Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious. Can some or all of the lettering added to wind deflectors be removed? Mine looks like this
Automotive lighting Hood Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

and I'm thinking I might like just the center logo without the lettering. I don't want to hit it with a chemical that'll melt the plastic.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
I'm curious. Can some or all of the lettering added to wind deflectors be removed? Mine looks like this

and I'm thinking I might like just the center logo without the lettering. I don't want to hit it with a chemical that'll melt the plastic.
Doubtful. Most of them are engraved, making the graphics permanent.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I would just order one from Wind Restrictor as you would like and just sell your current one and it should make up some of the difference and you would have what you want without possibly ruining the one you have. I believe you can reuse the illuminated part of your current one and just buy an etched only one for $197. If you can wait a little longer they usually will do a Black Friday sale.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
the engraving on the wr is designed to reflect light and is going to be a serious challenge to remove. Then the surface would have to be near optically perfect to not show roughness from the work.

Better to either live with it or get a new one. I have five.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah mine has the Saturn symbol and says sky and I'd like to trade for a plain clear one. As I get older I'm becoming more "low-key". I had put a listing up asking if anyone wanted to trade but no one seemed interested

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Yeah mine has the Saturn symbol and says Sky and I'd like to trade for a plain clear one. As I get older I'm becoming more "low-key".
Yes indeed. That was my thinking when buying mine. I am not into "bling". The car stands out all by itself. It doesn't need any help.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm curious. Can some or all of the lettering added to wind deflectors be removed? Mine looks like this View attachment 120885

IF YOU remove THE LETTERING, YOU DO KNOW THAT THE LOGO IS NOT IN THE CENTER.!, AND YU NAY NOT LIKE IT BEING OFF-CENTER MORE NOTICEABLE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm curious. Can some or all of the lettering added to wind deflectors be removed? Mine looks like this View attachment 120885

I would contact the company for their recommendation if they have one. My guess is it may be permanent.

·
Registered
295 Posts
the engraving on the wr is designed to reflect light and is going to be a serious challenge to remove. Then the surface would have to be near optically perfect to not show roughness from the work.

Better to either live with it or get a new one. I have five.
Any chance you'd trade a plain one for one that has the Saturn symbol and says sky?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts