Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) My dealer tells me he got thier first RL in. Took 17 days from broadcast (3400) to shipping. (Less than 50 miles from plant, so final delivery added basically nothing to time)
2) Poster on this board indicates in signature that it took 13 days for his to go from 3400 to shipping
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9218

Many had speculated how the QA/Testing process would be once RLs kicked in again... would it be an extensive amount of time?..

Well, I guess we have our answer, they are cranking them out of there fast... Build, QA, and Ship in around 2 weeks is MUCHO GRANDE!!!

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Good luck bud, i hope it arrives soon. It's about time so other folks in the area got a RedLine. Been waiting for a drive. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Still waiting in Tulsa, OK

:banghead:
Guess I should of moved close to Delaware, big advantage living close to the plant, BIG :cool:
Mine R/L built October 9th is still in Oklahoma City bayed at 4B00, that is the code for 10/23/2006, just hope its sitting indoors. So close but so far away its 3:00pm in the afternoon and no call from the dealer :rolleyes:
Another day passes by :willy:

TulsaSky
:D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
:banghead:
Guess I should of moved close to Delaware, big advantage living close to the plant, BIG :cool:
Mine R/L built October 9th is still in Oklahoma City bayed at 4B00, that is the code for 10/23/2006, just hope its sitting indoors. So close but so far away its 3:00pm in the afternoon and no call from the dealer :rolleyes:
Another day passes by :willy:

TulsaSky
Have you tried contacting Jack Cooper Transport in OK City, they might could tell you when it is being delivered, have the VIN number handy!! Jack Cooper handles Texas & Oklahoma:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
1) My dealer tells me he got thier first RL in. Took 17 days from broadcast (3400) to shipping. (Less than 50 miles from plant, so final delivery added basically nothing to time)
2) Poster on this board indicates in signature that it took 13 days for his to go from 3400 to shipping

Many had speculated how the QA/Testing process would be once RLs kicked in again... would it be an extensive amount of time?..

Well, I guess we have our answer, they are cranking them out of there fast... Build, QA, and Ship in around 2 weeks is MUCHO GRANDE!!!
For some reason the GXP's aren't going as fast as the Red Lines. Or it doesn't seem that way.

They really thought QC would take a long dime but it isn't.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Have you tried contacting Jack Cooper Transport in OK City, they might could tell you when it is being delivered, have the VIN number handy!! Jack Cooper handles Texas & Oklahoma:thumbs:
:agree: :agree:

If you can't get info Ernest and I know someone who probably can.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Latest News

:willy:
Stopped at my favorite Saturn Dealer this afternoon and the latest is that Monday it should make that long trip 3-hours to Tulsa, Ok form Oklahoma City. Planning on picking it up Tuesday, still have to wait on that CALL.
I started to mention the Jackie Cooper Transit, but being it was Saturday and the last big car show for the Tuesday gathering was TODAY and no R/L sky to show, does not matter to me now when I get it. All summer bragging about my car and no one will see it until Spring-March. At least in Oklahoma I can drive it most of the winter but no car shows till spring to show her off at :driving: Take you time Saturn no hurry now it will be maybe once a week to work car. Most days will be top up to work and that sunny drive home at dusk, daylight saving time starts today :eek:
I guess its like getting a new bicycle for Christmas and you can't ride it till spring, should of got it for my Birthday in April. Just have lost all the thrill, still want the car don't get me wrong, but the Wahoo is gone :rolleyes:

TulsaSky

·
Registered
991 Posts
:agree: :agree:

If you can't get info Ernest and I know someone who probably can.
Deluke,
Do you know or of someone that can help me find out the train box car number and Truck transport name for me. My salesguy does not have a clue on this one. I do know it will go by train to Chicago and then by truck transport to my dealer in Appleton, WI. Any direction or help would be great. By the way I did all the paper work today, tax, title , loan stuff, so all I have to do is yank the keys out of salesmans hands when it gets to me:D

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Build, QA, and Ship in around 2 weeks is MUCHO GRANDE!!!
It is very big??? I think you mean "muy rapido"...very fast, like the Redline itself

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Deluke,
Do you know or of someone that can help me find out the train box car number and Truck transport name for me. My salesguy does not have a clue on this one. I do know it will go by train to Chicago and then by truck transport to my dealer in Appleton, WI. Any direction or help would be great. By the way I did all the paper work today, tax, title , loan stuff, so all I have to do is yank the keys out of salesmans hands when it gets to me:D
You have to have your Sales Manager call DBC ( Dealer Buiness Center ) and get the rail car number. DON"T go to your Salesman, they can't do it. You have to go to the General Manager or Sales Manager. Let me know if he won't get it for you. Then I will try something else.

Then you go here and track:

http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp

·
Registered
746 Posts
Quick

Things are going quicker I was told on the 23rd I was at 3400 and by Saturday 28th I was built and shipped. Dealer expects it will be here tomorrow Monday 30th. 7 days from broadcast to delivery.

SWEEEET!!!

:willy: Blue:willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Things are going quicker I was told on the 23rd I was at 3400 and by Saturday 28th I was built and shipped. Dealer expects it will be here tomorrow Monday 30th. 7 days from broadcast to delivery.

SWEEEET!!!

:willy: Blue:willy:
Wow!! That's amazing! So you are certain it hit 3400 on the 28th exactly, or thats when you found out about it?? (I know its a stupid question, but that just seems too fast!!)

I hit 3400 TWO days after you... simple math implies I could see my car this upcoming week?!?!?! Man, I hope its this week!!

I am repeating myself, but in an ultimate case of bad timing... The two most exciting things for me this year are taking the family to Florida, and getting my Sky RL. I've been concerned about it for a while, thought I was in the clear (thinking car comes a little later), but man it really seems like my car will arrive while I am on vacation Nov 4-11!!!!!

AArrghh.. I really dont want my new car hanging around the dealership for week!!!!! I want it in this week so that I can tuck it away safely, far away from the hands of dealership traffic!

·
Registered
388 Posts
RL's being spit out

Everything goes great with Caramel"

Just $#!*& AWESOME....saturn is now cranking out RL's like two screwing rabbits on FERTILITY DRUGS ........WHOOO HOOOO

Silver Graphite RL
5- speed
6 CD Monsoon
Red leather
Spoiler
Next up on my dealer allocation.....AKA....(Seat height adjuster INCLUDED IN PACKAGE) !! :thumbs:

:deadhorse

·
Registered
197 Posts
Rabbit!!!!!!

Just $#!*& AWESOME....saturn is now cranking out RL's like two screwing rabbits on FERTILITY DRUGS ........WHOOO HOOOO

Silver Graphite RL
5- speed
6 CD Monsoon
Red leather
Spoiler
Next up on my dealer allocation.....AKA....(Seat height adjuster INCLUDED IN PACKAGE) !! :thumbs:

Gonna shoot dem rabbits and have a barbaque!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wabbits!!!!!!

Silver Graphite RL
5- speed
6 CD Monsoon
Red leather
Spoiler

Gonna shoot dem rabbits and have a barbaque!!! Couple of down pymts and #1 @ Dealer, #3 & 4 at others. None will give me a prelim # or or haven't gotten a redline allocation! Got my double barrel loaded for dem dar wabbits!!!!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Ernest I'm giving the vin number to Gizmo and he is going to see what he could do.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Wow!! That's amazing! So you are certain it hit 3400 on the 28th exactly, or thats when you found out about it?? (I know its a stupid question, but that just seems too fast!!)

I hit 3400 TWO days after you... simple math implies I could see my car this upcoming week?!?!?! Man, I hope its this week!!

I am repeating myself, but in an ultimate case of bad timing... The two most exciting things for me this year are taking the family to Florida, and getting my Sky RL. I've been concerned about it for a while, thought I was in the clear (thinking car comes a little later), but man it really seems like my car will arrive while I am on vacation Nov 4-11!!!!!

AArrghh.. I really dont want my new car hanging around the dealership for week!!!!! I want it in this week so that I can tuck it away safely, far away from the hands of dealership traffic!
3400 was 23rd. It might have been a day earlier but I know I was at 3000 on the 21st.

Blue

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

Mine took 3 days to go from 3800 - 4200 Shipped. It is on its! way! :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts