Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Solstice seems to be creating quite a stir when it is seen out on the road or parked. Do you think the Sky will be equally noticed?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think people will think we are driving some european super car. I can't wait to explain to everyone what the car is at the gas pump.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well, I don't think "supercar" is quite it, it does not have the presence of a Gallardo or even something like a Jag XKR, but yes, I think people will notice it alot. It is a strikingly beautiful car -- at least the only one I saw.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The first time I saw a Solstice out driving, I almost ran off the road trying to look at it. I saw a lot of people staring at that car....the Sky will get just as much attention. Just the picture of it I have at work draws a crowd! :lol:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
My fear is who will notice the car. Only 10,000 cars manufactured + hot design could equal car stollen. :nono: I may upgrade the security system in the car.

Any of the Solstice owners reading this have an opinion on the security built into the Solstice?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Lets see, I've had my Solstice mistaken for;
  • new corvette offshoot
  • Porsche
  • Lambo
  • Ferrari
  • Aston Martin

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
rick112 said:
My fear is who will notice the car. Only 10,000 cars manufactured + hot design could equal car stollen. :nono: I may upgrade the security system in the car.

Any of the Solstice owners reading this have an opinion on the security built into the Solstice?
Your concern reminds me of the first Rolls Royce I saw -- it was parked top down (convertible) doors open. I asked the owner (who walked out of the store where I was parked.) if he was worried about stealing a car like that. His answer? "No, the fewer the cars there are the smaller the market and the easier to find." Less cars may actually make it safer!:skep:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Your concern reminds me of the first Rolls Royce I saw -- it was parked top down (convertible) doors open. I asked the owner (who walked out of the store where I was parked.) if he was worried about stealing a car like that. His answer? "No, the fewer the cars there are the smaller the market and the easier to find." Less cars may actually make it safer!:skep:
:agree:
hard to hide something that noticable..... and hard to get rid of, unless it is someone that has a private collection it will be like a piece of stolen art work, sure you have it, but who you gonna show it to.....at least untill there are a bunch on the road in your area... and with 9 different colors it will be a while before there are alot of the same color car around to make it inconspicuous...
Just drive it alot so the cops knows who owns it, and if they see someone different driving it they may pull them over LOL

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Hmm.... Sounds Good :skep:

·
Registered
149 Posts
brentil said:
Lets see, I've had my Solstice mistaken for;
  • new corvette offshoot
  • Porsche
  • Lambo
  • Ferrari
  • Aston Martin
See, thats what I'm saying, people might not know what the car is and they automatically think something like a rare euopean sports car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well, maybe - Fella here at work stopped me today and asked if Jaguar or Audi had a new "smaller sports car" called the Solstice." Thus were his toughts.

At least he didn't mistake it for a Miata.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I think I could live with the Sky not getting to much attention, then I wouldn't worry about people being all over it. But in reality I think no matter where you go people will notice this baby:cheers: :cheers: The thing is, don't stop to long keep driving:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
74 Posts
GRinLR said:
Do you think the Sky will be equally noticed?
ABSO-FRIPPIN-LUTELY!! This car is going to get much more attention than the Solstice does!! It's much sleeker and more sporty. I have been reading everyone's posts for the last few weeks in anticipation of ordering my Sky. I went on the list last year as #1 at my dealership on 5/6/2005. I did this after I came upon the car when the Pontiac dealer ticked me off by offering to put me on a list to order at MSRP + $5K!!! Oh, I don't think so. Now I find out my Sky will have a premium as well. Not $5K, but roughly $2K. :banghead: That's what I get for living in South Florida I guess!!:cool:
What really gets me torqued is ALL 4 Saturn dealerships in the county are owned by same company!:mad:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hayley:

If you don't mind the ride come on up to Tampa, FL. Saturn of Tampa is the best dealership I've ever been to and there is no surcharge! :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
waywyrd said:
The first time I saw a Solstice out driving, I almost ran off the road trying to look at it. I saw a lot of people staring at that car....the Sky will get just as much attention. Just the picture of it I have at work draws a crowd! :lol:
Me too! I almost ran right off of the road, I was so excited to finally see one! The SKY will get even more attention I think. It is one amazing looking car!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Hayley's SKY said:
ABSO-FRIPPIN-LUTELY!! This car is going to get much more attention than the Solstice does!! It's much sleeker and more sporty.
I completely disagree, but everyone here knows I would already.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
brentil said:
I completely disagree, but everyone here knows I would already.
We will just have to see, since the Solstice was first to market and now the Sky, I bet they will both have about the same amount of attention... there are going to be so few running around for a while that alot of people may not see one on the road for a long time... and when they do it will be the same thing all over again for both cars...

·
Registered
727 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
We will just have to see, since the Solstice was first to market and now the Sky, I bet they will both have about the same amount of attention... there are going to be so few running around for a while that alot of people may not see one on the road for a long time... and when they do it will be the same thing all over again for both cars...
I agree, they will get similar levels of attention. Both are stunning and sharp designs that catch the eye. Whether someone really likes or dislikes it won't matter, since they both still attract attention!

I bet most people will also have no clue that the Sky and Solstice are the same car mechanically underneath which will help the all new factor of the Sol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts