Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are others having the same problem when out driving,getting cut off, wanting to race, to close... or is it just me??:banghead: :mad: :mad: florida drivers are the worst, its no joke.

silver pearl.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Had some idiot in a old beater a beretta I think, following me for a while then decided to show off and pass me real quick to turn right. Then he came upon a long line of cars that he thought was waiting for a person to turn left but the line was a lot longer than he thought. He was stuck on the right shoulder as I passed him smiling!!!:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
SoCal drivers are crazy too.......

lol, trying to get home in traffic on the 5, 405, 22, 91....grrr, 57, etc...
its every man for himself. being an agressive driver around here is just par for the course. of course, you might get shot sometime for no apparent reason, but its all good :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
are others having the same problem when out driving,getting cut off, wanting to race, to close... or is it just me??:banghead: :mad: :mad: florida drivers are the worst, its no joke.

silver pearl.

This is normal highway driving in Md. Sky-Less and I live in south Pa, but we commute to Md every day. We used to travel I-83 and it was like playing a rude game of bumper cars. But earlier this year we found another way into work, all back roads. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes longer, but the ride is so much more relaxing. If we had to travel the interstate every day, I don't think we would have ever thought about ordering a Sky.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i live outside orlando....i-4 is a mess

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was trying to merge onto the freeway the other day and this old beater car would not let me in. He had the whole friggin freeway to change lanes but he was so determined to stay in the slow lane. I got into the lane and he swerved around me and tried to swerve into my car. I steered into the shoulder and slammed on my brakes. Then he continued to keep looking back in his rear view mirror to see if I was going to continue the fight. I decided to get off at the next exit and let him get far away. He seemed the type to shoot me over that. Not worth it. Also had another car not see me and try to change lanes into me. California drivers are :willy:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yep...I'm sorry to say that Chicago drivers aren't much better. Every expressway/tollway is a mess...and taking the main and secondary roads can often be WORSE at times. I think the only safe time to drive, is between 6-7AM on a Sunday morning. :jester:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Regarding ur post, Every rice burning honda or nissan or bmw cuts me off or rides on my tail. I even had a NEON turbo ride up on my rear mimicking my every move for 2 miles just to prove his car was better than mine. I was like look jerk get off my @SS. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME :banghead: :brentil:

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
plan ahead

I love it when someone pulls some dumbarse move like that - and then - through reading the traffic ahead - and not even going faster than most everyone on the road - work it so that I can casually get along side and pass him around a turn or at an exit.

I did have some bonehead at an exit pull a really stupid move - I was existing the highay onto the marginal - where traffic merges onto and off of the highway - the guy next to me is going 10 to 15 over the limit - I still have some momentum from the highway - I sped up to get in front of him as there were cars behind him as well - I look over to make sure I am in front of him and the guy had punched it and was still right along side me - I actually had to get back on the highway and go to the next exit - which was only another mile or so down the road - but still - some folks are just stoopid.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I seem to be experiencing the other problem; I now find there are too many slow people in front of me!! Every time I lose them and turn into another street I find another slow vehicle in front of me.

My Sky wants to FLY --- get out of the way!

·
Registered
991 Posts
My only real problems are the very old people who can't see the road anymore, people on cell phones that are all over the place, and people who sit in the "fast" lane at idle! I think that covers it. Wisconsin has some really good drivers and some who got their license out of a cracker jack box. It is the same where ever we all go. I want my own road...you like the old comercial about Bob....My own parking spaces, my own, gas station, and my road to go back and forth to work. Is that to much to ask...This is America, right?:lol:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I can honestly say now with my new SKY, I no longer have a problem sitting in LA traffic - this car is always the center of attention :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
I seem to have a problem with old people cutting me off. Thats who the cops need to start pulling over instead of these rediculous drunk driving swat teams.

·
Registered
197 Posts
No road rage episodes, but I do catch myself leaving it in 4th gear alot so I'll have the extra power to avoid other idiot drivers.
Can't follow too close behind big SUV's. Almost got run over by a school bus that started to pull out as the SUV in front of me turned right. Guess the bus driver did not see my little Sky behind the SUV.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Pennsylvania

The last few times I drove in Pennsylvania I noticed that the overwhleming majority of folks driving with PA plates did a really good job - generally obeying law such as only using the left lane to pass - etc - and the speed limit is finally more than 55 - so other than the police and the high fines - overall a very nice state to drive in/through.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I seem to have a problem with old people cutting me off. Thats who the cops need to start pulling over instead of these rediculous drunk driving swat teams.
:D "OLD PEOPLE?" What exactly is old people to you? Age wise? Just very, very, curious?
T.

·
Registered
304 Posts
:D "OLD PEOPLE?" What exactly is old people to you? Age wise? Just very, very, curious?
T.
The peeking over the steering wheel, neverending turn signal, driving under the speed limit, not paying attention, not going when the light turns green, blind as a bat, clueless age. :D

They should have to take a road test yearly. But, since they make up 90% of the voters that won't happen. :lol:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yup...EXACTLY the same problem here..:brentil: ..them drivers all do the same thing :mad: :jester: while having their 1500 watt tunes systems blastring out Lawrence Welk as they drive slumped over on the drivers side , hat on sideways, and genearlly issuing an 'aura' of pure punk as they 'cruse' to the early bird specials.......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts