Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me yesterday that the 40/60 RL-to-base sky build mix is now 1/10. Anyone have any new info?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
jnag698 said:
My dealer told me yesterday that the 40/60 RL-to-base sky build mix is now 1/10. Anyone have any new info?
It will be 4 in 10 after ramp up production. They built I think 21 Red Lines last week 8/07 to 8/12 .

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
During ramp up build numbers don't reflect the eventual desired post build percentages. Once they've got everything going it'll be closer to the values estimated for long term production.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.

Icertainly don't want to wait for 2 years. I'm 2nd at one dealership and 3rd at another in southern Ohio

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
brentil said:
During ramp up build numbers don't reflect the eventual desired post build percentages. Once they've got everything going it'll be closer to the values estimated for long term production.
Thanks brentil, Sometimes I post without the full explaination because I assume every one knows what I'm talking about like with ramp up. Thaks for covering my butt.keep it up .

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ramp Up?

Anyone know when they plan to start the ramp up? No.1 on one list and 3 on two others.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
wireless said:
Anyone know when they plan to start the ramp up? No.1 on one list and 3 on two others.
Ramp up is going on now. Started last week. It could be for 1 month or could last for several with a increase usually every month.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Hello, deluke is correct there is no telling how long the ramp-up takes. I work for a tier one automotive supplier and have seen PPAP/Production ramp process run everything from a couple weeks to 6 months. The average is probably about 4 to 6 weeks but is very dependent on all the suppliers doing everything on time.

Best bet is that it will take as long as it takes:banghead: regardless of how much we want it to speed along

·
Registered
653 Posts
jnag698 said:
Icertainly don't want to wait for 2 years. I'm 2nd at one dealership and 3rd at another in southern Ohio
Hey there! We're in southern Ohio as well, #2 on the RL list at Saturn of King's Auto Mall. Where are you at in S OH?

From everything I've heard so far, being #2 on the list, we're hoping to get our car sometime in early November (hopefully at the latest), but we'll see how it goes. Would be great to get it before then. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
They way I feel, if I can't have it now I don't want it until the spring. Lot of good a roadster is going to do me in the NY winter. By then they'll hopefully have most of the bugs worked out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Third Shift

Does anyone know if they are running a third shift at the plant? If they are, then they need to increase plant capacity. They won't though because they are afraid that interest will wane in the coming years and orders will level off like they did with the Miata.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Does anyone know if they are running a third shift at the plant? If they are, then they need to increase plant capacity. They won't though because they are afraid that interest will wane in the coming years and orders will level off like they did with the Miata.
The plant is running 24 hours a day. They really are pretty much achieving prodution targets. It only seems longer because we have (or had in my case) wait due to over demand. But they plan to make only 10,000 a year and get their market share

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Orders vs parts

Also, I would imagine that if the plant receives orders in a given week for 100 Red Lines and 90 of the orders are for manual tranny - bu the manual tranny is on back order from the supplier - the production of Red Lines may be off for that week.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I don't think the production is going to be 'off' at all. If there are not enough manual trannies available, then the dealers will not be able to order it. But, if they can't order a manual, they'll just keep going down their lists till they find somebody who wants an auto and order that one instead.

Although, since the manual constraint was back up to 40% this week, I think everything should go smoothly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts