Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I tore the boot on my driveshaft while doing a clutch job. Do any of you know where i can buy a new one without buying the whole CV joint?

To be clear, this is the boot at the transmission side of the driveshaft.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
11,298 Posts
Hello,

I tore the boot on my driveshaft while doing a clutch job. Do any of you know where i can buy a new one without buying the whole CV joint?

To be clear, this is the boot at the transmission side of the driveshaft.

Thanks in advance
I'm sure someone around here has one...Don't think they are different Automatic to Manual. I'm not even sure it was listed as a separate part from the full driveshaft. I know the rear coupler is this way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the lead Robotech.

I was also finding that it is not listed. During a google search i was directed to a part for a Kia. Figured this would be the best place to ask.

I found the giubo joint separately at Rock Auto (not sure if I'm supposed to give source names, but...). I am replacing that piece while I'm in there. Mine has a very slight crack starting.

·
Super Moderator
11,298 Posts
Thanks for the lead Robotech.

I was also finding that it is not listed. During a google search i was directed to a part for a Kia. Figured this would be the best place to ask.

I found the giubo joint separately at Rock Auto (not sure if I'm supposed to give source names, but...). I am replacing that piece while I'm in there. Mine has a very slight crack starting.
Not sure how helpful this will be but see if you can find another car that uses the same driveshaft on the trans as ours...or at least similar.

When I changed the diff in my Sky to a Quaife unit, I needed shims. When I tried to look them up for our Sky, I was told (and found) you could only get the entire differential assembly part number. Knowing our diff is from a 2005 Cadillac CTS, I looked up the same part under that platform and found all the different internal parts. Might be the same kind of thing here.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I can't remember witch one it is but the drive shafts for a manual and automatic are different in length. The ends are the same only the length is different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts