Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of a friend has access to a dealer auction database web site. These are not public auctions, but auctions that dealers go to to buy cars for their used car lots. Only 1 Sky has run through the lanes nationwide as of today, and it went for $28,000. All I know is that it was automatic and had under 100 miles on it. If the Sky is running through a dealer wholesale auction at $28,000, can't imagine what it is worth retail.

I am not saying I am selling my Sky, but is nice to be able to drive a car basically for free!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
12 Posts
It won't last though, this is only because the Sky is short in supply. I went through the same thing with my PT Cruiser. Had to wait 9 months to take delivery because I refused to pay over MSRP. Now that the supply has overstepped the demand and the excitement of it died down, you can get PT cruisers for practically nothing. I hope I'm wrong about this because I'm waiting for the redline model to hit the market and frankly I'm tired of buying cars that rapidly decline in value. It seems the only ones that don't are corvettes, Mercedes, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Decline?

snowtop57 said:
It won't last though, this is only because the Sky is short in supply. I went through the same thing with my PT Cruiser. Had to wait 9 months to take delivery because I refused to pay over MSRP. Now that the supply has overstepped the demand and the excitement of it died down, you can get PT cruisers for practically nothing. I hope I'm wrong about this because I'm waiting for the redline model to hit the market and frankly I'm tired of buying cars that rapidly decline in value. It seems the only ones that don't are corvettes, Mercedes, etc.
I would seem to me that a rapid decline back to MSRP is a good thing. I don't think I have see anyone suggesting yet that any Sky woudl have to be sold at under MSRP just to get rid of it. Even when supply does begin to equal demand then it may be time for marketing to increase demand. And I for one would not mind if the value did not increase dramatically in the near future - easier to repair/replace/insure if the value does not jump to 2 or 3 times the original MSRP.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it is still worth over $20,000 in 3 years, I'll be happy!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Like I have said from the begining when I first saw the sky over 1 year ago, what ever it cost, I want one. When a girl sees a car she wants she has to have it...:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Stu's Sky said:
If it is still worth over $20,000 in 3 years, I'll be happy!!
If there building them at the same rate and they are still as popular, anything is possible. I hope they would be, of course in Canadian currency it is more possible.:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
My salesman said the one that just went through auction had cloth seats and few if any options. Maybe that is the premium for the automatic since they are in even shorter supply.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It ran in an auction in TN, if that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts