Saturn Sky Forum banner

Will you wait for the Sky?

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering with the release of the Solstice now within sight how many of you are going to hold out for the Sky?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Chip said:
I was wondering with the release of the Solstice now within sight how many of you are going to hold out for the Sky?
If I can fit in either the Solstice or Sky (and it'll hold 2 small sunday golf bags), then I will definitely hold out for the SKY - mainly cause I like it's edgier styling.
OTOH, if it were my wife's decision, it'd be the Solstice..
But I wear the roadster pants in our family :D :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will definately wait for the Sky. Mainly cause I have to save up the money to get it, but I like the styling a lot better. And you can't beatthe customer service at Saturn. I do want to check out the Solstice when it comes out though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm in the exact opposite postion. I want the Solstice, but I would like a chance to drive a production Sky before making a final decision. Can I afford to buy a Solstice and NOT wait for the Sky to be produced? My goal is to hold off until I can drive a Sky. Then I'll know which car I truly want to own.

And I didn't vote in the poll since it wouldn't be fair.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I want to wait for the sky, as i also have to save up the money..., i will drive the soltsice when it comes out, just so i can get an idea of handling and all.., my main concern with the sky is the trunk space..., doesnt sound like alot of space..., trying to bail for the weekend with the girlfreind..., where to put everything..., she likes the mini cooper convertible..., she thinks its "cute"...,I just cant drive a car thats CUTE!!!!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm holding out for the FI version of a kappa car with the trunk/top issues redesigned/band-aided anyway, so in that sense the earlier release of the Solstice causes no extra waiting.

·
Registered
432 Posts
On paper/pictures I like the SKY better, even better if they would opt to put the Opel center brake light, but I need to see both cars in person to finally make up my mind. So for now I am going to vote yes but with reservations.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since I usually only keep a car for two years or so, I will get the Solstice when they come out, then hopefully the Sky RL will be available in spring of 07 as the replacement to the Solstice. :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Q-Sky I must warn you....... I think the solstice and the sky are both cute, thats why I want to buy one of them :) Hope that didn't spoil your fun of wanting a sky :D but it is soooooooooo cute well I think the Audi TT is cute but the sky is much cheaper.........

·
Registered
245 Posts
definately holding out for the sky, it has way better body styling.. I like the hard front end, not rounded like the solstice, and I'm in love with those taillights... althought dual exhaust would be better :rolleyes:

·
Registered
432 Posts
101jinx101 said:
definately holding out for the sky, it has way better body styling.. I like the hard front end, not rounded like the solstice, and I'm in love with those taillights... althought dual exhaust would be better :rolleyes:
If you like those tail lights, then look at the Opel tail lights, these are the ones I wish Saturn would use instead of what the SKY has today.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
It will likely be a couple years before I buy the Sky, since the wife now wants the RL version if they come-out and I also don't buy first model year cars (especially on an entirely new platform). That said, I'll be at the local Pontiac dealer when the Solstice comes out so I can see how the car drives. The wife loved the styling of the RX-8, but when we went to test drive it it was a dog and she no longer wanted it. Didn't produce any power until 7000 RPM. She's gotten spoiled with a twin turbo Dodge Stealth. :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
I actually like the Sky tail lights better... maybe its just the pictures, but they just have something about them that appeals to me...

Gwurst,
you bought your wife a TT stealth?? ... Will you marry me? :rolleyes: LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
101jinx101 said:
I actually like the Sky tail lights better... maybe its just the pictures, but they just have something about them that appeals to me...

Gwurst,
you bought your wife a TT stealth?? ... Will you marry me? :rolleyes: LOL
It was only fair, since I had a '95 3000GT VR4. The Stealth is the same car with a Dodge badge, so for awhile we had matching black cars. I sold the VR4 last year for a black '99 Corvette convertible (I have a thing for black cars). The wife had a '97 Saturn SC2 before the Stealth, and she loved the car and hoped to buy another one some day. Until the Sky was announced, she thought that day might never come since she hates the Ion.

http://web.miamisburg.k12.oh.us/images/new/vette/

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone know what type of warranty Saturn offers on their new cars? I am curious. We all know that first year cars always have more problems so what will the factory cover? It seems though that GM has gotten better quality wise so hopefully there won't be too many problems, at least nothing major.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts