Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I have to say I liked it much more this time than when I saw the previous one. We might have found our next car :cool: I may hae to become more active on this forum!!!

Funny thing, the dealer had two, both available to take home.

The catch:

the had $6K of goodies on them, a CAI, Lojack. and a Racing Suspension - they did not have the details of what the suspension package was - I had a feeling this was their equivelent to a dealer markup. Doesn't matter, I'm not ready to take one home.

sorry all, I don't know the colro names of the sky. They had a black, and a light silver, we really liked the light silver, which is funny because we hated that same color on the solstice - very odd. Something about the chrome and angles just worked on the silver! The silver was an auto.

We got to turn on the car to hear the CAI. sounded good! It didn't add much noise compared to our soltice, and I was able to rev it to 4K to check the noise. I don't know how it sounds under load, or over 4K.

That was a fun day. We also sat in a new MX5, uncomfortable seats, more spacious than our MSM, just nothing to squeel about.

Hhhhhmmmm, I wonder, will a Sky be in our future????

·
Registered
304 Posts
RODEO said:
and a Racing Suspension - they did not have the details of what the suspension package was - I had a feeling this was their equivelent to a dealer markup.
It's a $1500.00 upgrade.

Performance Suspension Kit

The performance suspension kit allows the SKY to carve tighter corners with even more precision. Includes front and rear stabilizer bars, bushings and sport-tuned, coil-over Bilstein monotube shocks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
belletire said:
It's a $1500.00 upgrade.

Performance Suspension Kit

The performance suspension kit allows the SKY to carve tighter corners with even more precision. Includes front and rear stabilizer bars, bushings and sport-tuned, coil-over Bilstein monotube shocks.

so, their $6K covers lojack, a GM CAI, and a $1500 suspension kit, oh yeah, it also listed floor mats (that must make up the difference :D )

·
Registered
295 Posts
RODEO said:
so, their $6K covers lojack, a GM CAI, and a $1500 suspension kit, oh yeah, it also listed floor mats (that must make up the difference :D )
Must be the $3800 floor mats.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ku4zs said:
Must be the $3800 floor mats.
that's what i was thinking :lol: They were really nice floormats :D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
You were at SCC right? I was there this afternoon as well around 4:30 - 5:15pm. Where you there when the couple with the MX5 was looking at it also?

I looked at the "Sky Performance Package" and I cannot see what makes it $6,000.00. Unless they are doubling the prices of the Lojack, suspension and CAI. If someone else knows what the package consists of I would like to know!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
richmcc said:
You were at SCC right? I was there this afternoon as well around 4:30 - 5:15pm. Where you there when the couple with the MX5 was looking at it also?

I looked at the "Sky Performance Package" and I cannot see what makes it $6,000.00. Unless they are doubling the prices of the Lojack, suspension and CAI. If someone else knows what the package consists of I would like to know!
Don't forget the floor mats :D

Sounds like that was us! I don't know what SCC is?

We had a 2004 Mazdaspeed MX5 Miata, Velocity Red! and, if I go back, that dealer will hear my complaints about a $6K package that's worth more like $2.5K :D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
RODEO said:
Don't forget the floor mats :D

Sounds like that was us! I don't know what SCC is?

We had a 2004 Mazdaspeed MX5 Miata, Velocity Red! and, if I go back, that dealer will hear my complaints about a $6K package that's worth more like $2.5K :D
I meant SSC for Saturn of S C. Me and my wife walked and was looking at the two Sky's as the Saleswoman was finishing talking with you. I was the idiot wearing only a black t-shirt!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
richmcc said:
I meant SSC for Saturn of S C. Me and my wife walked and was looking at the two Sky's as the Saleswoman was finishing talking with you. I was the idiot wearing only a black t-shirt!
Only a black t-shirt?? I think I would have seen a guy walking around in no pants :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was also at the Saturn dealer in Santa Claria on the same day as Rodeo, I was there looking at the same 2cars around 11am on friday. When I drove up behind the cars 4 salesmen came out to look at my car and asked if it was a GXP. It was because of the red painted calipers.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Yea... you really have to look out for THEM EMERALD & SAPPHIRE FLOOR MATS..:banghead: . they will get ya every time............ I WILL TAKE..... 2 SETS PLEASE!! but make the second set EVEN MORE SPENDY.......:thumbs: . LETS PUT SOME RUBYS IN THERE TOO....... to go along with MY DIAMOND STUDDED WHEELS.... ugh... i would just get the prices of the ADDED items individually.. and put a number down on a paper ... hand it to him..and say.... DO WE HAVE A DEAL??????....:nono: . i wouldnt think they could really argue with ACTUAL figures of the objects installed.... well.. i wouldnt think so anyway..... There is NO reason for such a markup..... on anything.... again..:D JUST MY OPINION..SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
RODEO said:
Only a black t-shirt?? I think I would have seen a guy walking around in no pants :D
I guess you are not as Observant as you thought :D

I found out that the package does only consist of:

CAI.
The high-end Lojack.
The Saturn Performance Suspension system.
Floor Mats

The High End Lojack is 1300.00 add that to the price for Saturn addons ti comes out to about 3400.00 dollars.

That means the Floor Mats are only $2600.00. I think all of you saying the Floormats are $3800.00 owe this dealership an apology! :nono:

:jester:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
SolSky_Designs said:
I was also at the Saturn dealer in Santa Claria on the same day as Rodeo, I was there looking at the same 2cars around 11am on friday. When I drove up behind the cars 4 salesmen came out to look at my car and asked if it was a GXP. It was because of the red painted calipers.

Hey...those red calipers look really sharp on your Sol! :thumbs: May I ask where/how did you get them done? Cost???

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
$6k ?

RODEO said:
The catch:

the had $6K of goodies on them, a CAI, Lojack. and a Racing Suspension - they did not have the details of what the suspension package was - I had a feeling this was their equivelent to a dealer markup. Doesn't matter, I'm not ready to take one home.
When you say $6k is that over the base price of the Sky? or over the base price of the Soltice? The Sky includes many items such as power door locks and windows and OnStar that the Soltice offers as options.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Lil GTO said:
When you say $6k is that over the base price of the Sky? or over the base price of the Soltice? The Sky includes many items such as power door locks and windows and OnStar that the Soltice offers as options.

It was $6k over the MSRP sticker price. The accessories were dealer add-ons that only totaled up to $3400.00 dollars

·
Registered
136 Posts
richmcc said:
It was $6k over the MSRP sticker price. The accessories were dealer add-ons that only totaled up to $3400.00 dollars
6k over MSRP is a LOT of money... what is that, depending on options like 34k? psht, sorry but for that lack of performance for that pric,e just gimme the s2k ;p

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
richmcc said:
I guess you are not as Observant as you thought :D

I found out that the package does only consist of:

CAI.
The high-end Lojack.
The Saturn Performance Suspension system.
Floor Mats

The High End Lojack is 1300.00 add that to the price for Saturn addons ti comes out to about 3400.00 dollars.

That means the Floor Mats are only $2600.00. I think all of you saying the Floormats are $3800.00 owe this dealership an apology! :nono:

:jester:
Just talked with my dealer and confirmed that Air Intake is $495.00 same as on the Saturn Site. They faxed me an accessory list and the all of the prices are in range of what they are listed on the Saturn site.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.