Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked to my dealer & he told me that our Sky has been "released to carrier" but he said he still doesn't have a VIN for me. :banghead: We would like to go finalize our loan (we are getting 3.9% at Fort Bragg Credit Union). He told me that he has no idea when our car will be delivered.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
HRD&FAST said:
I just talked to my dealer & he told me that our Sky has been "released to carrier" but he said he still doesn't have a VIN for me. :banghead: We would like to go finalize our loan (we are getting 3.9% at Fort Bragg Credit Union). He told me that he has no idea when our car will be delivered.
There IS a VIN. He/she is either not looking for it or looking in the wrong place... :banghead: May want to inquire further!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He told me that he doesn't have any paperwork on it - just knows that it's been released to carrier.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
HRD&FAST said:
I had to get the VIN off the CAR when it arrived... took a couple days for the paperwork to catch up....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great news, and great rate from the Credit Union.

I am having trouble with the dealer knowing how to get status information. The process as described by some in here seems like it would eliminate these kind of situations. Seems like some cars are getting thru with the system not catching up, which somehow does not make sense to me, or else there are a number of salespeople and dealers who don't know how to leverage the system to get current and complete information.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
HRD&FAST said:

I forgot.. when did your image go in? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
VUETH1S said:
Great news, and great rate from the Credit Union.

I am having trouble with the dealer knowing how to get status information. The process as described by some in here seems like it would eliminate these kind of situations. Seems like some cars are getting thru with the system not catching up, which somehow does not make sense to me, or else there are a number of salespeople and dealers who don't know how to leverage the system to get current and complete information.
Some dealers have a policy not to give that information to the customers just because they get to expecting once the car gets to a certain status it will only take x amount of days for the next event, and since it seems we all know every car seems to have a different schedule of events, it would be unrealistic to base what others experience for a timeline is and expect yours to follow the same schedule... But that is my opinion...

·
Registered
274 Posts
HRD&FAST said:
He told me that he doesn't have any paperwork on it - just knows that it's been released to carrier.
I think that is kind of [email protected]!$#up....
my dealer said the same thing to me.....
how in the hell can he know is on carrier if he doesnt even has papers on it.... or a complete vin number

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
HRD&FAST said:
Then he doesn't know where to look in the system. Using your VOMs they can look it up. Any dealer can look it up actually.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
azote said:
how in the hell can he know is on carrier if he doesnt even has papers on it.... or a complete vin number
The VOMs system tells them all of those things, it's where they get your status info and all. It's also where they can get your VIN if they know where to look.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I took Ernests advice and went to the dealer and talked to the sales manager and requested a print out on the status of my order. I had the order number and he plugged it in with the aid of his cheat sheet and printed it out. It was obvious that he does not use the system very often. I think we have a situation that we are far more educated with the launch of this car than they are used to. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
azote said:
it happens, like it did to me, he told me it was on the carrier at the plant but had no other info.... so it can be done...without VINs or paperwork...

·
Registered
21 Posts
As stated, if your vehicle has reached event 40 (released to carrier) a full VIN has been assigned. Doesn't take 30 seconds to look it up. What's disappointing is the number of retailers who don't understand or appreciate the opportunities this type of consumer excitement can create for their brand. The Aura will be a guaranteed success also and they had better be ready for even more customers with lots of knowledge and expectations.:)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The sales people haven't studied as hard as you guys. I have learned more about this car and the process of buying one here than anywhere. An associate at my firm turned me onto this car when I was hunting the right roofless vehicle to make my commute in balmy Georgia more fun. No one had a clue about this car down here. Still don't, so I am glad for the info and appreciate the info given by the experienced sky fans.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It takes a few minutes and some thinking to find a VIN without an Invoice.

And released to carrier doesnt mean Shipped.. And shipped is when the invoice is sent.

Someone may not how to look for it OR

They are holding you up from getting you loan, hoping they can get the financing.

But with the rate you quoted, they wont be able to beat it.

but you can still listen to what they have to say about Saturn Service Plans before you do your loan.

There is no way I would go with a Service plan/Entended vehicle coverage from a Credit Union on a vehicle this new. I am sure there are parts that wont be covered from a non-Saturn plan.:D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Door ding protection plan

Has anyone else been offered this plan? I got it, it was only 70 bucks and for the first 3 years they will repair and door dings or hail damage... I thought it was a good deal since this is not a plastic car,

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My image went in February 23rd. I am calling my salesperson today & telling her the info I have found out from this forum - then maybe she will be able to find my VIN.

·
Registered
192 Posts
HRD&FAST said:
My image went in February 23rd. I am calling my salesperson today & telling her the info I have found out from this forum - then maybe she will be able to find my VIN.
My image went in 2/27 and I went to my dealer and got my vin# last Tue. (3/21). I actually went in adn asked them to pull up my order and print it out with vin#, event code and options. My order went to 040 that day and haven't heard anymore since. :driving:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
brentil said:
The VOMs system tells them all of those things, it's where they get your status info and all. It's also where they can get your VIN if they know where to look.
That's what I was saying... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts