Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys thing any of the problems mentioned in the problems list will be addressed and fixed for the redline?

·
Registered
325 Posts
like what?

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
WAFB33 said:
Do you guys thing any of the problems mentioned in the problems list will be addressed and fixed for the redline?
Yikes! The title of this thread scared me!
:eek:

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'd rather hope that they have found solutions and addressed some of the minor issues and do two things:
- Produce a more robust LSD rearend eliminating the leak and whine complaints.
- Voluntarily retro fit the Sky's which currently are experiencing issues with these.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
StarlightSky said:
I'd rather hope that they have found solutions and addressed some of the minor issues and do two things:
- Produce a more robust LSD rearend eliminating the leak and whine complaints.
- Voluntarily retro fit the Sky's which currently are experiencing issues with these.
I certainly think they do. They are constantly looking at problems and seeing to address them in later production cars. This is not at all uncommon for first-year cars, and part of what makes the ownership so... interesting.

As for retrofits, if your car has any of these problems, they will be addressed as warranty repairs. I have not heard of a single issue, ever, where the dealer did not go out of their way to fix the problem and make it right. At least not yet.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The rear end problem is associated with that part, not the SKy. A small fraction of the CTS Caddys have the same problem because they use the same rear end. It's just a design flaw that inherently can be a problem for a few cars, it has nothing to do with the rear end being too small or not up to spec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts