Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the earliest the Sky can become available, if it will come as a 2007 model? I recall hearing a hard and fast rule to this, but forgot. A logical guess would be that it'd have to come out in the latter half of 2006, but of course that doesn't make sense with all the "available early 2006" material Saturn is spewing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jinx, I guess the "early 2006" makes a bit more sense now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
naoki said:
Thanks jinx, I guess the "early 2006" makes a bit more sense now.
Do the math......
"Early 2006" is to the Saturn Sky what "early summer 2005" is to the Solstice. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Correction, any new launched vehicle can carry the following year's date. Example, I took delivery of a 2003 Toyota Matrix in March of 2002. The Sky will be to market just as fast, if not faster. Techinically, they can sell a 2007 Sky on January 1, 2006 if they wanted too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SkyHawk said:
Do the math......
"Early 2006" is to the Saturn Sky what "early summer 2005" is to the Solstice. :D
Lol, well, of course the early 2006 figure is to be taken with a grain of salt... the only difference vs. the Solstice is that they said it'd be be the 2007 model year, so I figured we could rely on it being "at least <insert month> late."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
Delnari said:
Correction, any new launched vehicle can carry the following year's date. Example, I took delivery of a 2003 Toyota Matrix in March of 2002. The Sky will be to market just as fast, if not faster. Techinically, they can sell a 2007 Sky on January 1, 2006 if they wanted too.
IIRC, any vehicle introduced/sold after January 1 MUST be labeled as the following model year. If they intro the Sky on December 31, 2005, then they can call it a 2006.

Produce it on January 1, 2006, and it MUST be called a 2007 Model year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
?

Well, I don't know what to believe.. I asked my Saturn dealership, and they said, "Eh, we don't know. It could possibly be even June or later." then some are saying April, some are saying December of this year. As much as I'd want it to come out in December, I'd rather get it in April... Less snow, more summer months to drive and prepare for the winter months. :)
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top