Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the plastic cowling that covers the engine? I don't want to force anything and i can not see what holds it on. In the front their appears to be a bracket with rubber mounts, but it doesn't look like it can be removed. When I installed the CAI I had to splice a piece of the new hose, contained in the kit, into the existing CV fitting becuse I couldn't get the cowling off. There must be an easy way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Way2Fast said:
Does anyone know how to remove the plastic cowling that covers the engine? I don't want to force anything and i can not see what holds it on. In the front their appears to be a bracket with rubber mounts, but it doesn't look like it can be removed. When I installed the CAI I had to splice a piece of the new hose, contained in the kit, into the existing CV fitting becuse I couldn't get the cowling off. There must be an easy way.

Remove the oil cap and the cover should pull up. You may need to give it a firm tug. That rubber mount is part of the cover. It attaches to a stud. I believe there are 2 of these. The one you see in the front and one in the rear. When reinstalling it line up the holes in the rubber with the studs and the oil fill neck. This cover is removed for oil filter access as well.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
You shouldn't have to remove the oil cap. Just grab it on either side and pull up. It's very simple.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys............I didn't want to force it and then get that sick feeling in the stomache if something broke !:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I would like to clarify I meant "shouldn't" and not should. You can remove the engine cover with the oil cap in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts