Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their front low beam headlights with Sylvania SilverStar replacement bulbs? They are only about $20 per bulb and give off a white/blue light, much brighter and whiter than the stock halogens we have but certainly a lot less expensive than a full HID kit. My neighbor has put them on his mini-van and they look real good, and the difference in the light being emitted is noticable. I think they would be a good enhancement to our Sky's.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Could be a good alternative for people who want a bit more light yet don't want to go the route of HID conversion.:cheers:

·
Registered
61 Posts
If I ever get my R/L.........HIDs will be one of my first mods.:thumbs:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone replaced their front low beam headlights with Sylvania SilverStar replacement bulbs? They are only about $20 per bulb and give off a white/blue light, much brighter and whiter than the stock halogens we have but certainly a lot less expensive than a full HID kit. My neighbor has put them on his mini-van and they look real good, and the difference in the light being emitted is noticable. I think they would be a good enhancement to our Sky's.
I went through two pair of Silverstar's in my Lexus and each pair only lasted a year. For the third pair, I purchased a pair of MTEC's off of eBay and they are MUCH better than Silverstars. You probably have not heard of them b/c they are from Japan. The packaging is written in Japanese. They last a lot longer than Silverstars. I would highly recommend them. Look at the auction below. They are not the right size, but just look at the seller's other items and you'll find the right one. This is the same guy I bought mine from...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUTH...4QQihZ010QQcategoryZ36476QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Last time I checked SilverStars did not have a H9 or H11 bulb

OEM ...High beam H9 65 watt..... Low beam H11 55 watt

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought a pair of blue xenons from eurodezigns.com for my Mitsu Montero about 3 years ago and they've held up and look great. I think you can get them for like 20 bucks for the pair. They also offer matching fog lights.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I installed the replacement xenon bulbs (H11) in my low beam headlights this weekend and they look great. Very quick and easy to install, much brighter light and adds that "premium" look without spending $$$ on a full HID kit.

However, the light that is just to the outside and above the low beam headlight is still the non-white color bulb, and I would like to match this bulb with the ones in the low beam headlights.

Does anyone know if there are replacement bulbs with a bluish light for these? I think the owners manual describes them as "parking lights"; for those with the owners manual, it is light "A" (low beam is light "B" and high beam is light "C"). The replacement bulb part number is W5W-B50Y2.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If it is the parking lights (which would be amber) then it is illegal to replace them with a color other than amber. All parking lights and turn signals must be amber in the front and amber or red in the rear. The hyperwhite turnsignals you see around are not legal and can get you a ticket from a cop having a bad day.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Replaced all the lights, Driving, Low and High....Found a company that had
H11 and H9 base IPF Hyper White high performance JDM halogen light bulb that are 5K......what a diffrence.....Seal9:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts