOHAS! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ok, I'll go first..

the setup looks awesome and the dual tips on either side is the way I think I'll be going.

couple of questions--

what is the difference between your custom job and the cat back that magnaflow will be offering? As far as I can tell, the only difference will be that the magnaflow will come with new piping from the cat but the rest will be the same as your setup?

I'm new to custom tips, do the tips effect the tone? or are they purely cosmetic?

is it possible to get a soundclip? I know sound clips never do it justice but at least we could get an idea of what it sounds like.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
usmc said:
Ok, I'll go first..

the setup looks awesome and the dual tips on either side is the way I think I'll be going.

couple of questions--

what is the difference between your custom job and the cat back that magnaflow will be offering? As far as I can tell, the only difference will be that the magnaflow will come with new piping from the cat but the rest will be the same as your setup?

I'm new to custom tips, do the tips effect the tone? or are they purely cosmetic?

is it possible to get a soundclip? I know sound clips never do it justice but at least we could get an idea of what it sounds like.

what is the difference between your custom job and the cat back that magnaflow will be offering?

First off it's from the AXEL back...there is no need to replace any of the piping before that...It would just be a waste...AND THAT IS SOME OF THE PRICE DIFFERENCES...Currently the single exit system maganflow will be offering will be Over $600.00...That doesn't include cutting out the area for the second exhaust port and it doesnt include the exhaust pipe or tip(s) on that side. Just go to their website and ck out the exhaust they will be offering first...They may be offering the quad tip set up later on and most likely it will be a higher price than the single exhaust they will be offering which has yet to hit the market. You may be looking at $700.00 for the system I paid $390.00 for

Kappaspheres system is AXEL back like mine but I think they are going to be left in the dust on this one...they want Over $500.00 for a single tip Exhaust and they haven't even released theirs yet...they have a TIP issue...

It's Cosmetics on mine...there are tips that Borla has that can change the way the tone is...as does SUPER TRAPPS. There is no need to do that with the SKY setup...more waste of money. it sounds great as is.

Is it possible to get a soundclip?

I will try to work on this...I didn mention I wanted to get a sound clip...Let me see what I can do but it's not a sure thing...First off I'm not sure I have anyway to transfer a sound wave to my computer...Perhaps My digital camera can do it...I will look into it, Also I'm very busy and after I post this I'm taking off with the Sky to pick up my Dual CAI to get installed next week...I will post a (step by step) on that as well next week.

Keep you posted if I can post a sound file or not tonight.

Alohas! :cool:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Looks amazing REDSKY!

:thumbs: :thumbs: On a great job!

People REALLY won't know what the heck exotic sports car you've got now. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Sick, man. It looks amazing. I want to see it in person. I'd love to do that, but I'm just not sure how I'd feel about the round tips in the trapezoidal openings on my own car. My OCD would probably go off the charts! Can't wait to hear it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
The outcome of your dual exhaust is awesome!!!! I gotta do this, makes the rear end really stand out. Great job to the team that put this together for you!

·
Registered
322 Posts
This is really awesome...."holy after-market way-to-go Batman":cool:

This "dual" look is amazing.
One question, could they do a single set of the dual tips? I kinda like the look of the single side with the twin pipes.....also, have you considered any warrentee issues? Just thinking of all things....:confused:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Very Nice................ Great Job, Gotta hear it..........

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Great thread... now were really starting to get the cool DIY stuff over here at SR forum. Thanks RedSky, It looks nasty (in the good way) and I bet it sounds great too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Very cool, nice job man. That's not a bad price either.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Great looking mod. I'm really thinking now:thumbs:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aloha, Aloha, Aloha I Have Video

OK ALL...SOME OF YOU WANTED A SOUND CLIP....WELL I DID BETTER...HOW ABOUT A VIDEO SOUND CLIP...I managed to do it with my digital....

Mind you it's not the best quality and hearing it in person can't compare but DAM...it still sounds KILLER on the video.....

ANYONE INTERESTED PM ME and send me your true E-MAIL ADDRESS so I can send the file to you...I can't figure ow to upload the file on here....It's a MPEG Movie file and I don't think I can upload those types of files on here...It's a shame...that should be an option on this Forum...If somone could be kind enough to mention it to the Forum administration for me that would be great...I'm too crazy busy with mods and Avatars I don't have much time to do anything else around here....

Mahalos all.....AND if you want the sound clip PM...don't forget! :cool:

·
Premium Member
802 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ok so how do I get in contact with the shop Im sold.

·
Registered
255 Posts
REDSKY, you have outdone yourself............

WOW...... Absolutely love the whole system. The price is outstanding and the looks are unbelievable. Can't wait to get the information necessary to do the same thing.

Larry

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mahalos Bro

fkeillor said:
I think if you go to www.putfile.com or www.yourtube.com you will be able to upload you clip there and then just post that link.

Mahalos man...I will try this option first before I send a 15MB FILE TO EACH PERSON THAT WANTS IT...I currently only have DIAL UP...so you all can imagine how long stuff takes to download...I want you all to hear this thing but I need to find a time consuming way of doing it...

I'm going to go see if I can upload the file to www.yourtube.com first...

ALOHAS :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
REDSKY it really does look great congrats! I am just going to hold out for a dual square tip set up. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts