Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm a new Sky owner and new to these boards. I would like to surprise my wife and replace the stock antenna with the stubby one. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which one will work. I would prefer a "plug n play" where re-wiring is not necessary. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which one is better and where I might find it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS I did try to search for this answer before I posted, but couldn't get a response on the search engine (it said try again in 5 minutes).

Thanks,
newsky1

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome aboard Newsky1:cheers:

The subject of stubbies has been discussed many times. I believe if you use seach again and type in "Antenna" you'll get a bunch of threads (I did).

However, I bet many people (including our supporting vendors) will innundate this post with ideas and their favorite Stubbie!:thumbs:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went to Auto Zone and picked up a small stubby rubber one. It tends to bend in the wind, but looks awesome. It will say compatable for all GM models

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Inundate I shall! I picked up a B Series in Silver from Carcessory.com. The price was right and it looks great! I don't know about reception, though, since I only bought it for looks. I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in my own car in years. Installation os really only a matter of unscrewing the old one and screwing on the new one. Happy shopping!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I also got the stubby B antenna from Caraccessory. It looks great, and works well too. I couldn't be happier with it (also for the inexpensive price I paid for it). You can see what it looks like in this photo of my car, Raven.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
I used a Honda S2000 antenna on my '96 Golf GTi VR6 and also had used one from the Audi TT. They may be the same thread pitch as the Sky's but I am not sure as I don't have my Redline yet. The S2000 antenna was slightly taller than the Audi TT's but got much better reception.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Watch it though... Some of them are JUST a bit, well, SKY crazy....:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Okay, I'm a new Sky owner and new to these boards. I would like to surprise my wife and replace the stock antenna with the stubby one. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which one will work. I would prefer a "plug n play" where re-wiring is not necessary. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which one is better and where I might find it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS I did try to search for this answer before I posted, but couldn't get a response on the search engine (it said try again in 5 minutes).

Thanks,
newsky1[/QUOTE
MY opinion only! Why buy when a quick mod looks awsome and looks very original. Only 14" tall and works same as original:willy:

Attachments

·
Registered
18,390 Posts
antenna size is meaningless unless you r distant from the transmitter of the radio station or u r in a valley...it is the strength of the signal from the radio station...when it comes to radios, size does not matter...usually.

Now figuratively speaking, size does matter...if u get my drift .:lol:

·
Registered
108 Posts
antenna size is meaningless unless you r distant from the transmitter of the radio station or u r in a valley...it is the strength of the signal from the radio station...when it comes to radios, size does not matter...usually.

Now figuratively speaking, size does matter...if u get my drift .:lol:
Hi Marlboromike & Newsky1
Very true, Must be around strong signal. Originally someone on a previous post said 14" for some reason. That what I cut mine at and it looked good, so I left it at that size.
AND
Only someone with a small one believes size does not matter!!!
Proof.. Ask one to the 2.0 owners:eek: :thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts