Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning folks!

As I prepare to take ownership of my own sky, one of the first things I want to do it flush all fluids.
Would you all please share what sockets/ tools I will need (i.e. does the Sky use all Metric)?

·
Super Moderator
6,122 Posts
Good morning folks!

As I prepare to take ownership of my own sky, one of the first things I want to do it flush all fluids.
Would you all please share what sockets/ tools I will need (i.e. does the Sky use all Metric)?
The Sky, like every other new car, is all metric.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Get the correct, special tool for the oil filter canister lid.
Get the vacuum coolant refill tool so that you can refill the system quickly and once. Don't screw around with all the hinky semi-functional procedures and frustration.

Reactions: squilliam

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just FYI: If buying a manual transmission, there is no means to flush the hydraulic clutch line which shares the same DOT3 fluid as the brakes. Just flush the brakes and hope for the best with the clutch.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Make sure you know how to jack it up without breaking the body parts....maybe get some pucks....

Reactions: squilliam

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Make sure you know how to jack it up without breaking the body parts....maybe get some pucks....
I took my cat in to have the oil changed once and only once. They couldn't fit the jack under the car so they used another jack under the intercooler.
Duly noted. I've seen pictures of cracked fenders, and my god... Others have suffered so I don't have to, and I appreciate that.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The one thing the Solstice has in favor of the Sky is the material of the front fenders. They bend instead of breaking when being lifted improperly. If only the Sky had steel fenders "And" simulator vents.

I have worked on 3 different Solstices and now my own Sky. I was able to re-shape the deformed bottoms of the Solstice fenders, which all six fenders required.

I bought my Sky with a huge chunk of missing fiberglass that I filled with a chunk of broken front fender liner. It's ugly when the car is on a lift, but unseen on the street. Now my battery stays dry.

I selected a portion of fender liner that matched the curvature of the underside of the fender. Functionally it turned out great. The make-shift repair has me on the road until I can secure an "affordable" Ming Blue replacement.

Oh yes.....I put lifting pucks on the car.

·
Super Moderator
6,122 Posts
You could also get some fiberglass and do an actual repair.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts