Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn, I got hit. Yesterday I was on my way home from the dealers to fix my fog lights when a hugh rock came up off the roadway from a passing truck and "bing" :mad:
Lucky for me, I not only have free glass replacement built into my auto insurance, but I bought the Satin finish from Saturn and they will replace if free, but now my baby has a boo boo. :willy:
Anyone know how long it takes to get in a new windshild???? :banghead:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Damn, I got hit. Yesterday I was on my way home from the dealers to fix my fog lights when a hugh rock came up off the roadway from a passing truck and "bing" :mad:
Lucky for me, I not only have free glass replacement built into my auto insurance, but I bought the Satin finish from Saturn and they will replace if free, but now my baby has a boo boo. :willy:
Anyone know how long it takes to get in a new windshild???? :banghead:
Sorry to hear about your baby's boo-boo. Just curious though...what was wrong with your fog lights?

·
Registered
420 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Satin finish from Saturn?
I never heard of nor was offered that by my dealer.
hmmm...I got the 5 year/75k mile extended warranty though.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i hope they can get you a new one quick..i was told that if anything happened now the only parts were pulled from the assembly line...good luck

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Better the window that in the paint. Sorry to here about your boo boo!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
nscrbug said:
Sorry to hear about your baby's boo-boo. Just curious though...what was wrong with your fog lights?
Thanks hon, they said that the wires had come lose and they just had to hook them up again.... Good as new :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SUNNY_SKY said:
Satin finish from Saturn?
I never heard of nor was offered that by my dealer.
hmmm...I got the 5 year/75k mile extended warranty though.
I also got the extended warrenty like you, but this is different.
It is something to do with protecting the interior, even leather, and putting a special coating on the windshield to help cut down on the glare at night and "supposed" to protect you better for rock chips then non-coated ones,ummmm :confused: . But there is a 100% free replacement that comes with that. It also says that if I get anything on my seats that wont come out, yes even ink, they will replace the seats & carpets free. Just ask your dealer about all of the aftermarket protections they offer.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Windshields take 2 to 3 days. Shipped out of Delaware to dealer to your local glass shop. Mine was put in about 2 hours. For those without windshield protection the price is about 425.00.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Girl, when they ordered mine... the second day i had her..... it took 3-4 days to get it in.. but IT WAS BROKE when it got here... so they had to RE-ORDER IT.... and that took another 5 days..... then they came out to the house and..... it took less than 40 minutes to install... Good as new again..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
79 Posts
So sorry to hear about the windshield. Hope that they get it fixrd real quick! My dealer offered and I purchased what he called "A Touch of Class" wihic treats the paint and interior, but I don't think it covers the windshield - I'll have to ask.

I too had a problem with my grey bird - I was stowing the pasenger side cup holder when it jammed and came apart. Not as severe as yours but they are going to replace it.

Hope your windshield gets to you fast and in one piece. :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IslandHopper said:
Windshields take 2 to 3 days. Shipped out of Delaware to dealer to your local glass shop. Mine was put in about 2 hours. For those without windshield protection the price is about 425.00.
OUCH....:willy:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gayager said:
So sorry to hear about the windshield. Hope that they get it fixrd real quick! My dealer offered and I purchased what he called "A Touch of Class" wihic treats the paint and interior, but I don't think it covers the windshield - I'll have to ask.

I too had a problem with my grey bird - I was stowing the pasenger side cup holder when it jammed and came apart. Not as severe as yours but they are going to replace it.

Hope your windshield gets to you fast and in one piece. :grouphug:
I added sooo much aftermarket, that I may be calling it something else, but you should look into the windshield...:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SkyBaby said:
Girl, when they ordered mine... the second day i had her..... it took 3-4 days to get it in.. but IT WAS BROKE when it got here... so they had to RE-ORDER IT.... and that took another 5 days..... then they came out to the house and..... it took less than 40 minutes to install... Good as new again..... SkyBaby-07
I just hung up with the dealer and they are telling me the same thing. I ordered the locking lug nuts so when I go get them they will look at her and see if I need a new one or they can get the 2 chips out....:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Girl..... i am feeling the need for you to come out to ILLINOIS TO SEE ME...and the rest of the gang.. on the 15th.... hmmmmm...... just like MRS RICK...., Brian can write ya a note..LOL...kidding... hehehe.. maybe...SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
2 chips

agirltrucker said:
I just hung up with the dealer and they are telling me the same thing. I ordered the locking lug nuts so when I go get them they will look at her and see if I need a new one or they can get the 2 chips out....:cheers:
If the glass has a chip in it they can not "take it out"
it is a missing piece of glass from the wind shield.
If your Satin Protection is good they will replace it.
If it is not good they will just "plug" the holes.
Hope they doo the right thing!!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SkyBaby said:
Girl..... i am feeling the need for you to come out to ILLINOIS TO SEE ME...and the rest of the gang.. on the 15th.... hmmmmm...... just like MRS RICK...., Brian can write ya a note..LOL...kidding... hehehe.. maybe...SkyBaby-07
UMMMMM, works for me darling.... Miss ya sweetie :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seagull said:
If the glass has a chip in it they can not "take it out"
it is a missing piece of glass from the wind shield.
If your Satin Protection is good they will replace it.
If it is not good they will just "plug" the holes.
Hope they doo the right thing!!!
Preciate it, yes its good. Looks like my baby will be getting a new windshield...:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
agirltrucker said:
UMMMMM, works for me darling.... Miss ya sweetie :grouphug:
I miss ya too.... ok... i will see ya in a couple weeks...... YEAH........ SkyBaby-07:grouphug:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts