Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread will track my next big thing happening.
Probably won't happen for a few months.

My rear main seal has been slowly leaking.
It's getting a little worse over time.

I will have to have it replaced eventually.
There's no way in hell I'm doing that repair.

Since the transmission has to be pulled, I'm looking at buying an improved transmission.
I can get one from Xtreme Performance for under $2k: 5L40E Transmission for Sale

A local shop quoted me $1,675, because the turbo has to be pulled in order to pull the transmission (which doesn't sound right to me, but okay).

·
Registered
656 Posts
Are you sure it's the RMS? I've read here and the Solstice forum that the oil cooler has o-rings that commonly fail and leak in the same general area.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure it's the RMS? I've read here and the Solstice forum that the oil cooler has o-rings that commonly fail and leak in the same general area.
Oh ****! I'll try to look at it when I have a chance.
I'm still thinking it's the RMS, because the drips appear to be coming out between the engine and transmission.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Oh ****! I'll try to look at it when I have a chance.
I'm still thinking it's the RMS, because the drips appear to be coming out between the engine and transmission.
Apparently so does the oil cooler leak as well. I haven’t experienced it myself, but I remember reading a few posts describing it. Hopefully someone who has actually dealt with it will come along soon and comment. Try doing some searches on oil cooler leaking o-rings in the mean time on both forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts