Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a redline on order.. just wondering if any of you think the resale on the base sky is goin to be good when it comes time to get the redline? or am i gonna take a hit? im still up in the air if i should get it or not...

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
YellowSky said:
i have a redline on order.. just wondering if any of you think the resale on the base sky is goin to be good when it comes time to get the redline? or am i gonna take a hit? im still up in the air if i should get it or not...

Not fair, you are selling your before I even get mine!!!:banghead:

I don't think you would take a very big hit if you sold it. There are still a lot of people waiting for a Sky.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Ernest said:
If you sell it privately, you will make out just fine I am sure:thumbs: I have been approached by customers at my dealer about selling mine when they find out I have a R/L coming.
I know you are not even thinking about it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Solstice for sale

YellowSky said:
If this is any indication of what a used Kappa car will bring, I saw this one on a lot today in Cincinnati for $28,900. It had AC, leather, six CD, 5 speed, chrome wheels with 1200 miles. I know this Solstice did not sell for that much new.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think you'll break even, but thats better than you think...when you look at the taxes you paid, etc the "break even" is above MSRP. If you live in a warm weather climate you can probably get that number through January. Cold weather climate and I'd make darn sure I tried selling by mid-September.

·
Registered
354 Posts
A yellow sky just went for $ 31 k on ebay item # 120014105829

·
Registered
653 Posts
skyfan said:
If this is any indication of what a used Kappa car will bring, I saw this one on a lot today in Cincinnati for $28,900. It had AC, leather, six CD, 5 speed, chrome wheels with 1200 miles. I know this Solstice did not sell for that much new.
Not to get off topic too badly, but I see your in Cincinnati. Where abouts? My wife and I have only seen one SKY (a sliver one) in Cincy so far. We live up in West Chester, so we're mostly around the north side.

I would assume that the base SKYs resale value will stay pretty high until things get to the point where people can actually walk into the show room and buy one on the spot. There are always 'impulse buyers' in the world who will not want to wait in line. I bet if you try to sell it on Ebay or Autotrader, you'd have no problem getting your money back.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Me too

I also have a R/L on order. I have somebody who wants to buy my Sky when the R/L comes in. I will sell it for what I paid for it. However, if the dealer does a trade-in for MSRP the sales tax savings is well worth the trading in. Unbelievable, when can you drive a car for 6 months and sell it for what you paid for it!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
140 Posts
SunneySky said:
I also have a R/L on order. I have somebody who wants to buy my Sky when the R/L comes in. I will sell it for what I paid for it. However, if the dealer does a trade-in for MSRP the sales tax savings is well worth the trading in. Unbelievable, when can you drive a car for 6 months and sell it for what you paid for it!!:thumbs:
I am in the same situation. I agree with the sales tax savings. I will try a trade in first and then will go from there. Still trying to fing out the color and equipment on the dealers first R/L.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yeah compared to most any other car on the road for resale value you'll do great, and if you take a little bit of a "hit" (like sell for 95% of what you paid) you still paid next to nothing for a hot summer ride.

I'd think you shouldn't set your price any less than what you paid (minus taxes) if you go for private resale.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts