Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RK Sport is proud to announce that we are in the process of becoming an official vendor for this forum!! Thanks Brentil!

We have several new products that will be released within the next 90 days and have posted them to our website with pre-sale pricing!

Our pre-sale runs it's course until the product is ready to ship, then at that time the price goes back to regular list price.

Come over to our website at www.rksport.com we have a nice gallery of our Sky right on the front page or you can visit: http://www.rksport.com/main/catalog_detail.asp?mdid=47&catid=4&appid=332
to purchase Sky products.

RC

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
pretty cool stuff!

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Yup, totally agree YS, now that looks like a functional spoiler--:thumbs: I need to russle around that site little bity more--

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice stuff!

Very nice indeed!
Impressive!
and the prize is right!? anybody have comment on that?

The spoiler gets better and better each time I compared it to the original one

So tell me guys and girls!!! How hard is it to install the ground effects package? :)
Unfortantly myself have 5 thumbs:banghead:

How much would it cost to have professionals take care of it for you?

This monday on the 13th my Chili Pepper Red SKY will be built according to my dealer in Alexandria! Finally! :thumbs:

Chili Pepper Red
Tan top and interior
19' TSW Kyalami Chrome
LSD
Monsoon upgrade

MOMO Italy racing interior
OPEL badged and rigged

Missing:
RKSport ground effects and spoiler
Gravana Lambo door kit
Wind restrictor

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
RK Sport is proud to announce that we are in the process of becoming an official vendor for this forum!! Thanks Brentil!

We have several new products that will be released within the next 90 days and have posted them to our website with pre-sale pricing!

Our pre-sale runs it's course until the product is ready to ship, then at that time the price goes back to regular list price.

Come over to our website at www.rksport.com we have a nice gallery of our Sky right on the front page or you can visit: http://www.rksport.com/main/catalog_detail.asp?mdid=47&catid=4&appid=332
to purchase Sky products.

RC
Is there are actual advantage to the front valence on a Redline such as increased air flow? Also, a) what is the hood made from, b) what does it weight, and c) does the hood help vent air without letting in water?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Is there are actual advantage to the front valence on a Redline such as increased air flow? Also, a) what is the hood made from, b) what does it weight, and c) does the hood help vent air without letting in water?
just look hood is 65LBs hand laid fiberglass

redline front has the ducts that channel air to the front brakes for cooling..

·
Registered
239 Posts
I seen this car in person at SEMA and out of all the sky's I seen there, this one was my favorite.
The hood was made of fiberglass and the middle section (Ram Air) was carbon fiber same goes for the rear spoiler top was carbon fiber and the bottom half was fiberglass or at least it looked like it to me since it was painted. The sides and front were Polyurethane and these are held in place with a few bolts and some 3M tape (easy to install). The rear exhaust was full carbon fiber.

I was involved in the manufacturing of fiberglass body kits and I can tell you that this price is great when you consider the types of materials that are being used. Polyurethane is the best thing you can use on a bodykit since it wont crack like fiberglass will during impact with the road. I wouldn't recommend a fiberglass bodykit to anybody who is putting it on a daily driver but a polyurethane kit will work out great. Fiberglass/carbon fiber hood and spoiler are not exposed to the same kind of road impacts that the sides and front are exposed to so that works out great also.

Just my 2 cents

Marco
:cheers:

·
Registered
637 Posts
cool stuff...I'll look forward to seeing some of it in person.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just bought the front bumper piece on their website :cool: I had already bought the sides a few months ago (same sides used on the solstice body kit) since I figured that they would fit and look good and I was right :D
From the looks of it they should fit the redline also :thumbs:

Marco

·
Registered
239 Posts
You have to take these to your own paintshop to get painted.

Are the different sky colors options?

Is there any difference for these on the RL Sky? Should there be?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yep, you folks are getting it right the first time. Nice opening to a great realationship going on here. Great Job!:thumbs:

·
Registered
100 Posts
does the spoiler use the same mounting holes as the stock spoiler?

How does a paintshop match the colors to the Sky. (How would I get this before I have recieved the sky, so I can install in right away?)

·
Registered
637 Posts
I just bought the front bumper piece on their website :cool: I had already bought the sides a few months ago (same sides used on the solstice body kit) since I figured that they would fit and look good and I was right :D
From the looks of it they should fit the redline also :thumbs:

Marco
YO!!! HOW ABOUT SOME PICTURES???!!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
does the spoiler use the same mounting holes as the stock spoiler?

How does a paintshop match the colors to the Sky. (How would I get this before I have recieved the sky, so I can install in right away?)

Yes, our spoiler uses the factory mounting holes!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought the front valence, and a family member is buying me the spoiler for christmas.....now i just need the car, which hopefully will arrive early spring........until then I can just hold the front valence out in front with both hands ,tie the rear spoiler to my backside and then run screaming through my community.:willy:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining us.

Positive good looking pictures.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought the front valence, and a family member is buying me the spoiler for christmas.....now i just need the car, which hopefully will arrive early spring........until then I can just hold the front valence out in front with both hands ,tie the rear spoiler to my backside and then run screaming through my community.:willy:

We enjoy your enthusiasm!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts