Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that guy who didnt like the water sopts on his RL has it on ebay, current bid
is 35,600 by saturn bealer in AZ......1+ hour left

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
How did the Sol GXP land 41k? I guess the first one listed had some hungry buyers.

If you noticed the redline went to a dealership, makes sense so they have something on the lot* for people to look at and test drive.

*Sticker on it will probably be 40k +

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
How did the Sol GXP land 41k? I guess the first one listed had some hungry buyers.

If you noticed the redline went to a dealership, makes sense so they have something on the lot* for people to look at and test drive.

*Sticker on it will probably be 40k +
The GXP landed it because it's a great looking car. Does this surprize you ? I keep saying that all people don't prefer the Sky like some of you think . It's personal taste ! :) :)

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
that guy who didnt like the water sopts on his RL has it on ebay, current bid
is 35,600 by saturn bealer in AZ......1+ hour left
SOLD!! I told him he had a dealer choppin on the bit on the other thread--He made couple of grand on this deal to, if not more--

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The GXP landed it because it's a great looking car. Does this surprize you ? I keep saying that all people don't prefer the Sky like some of you think . It's personal taste ! :) :)
Yeah, money does talk deluke! :)

I guess im not surprised as much as curious since there is another GXP on ebay now for 31K Buy-it-now... I wonder how fast the lookers at the 41k auction will jump on this one.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Yeah, money does talk deluke! :)

I guess im not surprised as much as curious since there is another GXP on ebay now for 31K Buy-it-now... I wonder how fast the lookers at the 41k auction will jump on this one.
It will be interesting. I would of thought they both would of went for about the same price.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was not happy to see the Sky go. I had gotten used to looking at it and some of the differences between it and the standard model, that I didn't care for at first, began to grow on me. However, I would never like the tiny 2 litre engine. Normal driving is not the same for everyone. Hot foots who are always into the turbo boost might find it "peppy", but to a conservative driver like myself, I found it down right sluggish. When the AC comes on the tiny 4 struggles to make it up an overpass..unless you gun it. Compared to the instant torque and power of big V-8's, that I am accustomed too, this car is not fast. I think 260 hp is a made up figure. I know it can't compare to the 400hp I had in my last C-6 Vette, but I'd put an '87 corvette with only 240 HP (If I remember right) against it any day of the week..the turbo wouldn't stand a chance. In normal driving the Sky 177hp feels like it has more power. It also has a much better ride. The RL jolts you with bumps that are invisable until you hit them. It makes a smooth road into a rough one. I have never seen so many wheel weights on any car as on the RL wheels. The Good Year performance tires must be terribly out of balance. The turbo engine also makes the front end of the car feel heavy...no more near 50-50 balance.

True, I made some money on the car, but had I to do it again, I would never have ordered it. For all the owners of the standard Sky..be happy, you are not missing much !!

Richard

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I was not happy to see the Sky go. I had gotten used to looking at it and some of the differences between it and the standard model, that I didn't care for at first, began to grow on me. However, I would never like the tiny 2 litre engine. Normal driving is not the same for everyone. Hot foots who are always into the turbo boost might find it "peppy", but to a conservative driver like myself, I found it down right sluggish. When the AC comes on the tiny 4 struggles to make it up an overpass..unless you gun it. Compared to the instant torque and power of big V-8's, that I am accustomed too, this car is not fast. I think 260 hp is a made up figure. I know it can't compare to the 400hp I had in my last C-6 Vette, but I'd put an '87 corvette with only 240 HP (If I remember right) against it any day of the week..the turbo wouldn't stand a chance. In normal driving the Sky 177hp feels like it has more power. It also has a much better ride. The RL jolts you with bumps that are invisable until you hit them. It makes a smooth road into a rough one. I have never seen so many wheel weights on any car as on the RL wheels. The Good Year performance tires must be terribly out of balance. The turbo engine also makes the front end of the car feel heavy...no more near 50-50 balance.

True, I made some money on the car, but had I to do it again, I would never have ordered it. For all the owners of the standard Sky..be happy, you are not missing much !!

Richard
No need to worry any more, it will gone from your driveway very soon, it's a shame I didn't have $32K to buy it from you!!! :banghead:

Regards,

BA... :thumbs:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Yes i agree, some people like thier food plain. While others like to add a dash of pepper. The redline, well thats the whole shaker IMO. :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
LMAO! I have some lil ole 1.9'r Saturns that will have alot of fun w/ 405hp Z06's! One of my sales men just bought a 405hp Z06 and is still trying to keep up w/ some of the 1.9'rs....

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

Richard
Your the first one I heard say anything negative about the performance of the GXP or the Red Line. It must be you. Maybe because you have driven a 400 hp. But one of the GXP owners has a 400 hp vette and still praises the performance of the GXP. But if it wasn't for you you did the right thing I guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts