Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to let all know in Mass about a Rip off Dealer, (Gallo) Saturn of Worcester..

They are charging like $5000 over MSRP.. Stickers on the cars have been saying $24,000. They are also charging for a paint protection package,which they said is required as part of the deal.

I'm picking up a Chili Pepper Red Sky tomorrow at Saturn of North Darmouth, MA and they are just charging sticker and has been a great dealership to deal with on my purchase. They are charging me $26,000. Comes with Monsoon sound, limited slip, rear deck spoiler and crome wheels. Will be adding air intake..

I thought Saturn was no haggle pricing lol.. So all in Mass and RI or even CT or NH go to Saturn of North Dartmouth, MA and ask for Rick..

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It is no-haggle pricing...you pay $5000 over MSRP and all the other extras at the one dealership or you don't..... :confused:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
As I've said in other posts. This is not a good thing. Saturn is supposted to be a no haggle way to shop. But with the Sky, if you don't like the price go to another dealership and see what they are selling the Sky at. You shouldn't have to shop around to buy a Saturn.

If you are unhappy with the pricing policy at a dealership. Let Saturn Customer Service know. They may not be able to tell a dealership how much to sell a Sky for, but, Saturn does set allocations. The dealerships that are ripping people off may find their allocations cut drasticallly. Or perhaps they won't get any redlines!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I am not so sure Saturn can punish a dealer for selling Saturn's for an increased price over MSRP. That could result in some serious anti-trust charges. Moreover, such an action likely violates the Dealer/Franchise Agreement between Saturn and the dealer as well.

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
I don't believe it is in violation of any anti-trust laws. Theoretically Saturn dealerships are not supposed to be in competition with one another. The whole Saturn experiance, as I understood it, was that if you went to Saturn dealer #1 and looked at an SC2 with certain options then went to Saturn dealer #2 and saw the same car with the same options it would be the same price...and neither dealer would haggle from there.

There wasn't supposed to be any of this BS markup stuff like you're seeing with the Sky.

Now, if you had Chevy, Ford, and all the rest of the dealers in an area saying we're all going to mark up our cars $1,000...now you have an anti-trust issue. Think about it...if you go to Wal Mart A and buy colgate toothpaste does Wal Mart B have a differnet price for that same product? Sure Vons may have it for more or less but there is nothing illegal about Wal Mart saying we're going to sell this product for this much at all their stores in a local region.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I believe you are incorrect. First, Walmarts are all COMPANY owned. Saturn dealerships are not. Actually, Walmarts in different places DO have different prices. Walmart adjusts prices based on local competition.

A manufacturer CANNOT tell a dealer how much to sell a car for at the dealership. That is not permitted under the law. A MINIMUM price can be set as well as a "recommended" price. However, a manufacturer cannot tell the dealer that it cannot sell any vehicle for more than the "recommended" price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts