Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had conversation with "on line" rep. Provided some info on the Sky RL
1)Allocations for the standard sky and the redline are seperate. The dealer will receive seperate allocations for the RL. These have not been assigned.
2)The Sky redline will be a seperate model not an option for the standard Sky. Don't know about pricing, speculation on this forum is 28-30k depending on options.
Just figured I'd share this info, remember the sourse

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Dond said:
Just had conversation with "on line" rep. Provided some info on the Sky RL
1)Allocations for the standard sky and the redline are seperate. The dealer will receive seperate allocations for the RL. These have not been assigned.
2)The Sky redline will be a seperate model not an option for the standard Sky. Don't know about pricing, speculation on this forum is 28-30k depending on options.
Just figured I'd share this info, remember the sourse
This makes more sence then how everyone was saying it was going to be done. Just like the GXP is being handled. If this person knew what they were talking about. That's not alway's the case.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
deluke said:
This makes more sence then how everyone was saying it was going to be done. Just like the GXP is being handled. If this person knew what they were talking about. That's not alway's the case.
Well...

I don't claim to know it all but the info I passed on was the one given to us (me) at the last IDL GM Training (GM Satellite Training) which mentioned the RedLine SKY as an "OPTION" and not as a separate model. I do agree it would make more sense to treat the R/L as a seperate model so we'll see.

They keep telling us that the split will be 60% Regular SKY / 40% RedLine. I guess as time goes by we will know for sure how they will decide to do things... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
SKY Spy said:
Well...

I don't claim to know it all but the info I passed on was the one given to us (me) at the last IDL GM Training (GM Satellite Training) which mentioned the RedLine SKY as an "OPTION" and not as a separate model. I do agree it would make more sense to treat the R/L as a seperate model so we'll see.

They keep telling us that the split will be 60% Regular SKY / 40% RedLine. I guess as time goes by we will know for sure how they will decide to do things... :thumbs:

Regards,

Also... when one looks at the sheet *Can't Think of it's name now*... the Base and RL are in twho different columns... it is not a line item. Which to me shouts out seperate.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SKY Spy said:
Well...

Regards,

That's what I'm saying Sky Spy, I believe you over someone on the phone ( probably one of there farmed out customer service people ) who probably doesn't really know what they are talking about.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
We just have to wait and see if what GM told us holds any water. I hate when there is such little information available. :brentil:

I still agree with most that it makes more sense to treat it as a separate model allocation and NOT an option, only time will tell... :eek:

Regards,

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
How do they treat the Vue Redline vs the "regular" Vue or the Ion Redline vs the "regular" Ion. Do they have a separate allocation? In theory that should tell us how they will treat the Sky Redline vs the "regular" Sky. :confused:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
SKY Spy said:
Well...

Regards,

Those online chat sessions are worthless based on my experience.:lol: :lol: But it is good to share everything! Thanks for your help SKYSPY!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
:D Reads like old times again eh Sky Spy? I seem to remember similiar situations and of course anticipation anxieties already building like in the early days before the first ever SKY were released. Get ready for the ride, break out the anti-anxiety medications, the wait for the R/L is about to begin, so hold on to your ticket stubs, and let the madness begin.:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Redline Allocation

Has anyone found out if there are to be separate allocations for the Redline?
I just got off the phone w/our Dealerships SM who places the orders ...and he tells me that they are NOT.:brentil: ..and that it is an option and when he gets the image with that option listed he'll put the order in...... and now that we thought we were 1st in line for a Redline...in theory its really not true!

...we are now number 20...or whatever number in the Sky ordering process!!!...:banghead:

I've gotten so many different opnions...

Our salesman said YES they will be separate.
One SM at a dealership told me YES they will be separate when I called today.
The Chat Service Rep at Saturn said YES it is not an Option
Our SM said No...and one other dealership has to check out the info and get back to me.
Talked with Saturn customer service via phone and she didn't have any info just refered me to my SM! :banghead:

You would figure...if you can get the brouchure (online ) see spec and price sheets...you could also get the allocation information or at least the dealership would have it or someone!....:mad:

If we end up being number 21 on the waiting list...we might have to re-think maybe going somewhere else...with a shorter waiting list? :deadhorse

Help Guys! We don't mind waiting...but gee whiz...over a year?

Thanks
Ann

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I think the real answer is depends on location. Canada is treating it like an option I believe and the USA is allocation based.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
brentil said:
I think the real answer is depends on location. Canada is treating it like an option I believe and the USA is allocation based.
Your talking about the Solstice GXP am I correct brentil ? Because the Red Line is an option in the US. But I don't know why they are options not seperate allocation.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My Dealer told me the same thing..... that it is an option and when he gets the image with that option listed he'll put the order in. He has about 6 more skys he can order before the end of the Year and he believes some of these will be redlines.

I don't know what to believe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts