Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Here is what my screen looks like with AdBlocker. Now when I check my recent topics, I don't have to worry that the drop down menu going behind the current ad. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Good call Mark...it was too good to be true. Damn thinkg is under where I'm typing right now. :brentil:

Make it stop!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
It never left big Doggie

it's farkin

B A C K !!!!

just refresh a couple of times

·
Registered
997 Posts
I agree. this will run me off.

Moderators?
Ditto. And the continual problem with the top banner ad covering the active topics drop down menu. :agree:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Must Press Edmunds Link. Edmunds Is My Friend. I Just Need To Click To Start. I Must Press That Button. How Can I Go Wrong? I Love Edmunds.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
.....yeah baby...it's back....and it's annoying as hell...just like Stevesky...and herpes:lol::jester:

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
.....yeah baby...it's back....and it's annoying as hell...just like Stevesky...and herpes:lol::jester:
Gotta agree with Jayman!

It is back - and annoying as hell! :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am a club member and find this drop down ad too much of an annoyance. I believe my visits here will be far and few between.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
it's so anoying!!!:brentil:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Geez are you kidding me....Ten screens and edmonds adds.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Anyone care to test whether it's a flash ad, and whether disabling flash in your browser will skip it? I'm Linux bound and can't recreate.

FWIW, we're catching this from a subscription feed most likely and it will rotate in beyond our control. Other forums continue to have the same problem with the feed.

I also tweaked the thread title, but doubt this one is pulling from context. Could well be wrong either way, but when you hit a context sensitive ad, it can be fun to mess with your forum compatriots by seeding it. :D

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Anyone care to test whether it's a flash ad, and whether disabling flash in your browser will skip it? I'm Linux bound and can't recreate.:D
I disabled my AdBlocker and enabled my Flash blocker and the edmunds ad is gone. :jm2c:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I never use Microsoft Internet Explorer. I use Mozilla Firefox with Adblock Plus and I don't get all that crap. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Those of you who are supporting members can turn off all the ads except for one at the top that cycles through the supporting vendors. You'll still see those that are most likely to be of actual interest to you, but you won't have any idea what people are talking about when threads like this come up. :D

You can update your advertising preferences by clicking 'Quick Links' at the top of the page and selecting 'Edit Profile.' :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Those of you who are supporting members can turn off all the ads except for one at the top that cycles through the supporting vendors. You'll still see those that are most likely to be of actual interest to you, but you won't have any idea what people are talking about when threads like this come up. :D

You can update your advertising preferences by clicking 'Quick Links' at the top of the page and selecting 'Edit Profile.' :thumbs:
This doesn't get rid of the fracking edmunds ad... ARGH!

I had to click it off multiple times just to quote you and type this response...

·
Registered
429 Posts
I never use Microsoft Internet Explorer. I use Mozilla Firefox with Adblock Plus and I don't get all that crap. :D
:agree:

If it wasn't for the fact that Steve is running Firefox w/o Adblock on his computer, I wouldn't know what y'all are talking about. I probably wouldn't even care about it, but I keep hearing him yell, "Effin Ed.....!!!"

And before everyone starts to threaten to leave the site (sorry, too late, I guess) give the Doggie and Nadeem a chance to work on it. Apparently it just started today...relax...take a :chill:, take a break from the forum for a few hours and spend the time checking out Ad Block Plus. Seriously, you'll thank me and RedSkyMan for it.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Have you noticed anything different this morning? The techs fixed it. :D

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I use Internet Explorer 6 and just downloaded adblocker 2.2 (Thanks MidnightBlues). I downloaded the 30 day free trial. They didn't ask for any info from me. You only have to pay if you register it at the end of 30 days. My problem is solved.:thumbs:

Adblock Pro 2.2 - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
Here is what my screen looks like with AdBlocker. Now when I check my recent topics, I don't have to worry that the drop down menu going behind the current ad. :cheers:
Your Welcome!! Ain't it heavenly :lol::cheers::cool: I do however feel bad for our other members that continue to take it on the chin when they can just make ALL ads go away with a little software patch..:rolleyes:

I've never seen the Edmunds ad and I only have the free membership at this time.
Could it be browser or browser setting dependent?
I use firefox.
I also use a hosts file that blocks many ad servers, so that might be it. I do get a few advertisments on the sidebars, but nothing that pops up in front of the site content like in the edmunds ad document that saturnskydude posted.
Indeed that is what is is. I use the last version of Netscape navigator which is the daddy of the mozilla family of browsers of which Firefox is one of them. Another words, Firefox use to be called Netscape. With this browser we can download all kinds of patches to enhance the www experience. One of those patches just happens to be a free patch of Adblocker.. :thumbs::cheers::yesnod:

41 - 60 of 61 Posts