Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it may be a while until the redline is announced, but I thought it may be fun to talk about what we think it will look like. Truthfully, I hope they take the route of the Solstice and only make minor changes to the FE and RE. I hope the black panel will be deeper into the rear of the car then on the base model, more like the vauxhall concept, but still have the same center reverse light with dual exhaust tips. Saturn made the rear black panel near the exhaust, more of a flat panel on the saturn sky base model. I hope they correct that on the redline and made the rear more concave. The other change I hope they will do, is add a fron spoiler to straighten out the lower front end of the sky. I would make it a black color and maybe even paint the bottom portion of the current front airdam black. I would not remove the chrome bars of the current sky, as this adds class. I know I am quite conservative, but I think the current base sky is practically perfect, and I hope they don't decide to put giant air dams on the this thing and mess up the gorgeous car that it is. I think the solstice GXP was excellent. I may have added a front spoiler of a darker color or material so tht it stood out though. The soltice only looks different if you know what your looking for.
Does anyone know if they put "redline" or "RL" on the other redline products? How do they usually badge them? Anyone else have any other ideas? - not what you will do yourself to change the sky, what you think they will do to change the redline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Nemesis said:
I know it may be a while until the redline is announced, but I thought it may be fun to talk about what we think it will look like. Truthfully, I hope they take the route of the Solstice and only make minor changes to the FE and RE. I hope the black panel will be deeper into the rear of the car then on the base model, more like the vauxhall concept, but still have the same center reverse light with dual exhaust tips. Saturn made the rear black panel near the exhaust, more of a flat panel on the saturn sky base model. I hope they correct that on the redline and made the rear more concave. The other change I hope they will do, is add a fron spoiler to straighten out the lower front end of the sky. I would make it a black color and maybe even paint the bottom portion of the current front airdam black. I would not remove the chrome bars of the current sky, as this adds class. I know I am quite conservative, but I think the current base sky is practically perfect, and I hope they don't decide to put giant air dams on the this thing and mess up the gorgeous car that it is. I think the solstice GXP was excellent. I may have added a front spoiler of a darker color or material so tht it stood out though. The soltice only looks different if you know what your looking for.
Does anyone know if they put "redline" or "RL" on the other redline products? How do they usually badge them? Anyone else have any other ideas? - not what you will do yourself to change the sky, what you think they will do to change the redline.
The other redlines that saturn has out only have a chrome square under the car name on the back panel and it has a red line running through the middle of it...
I would like to see a power bulge hood also on the redline with a cold air induction sort of like the ZO6 Corvette... also maybe some areo skirts on the sides with rear wheel flares and a brake cooling scoop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Obviously there is no way to tell for certain until Saturn unveils a redline, but I suspect you will see changes similar to those on the Solstice. Subtle stying differences front and rear for added functionality. The Sol GXP has air openings on the front for improved airflow through an intercooler as well as to duct air to the front brakes. Rear fascia updated to accept a dual outlet exhaust, and of course a subtle lip spoiler to alter airflow down the back of the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Apparently the Redline version of the Vue uses this badge:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
850 Posts
I have not seen anything about Saturn making a Redline version of the Sky. Where are you getting the idea from? They made Redline (performance) versions of the other models to try to increase sales. The Sky is already a performance model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
TexSon said:
I have not seen anything about Saturn making a Redline version of the Sky. Where are you getting the idea from? They made Redline (performance) versions of the other models to try to increase sales. The Sky is already a performance model.
There is a ECOTECH turbo expected in the sky and solstice in 2007 or 2008. This version of the sky is going to be the redline. You can do a search in the other threads.



Personally, I would remove that redline badge off of mine.. I'm not a fan of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
TastyBake said:
There is a ECOTECH turbo expected in the sky and solstice in 2007 or 2008. This version of the sky is going to be the redline. You can do a search in the other threads.



Personally, I would remove that redline badge off of mine.. I'm not a fan of it.
They have showed the new Opel GT, which is a Sky with dual exhaust tips and the Solstice GXP engine.

While you may think of the Sky as a performance model already, it's really down on HP compared to a lot of roadsters other then the Miata. The Redline should make it competitive with the Z4 and the S2000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
It would be nice if the expected SKY Redline would lose the chrome trim, replaced with matt or flat grey as shown on the Opel.



Actually, just put Saturn badges on that Opel for me thanks ;).




I know we all have our own preferences, but chrome looks out of place on a modern style car like the SKY, while it looks at home on the retro styled Soltice.

Regardless, a 260hp turbo 2.0 Ecotec mated to a 6 speed sequential manual transmission would make for a modern and competitive (as far as technological offerings from other makes) package. Don’t forget up-rated suspension and performance brakes Saturn. :thumbs:
5K13.R3DL1N3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
I don't see them changing much with the Redline, the solstice needed more room in the front for the intercooler to breathe. The Sky has adequite openings. I see it looking very similar, with the only noticable change being dual exahust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
1SATURN4NORM said:
It Doesn't Matter What Body Changes They Make...as Long As Its Turbo Or Supercharged!!!
That's the spirit :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good Ideas Everyone, Keep 'em Coming!

I agree with the previous comment, I think we are probably looking at the RL in the photos of the opel. I think the chrome and openings will remain the same (fingers crossed) and we will probably get just the badging (red line throught the chrome square thingy) and the dual exhaust. The only difference I forsee is the rear spoiler on the RL. I don't see the spoiler on the opel. I don't see the brushed aluminum instead of chrome, I think GM will find this to be a tantalizing place to cut corners. Based on the conservative changes to the solstice, I am betting the RL will look just like the opel with a spoiler in he rear. I was hoping for a lower front spoiler, but after looking at the opel, I think they will over look this detail.:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One other thing....

I read that someone thought there may be a 6-speed manual transmission on the GXP. Has anyone confirmed this? I was under the impression that it would be the same 5-speed. A 6-speed would be sweet.:thumbs:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Solstice GXP is a 5-speed, however it has different gearing then the current 5-speed. I defintely don't expect the RL to be any different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
I think the RL will be the exact same car with only a different rear fascia to allow the dual exhaust and the different engine obviously. That being said, I have 2 questions:

Would it make sense to buy/lease a sky this summer than trade it in next summer for the RL

or

Could you just upgrade your "regular" sky after the parts become available. So basically ask saturn to make yours duel exhaust and change out the engine (pay for it of course:). Could it be that easy to have your cake and eat it too (just a little later>?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Oh yeah,

with option #2 you won't get the RL logo...I suppose you could buy it if you wanted to though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
foolintherain76 said:
I think the RL will be the exact same car with only a different rear fascia to allow the dual exhaust and the different engine obviously. That being said, I have 2 questions:

Would it make sense to buy/lease a sky this summer than trade it in next summer for the RL

or

Could you just upgrade your "regular" sky after the parts become available. So basically ask saturn to make yours duel exhaust and change out the engine (pay for it of course:). Could it be that easy to have your cake and eat it too (just a little later>?)
Dealers won't do engine swaps though... most dealers won't intall after market parts or parts from other cars.... if it's not an option on the car you have usually you can't go through a dealer to get it.... there are exceptions like alarm systems but most things they won't touch
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top