Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Looks like it has been taken care of already, that was annoying....:willy:

I spoke too soon it popped up again as I was leaving this thread......please fix
Nope, it is still coming up....really annoying:banghead::banghead::mad:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
What did I miss, If we have a payed membership I thought the adds went away this site is a pain this has to be fixed....seal9

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
The real rub is that I suspect the forums just have an open line to whatever ads get fed. As the advertiser, you'd think the braintrust at Edmunds would consider the impact of their ad. Oh. Braintrust. Edmunds. <sigh>

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I support removal of the Edmunds ad. I paid for the membership, but I kept ads on and turned the sidebar off. I figured the ads might be something Im occasional interested in, so I wanted to continue to support the board by viewing the ads. I CANNOT stand this new ad though. I couldn't even read the first post on this thread till I figure out where I had to click to get rid of it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've never seen the Edmunds ad and I only have the free membership at this time.
Could it be browser or browser setting dependent?
I use firefox.
I also use a hosts file that blocks many ad servers, so that might be it. I do get a few advertisments on the sidebars, but nothing that pops up in front of the site content like in the edmunds ad document that saturnskydude posted.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
This ad really is complete bull****. It really is SO bad that it WOULD cause me to use the other Kappa sites that are not running this damn thing. Solsticeforum has it also.

I work in radio. We have advertisers that will bring radio commercials SO obnoxious that we will refuse to run them because we know it will run off the listeners. This is the same thing. Money is great, but the advertising can't be SO bad it runs off your audience.

Besides, Edmunds are the biggest GM haters since Consumer Reports! I refuse to use them no matter what because of their bias.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
I hate these types of ads I always seem to get them when I am looking for movie show times on Yahoo!..:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
I had to "close" it 3 times before I could even farkin post a reply.

Big Doggie what magic can you do ???

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Big Doggie what magic can you do ???
Not much I can do. I've got a PM in to Nadeem. I suspect he or his techs may be, or will be, busy. Googling about, seems we are far from alone as a number of forums have a thread like this running right now.

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Not much I can do. I've got a PM in to Nadeem. I suspect he or his techs may be, or will be, busy. Googling about, seems we are far from alone as a number of forums have a thread like this running right now.
Thank u for running interference...it apparently worked :cheers:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Yup...no pop up ad so far!

Thanx!!!

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
:woo: This thread is clean.....:lol:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Big thanks to the powers that be:cheers:...Hey Edmunds...your reviews suck...this one's for you:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
Thanks Mark

now the floaters that block the "HOME" task bar....can you get them to work on those too

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I'd be afraid to call it dead and gone. Now I gotta create a thread in the for sale section to unload 20 subscriptions to edmunds. :lol: I've no idea why it left actually. Hopefully the autoforums folks caught it, but we'll no more when we hear from Nadeem.

The floater is that ongoing bug with flash ads which goes beyond the forum software. We added the "Current" menu bar option to get around it when "Active Topics" drops under flash ads. A bunch of time was spent on this one, and it's a documented "feature" with the vbulletin folks. :banghead:

21 - 40 of 61 Posts