Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there was a thread for this but could not find it.

was talking with my hubby yesterday and we are expecting my sky around the end of april.

we are planing a trip to alabama and panama city beach florida around may
12th so i was asking him if our van would make the trip. his answer was yes but we are not taking the van we are taking the sky. so i am going to do some testing on how much we will be able to fit in the trunk. we are going to alabama to visit my aunt and uncle and cousings that i have not seen in over 15- 20 years, and then go to my neices wedding on may 13th.

these are the things i am thinking about taking with us
1) lap top pc
2) cloths
3) cameras (digital and camcorder)

so i am going to have to be creative so if the pictures i saw show the trunk area of the sky i am be able to get 1 or 2 duffle bags and the laptop and the cameras

hubby said if we have to stop and do laundry sometime during the week we will.
:D :willy: :willy: :cool: :driving:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
Sounds like it will be an adventure. I'm sure it will be enjoyable, when taken with a good mindset:thumbs:
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
You'll have to send pic's of the car fully loaded and perhaps a pic of the stuff before you put it in the car. There was a picture like that posted a while ago of someone who went to Walmart. Of course it was a winter shot and they had the roof up. Not the way you want to drive your roadster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Any Texans want to meet up somewhere and cruise the Hill Country with me?
I am talking about the back rods from Austin to San Antonio, New Braunfels, Fredrericksburg, Lukenbach, Shiner (great Bock Beer). Nimitz museum is awesome in Fredericksburg!! How about it Boots, Bumsky 2, Bubbacc, and Doug (who lives less than a mile from me), TexSon and any others, we should all have our babies by mid-late summer, I will be back from Boston by then.
BTW, my SKY will be in the showroom Jul 1 - 15 while I am out of town, safer than my garage, you think?:thumbs:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
WELL..... i sure hope they start rolling in a bit faster now that production is increased..... YA THINK?..... SkyBaby-07
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
Ernest said:
I think they will be coming faster & faster, because the more you do something, the faster and better you get!!:thumbs:
I hope so! I am trying to be patient... it is very hard to sit quietly and wait for an image when all these beautiful pics of cars that people are now driving are starting to show up!!

Keep your fingers crossed that I'll get image sometime soon! I'm ready it! Commmmmon Saturn! :thumbs:

If it takes too long - some of you will need to pick me up and take me for a spin to keep my spirits up! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
Spag said:
I hope so! I am trying to be patient... it is very hard to sit quietly and wait for an image when all these beautiful pics of cars that people are now driving are starting to show up!!

Keep your fingers crossed that I'll get image sometime soon! I'm ready it! Commmmmon Saturn! :thumbs:

If it takes too long - some of you will need to pick me up and take me for a spin to keep my spirits up! :D
Is there any hallucinogens that make you believe you are driving your Sky :willy: :willy: :willy: :lol:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
Spag said:
I hope so! I am trying to be patient... it is very hard to sit quietly and wait for an image when all these beautiful pics of cars that people are now driving are starting to show up!!

Keep your fingers crossed that I'll get image sometime soon! I'm ready it! Commmmmon Saturn! :thumbs:

If it takes too long - some of you will need to pick me up and take me for a spin to keep my spirits up! :D

hmmm.... i have always wanted to go to the east coast.... i will ... SkyBaby-07


ya know... after all.. you are MY SKY SPY.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
SkyBaby said:
hmmm.... i have always wanted to go to the east coast.... i will ... SkyBaby-07


ya know... after all.. you are MY SKY SPY.....
Anytime SkyBaby! I wanna ride in your car!!! :drool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
bentley said:
so i am going to do some testing on how much we will be able to fit in the trunk. we are going to alabama to visit my aunt and uncle and cousings that i have not seen in over 15- 20 years, and then go to my neices wedding on may 13th.

these are the things i am thinking about taking with us
1) lap top pc
2) cloths
3) cameras (digital and camcorder)
Hmmmmmm . . . get the luggage rack. The question is whether or not the dealers will have that option available by May. :confused:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
I know my dealership wont have any EXTRAS... availble for a while... just asked today.... SkyBaby-07
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
Lugage rack

I wonder if someone will come up with some klind of creative luggage pod that maybe woudl fit between the "humps" on the rear deck lid. I'm thinking something that would be attached with straps for example so as not to interfere with the operation of the hood and roof - and would not be too tall so ass not to interfere with the driver's rear view - and perhaps even act as a windbreak as the I woudl imagine the front o tbe about as tall as the top of the seat backs - and then tapered towards the rear.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
Lil GTO said:
I wonder if someone will come up with some klind of creative luggage pod that maybe woudl fit between the "humps" on the rear deck lid. I'm thinking something that would be attached with straps for example so as not to interfere with the operation of the hood and roof - and would not be too tall so ass not to interfere with the driver's rear view - and perhaps even act as a windbreak as the I woudl imagine the front o tbe about as tall as the top of the seat backs - and then tapered towards the rear.
There was a post from Sky Dealer about a rack that fit between humps about three days ago. Unless my memory is shot. Go to search, for luggage racks, and see if it comes up. Skip...:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Count me in Ernest......I love the Hill Country here in Texas and certainly have done enough exploring in the VUE to know some neat side road trips. You didn't mention Kerrville on the loop of cities to tour through...an oversight I am sure. :) :) :)

Sheryl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Yes an oversight, wouldn't be a cruise without you. I vote that you be the leader and we will follow, agree? I have only cruuised the side roads once and loved every minuite of it. We could do it over a a couple of days, stopover at motel, and get up bright and early and git on the road again. Kathy & I would love fer sure, we could go at a nice easy pace and stop at the many attractions that are on the way. I see a video or a lot of pictures in this.:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
I bet we can get TEXSON to join us,,,he's only 45 minutes away in San Antonio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
: Boots, BUBBAC, and Doug who lives 6 minutes or less from me, would join us to I reckon!! Yes I have a SKY nut who lives that close to me, he is a waitin' on his baby too, and I would have never known that he lived so close to me if it hadn't been for this place!!!!! This is truly a magical place to be!!!:cheers: :thumbs::grouphug:
 

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
Joined
·
408 Posts
NC Road trip???

All us NC Sky owners should join up as well. I just cruised some great back roads up near Conover(she handled great--gobs of power and stuck to the road like glue!!!), and we could always do the Blue Ridge parkway--any takers??
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top