Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Road trippin' with the Solstice cousins

We were really blessed and excited to be invited to the Solstice & Sky Car Owners run up the Gorge today. Three couples went and spent the day running up the Gorge on the Oregon side and then back down on the Washington side. Two Solstice and one Sky - all from Oregon. Wonderful photo opps, good company, and a lot of people looking. Did you know that there was a Stonehenge in Washington? I didn't. Thanks Rick & Lei, Steve & Linda.

Chris & Nita

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those who are in the area in June, there is another run similar to this one. Currently approx 12 Solstice and only 1 Sky.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Really nice pictures. Got to admit, I really like the sky better than the Solstice.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SkyHi07 said:
Really nice pictures. Got to admit, I really like the sky better than the Solstice.
:) That's because this is the Sky forum :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great pictures. I have to agree, I like the Sky best, which is why I chose it. It must be really awesome to be able to drive the Sky in such beautiful country! Unfortunately, I live in Houston. Until my Sky comes in, have a Miata and drive a lot with the top down, but it cannot possibly compare to driving in the mountains!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SkyRae said:
... It must be really awesome to be able to drive the Sky in such beautiful country!
It really is a lot of fun to zip in and out of the curves that track to the contours of the hills. You will notice that only two pictures show the top down, and those were just for the photo shoot. We all agreed that, up here in the Northwest, the car is for late Spring, Summer, and early Fall. Then garage it. Some use as a daily driver but this is a fun, extra car for all of us.

We are heading to Monterey at the end of July but plan only to have the top down in the morning and late afternoon/evening. 1,200 miles is too far to run in the sun. Wonderful air conditioning!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Enjoy the trip! Living in Houston you cannot do a lot of top down driving in the summer. I prefer the winter. Even if it is one of our rare cold spells, I just put the top down and turn the heater on. Feels great. I love my Miata, but I can't wait to turn it into a Sky! Enjoy yours.

·
Registered
170 Posts
wow, absolutely beautiful pics, very nice!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow! That must have been beautiful (the drive too)! :lol:

What a coincidence that all of the cars were the same color!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For the next run we have chosen a wonderful photo shot where we will have all of the Solstice & Sky's drive slowly around this switch-back. I will be standing in the same place and take a few of the serpentine movement of the cars as they head down. I will post those in late June.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Awesome pics!! I love them all lined up together... Very nice :thumbs:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for Sharing

Chris-Nita,

Appreciate your sharing the pix of your get-together on the left-coast. It gives us all something to strive for! I hope to take delivery of a RED Sky in the coming week? It's been a long time comin...

Best,
Phil
75 R90S
91 Chevy p/u
03 BMW K-LT
07 Sky (Loaded I hope)
:cheers:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just know that it is great fun and is exactly what you make of it. Regardless of some of the negative comments in other threads, the car is fun to drive, fun to share with onlookers, and good for the attitude. Sad to say that I have had over ... 40 cars in my life (thus far) and this is definately the most fun. As I have said in other threads, my wife and I planned for a sports car and credit card vacation when we hit 50. This is a year early but completely fit the criteria.

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
her sky said:
hi chris, why do you have a front plate and the pontiacs don't. i would love to run my baby with no front plate.
Good question! In Oregon we have to have a front plate but if the bracket 'doesnt fit' then carrying the plate in the front dash (aka under the passenger floor mat] is legal. Just found this out so the plate is coming off this week. Check with your local department of moter vehicles but it is an option.

·
Registered
277 Posts
SEE! Us Sols aren't that bad!

·
Registered
266 Posts
mynewsolstice said:
SEE! Us Sols aren't that bad!
our SOUL mates are great....I love the looks of the traditional roadster and had a tough time deciding between my nostalgic draw to the Sol and my love of the modern lines of the Sky...matters not really, they are both lookers :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts