Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have started to plan the Sept. meet; we have initial plans to meet in Golden at the Parfet River Park at 10th and Washington Streets- Across from the Visitors Building; drive up the twisties of Coal Creek Canyon to the Peak to Peak, on to Central City, Down the new Central City Highway, down to Golden via the twisties and tunnels of Rt. 6.
But if there is a large response to this trip needing to be changed, we are fluid enough to do so; example-go from Central City back to do a loop around the Estes Park area !:)

We have also started planning, in the discussion stages only, of the next 6 months of meets, which could include some overnights and some meets with other clubs. If you want to come and join us, please either comment here or PM me with your email address, name, and location- we'll include you in the planning group!:cheers:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Sept 16th Meet.- Golden, CO(RMSSC)

As people let me know they will be coming to the meet I will add them to the list.
List of those attending:
whitefang- Solstice:thumbs:
Ilber- Sky on Order("tail car" by request) :thumbs:
Matman- Sky on Order, "Can't Wait"! :confused:
DouglaS-Solstice, maybe :confused:

Rodeo- Solstice Maybe (In a Motorhome?:jester: ):confused:

Maverick-Sky {Canceled}
nighttamer- Solstice, a REAL BIG MAYBE {Canceled}
thaasco- no
numbbers- no
rlw222- no
buggsy63- no response
rpwillman- no
wyodan- no response
gwilks- founding member= moved to Phoenix

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rocky Mountain Solstice / Sky Club

Maverick, Are you still planning on being here for the 16th Sept.? Final composition of routes to be taken still not final- could change drastically the closer we get to the 16th. and the more people we get to come.
There seams to be two new Skys interested in coming to our activities. Maybe meeting you would be just the plus to get this half of the club moving. :cool:

Rodeo, Solstice Mod, may attend hopefully doing the same for the Solstice half of the group.:cool:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Still trying to get the days off. Don't worry about the route we will find you if we can make it. We are from Colorado so we woun't get lost. PM we when you firm up the route. We will try to be there. I'm glad that there are some SKYs going with you this time, that will make it a real Kappa run.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We'll find you!

Still trying to get the days off. Don't worry about the route we will find you if we can make it. We are from Colorado so we woun't get lost. PM we when you firm up the route. We will try to be there. I'm glad that there are some SKYs going with you this time, that will make it a real Kappa run.
Didn't I tell you that once you PM me the location of your Hotel, we'll all show up to impress the rest of the people staying there.:lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow it's becoming a Sky Meet! SEE LIST!

Now if only java43 would come and show off her Sky to the rest of us. Only she would probably sit around with ilber, Maverick, and Matman and talk about Redlines.:lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Sept 16th Meet.- Golden, CO(RMSSC)

The Final plans are to meet in Golden at the Parfet River Park at 10 AM {10th Street and Washington}; Drive {CO-93} up the twisties of Coal Creek Canyon {CO-72}to the Peak to Peak {CO-119}, South to Central City{CO-279}, down the new Central City Highway, to Idaho Springs- Eat Lunch at The Indian Springs Resort Kahuna Room/ Big Kahuna's {Soda Creek RD/ CO-5}: Miles= 57, Time 2Hr. A side trip to Echo Lake {CO-5}could be done:30 mile RT, 1Hr. Then it's back down to Golden via I-70 to Ext 244 and the twisties and tunnels of Rt. 6 and CO 119:Miles=20, Time= 40 min.. Parfet Park is the official end spot for the Meet. After Golden, CW and I will be going back up 119 through Black Hawk and back out through Golden Gate Canyon and home through Boulder and Longmont to finish the Day.

We've decided to keep his meet in Golden because ilber and Matman would be closer.:)
Hoping for a good turn out, including Maverick!

Happy Trails to You, Until We Meet Again!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bump

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Maverick!

Have you started on your way to Ft Collins, YET?:cheers:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
maverick can't come- Meet still on!

The Final plans are to meet in Golden at the Parfet River Park at 10 AM {10th Street and Washington}; Drive {CO-93} up the twisties of Coal Creek Canyon {CO-72}to the Peak to Peak {CO-119}, South to Central City{CO-279}, down the new Central City Highway, to Idaho Springs- Eat Lunch at The Indian Springs Resort Kahuna Room/ Big Kahuna's {Soda Creek RD/ CO-5}: Miles= 57, Time 2Hr. A side trip to Echo Lake {CO-5}could be done:30 mile RT, 1Hr. Then it's back down to Golden via I-70 to Ext 244 and the twisties and tunnels of Rt. 6 and CO 119:Miles=20, Time= 40 min.. Parfet Park is the official end spot for the Meet. After Golden, CW and I will be going back up 119 through Black Hawk and back out through Golden Gate Canyon and home through Boulder and Longmont to finish the Day.

We've decided to keep his meet in Golden because ilber and Matman would be closer.:)

Bump- Meet still Scheduled

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hoping for a good turn out, including Maverick!

Thanks for that! It is 106 miles from me to FC, but should be fine, I am trying my hardest to have Brenna come, but she might be bailing on me :( oh well I am in...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great!

We'll See You In Golden! That makes at least 3 people.:lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rocky Mountain Solstice / Sky Club Sept 16th Meet

We had a great day for a cruise. Got to meet our newest member ilber and his girlfriend. Had great drive up Coal Creek Canyon where CW and I were timed by ilber putting our top up due to SNOW SHOWER at the Railroad tracks = 20 seconds. Train gone, continued on the twisties through Pinecliffe to Black Hawk, Central City, and Idaho Springs. Finally found the Indian Springs Resort and the BIG KAHUNA BBQ Bar. :cheers:
Some good conversation- Sky owners are as frustrated as we were when the Sol first came out- dealer mark up v. msrp & when will they get picked up. Departed each others company so they could go hiking in the high country and we went back up the Peak to Peak to Estes. Park and home.
Here are the Pic's:

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...slideshow=true

Those of you who couldn't make it, we missed you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts