Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to local Saturn dealer to inquire on Redline availability / price and saw a disturbing thing on their Sky Base demonstrator - Significant wear on a Sky roof with only 4K miles. This go's back to recent threads concerning missing foam pads on the 2 standoffs mounted on the inside of the trunk lid. On the passenger side of this demo vehicle you could no longer even see the canvas pattern - it was worn smooth by rubbing against the hard plastic on the detail (after the foam pad falls off)

I have replaced the pad on my vehicle with 1300 miles, never even found the missing pad in the trunk. I used foam that GM used on the sliding roof from the Envoy XUV for squeek/rattle prevention so I could custom cut the piece to perfectly conform to my roof in the stored position. After 4K miles still no wear. Best to check it out!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Me too

I noticed a rubbing and have the same problem. I found one of the pads but not the other. It's on the list for the dealer

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had one come off too. Tried super glue and still wouldn't hold. Good old duct tape until next trip to dealer.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Where are these located, I'll have to check mine later :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
6,472 Posts
The pads are about 1/4 inch thick foam rubber, glued to the top of a sem-triangular plastic pyramid that is on the inside of the trunk lid 2/3 of the way to the back. They push on the top right at the rear of the door opening, when it is folded into the trunk.

If the pad is missing, either keep the top up, or make some kind of pad to protect the top from the plastic pyramid. It will ruin the top if it rubs too long.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have just had a similar problem. On mine, the entire plastic box and pad came off. On the right side, there is a small "wear" spot in the top. It's not anything big, but definately noticeable. I took it to Saturn and they are ordering me a new top, free replacement.

So.... I've had a windshield replaced, a scrape on the front of the hood "color sanded" and now a new top.... Wow.... My SC2 is ALL original (except the tires of course) that I've had for 5 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts