Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's video footage from our resident lucky man Excelsior at the Solstice Forum. :D

The video shows how to raise and lower the roof through the entire process. Very informative for those who didn't know.

http://solstice.inner-ninja.com/users/Excelsior/ [17mb]

·
Registered
148 Posts
brentil said:
Here's video footage from our resident lucky man Excelsior at the Solstice Forum. :D

The video shows how to raise and lower the roof through the entire process. Very informative for those who didn't know.

I tough... it would have been automatic... kinda like the mustang GT convertible :confused:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Snowy_Beast said:
I tough... it would have been automatic... kinda like the mustang GT convertible :confused:
God no, those things weigh a TON!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well unfortunately [A] it would weigh a good bit more would be far more complex meaning [B.1] more expensive [B.2] take up even MORE trunk space [C] the AFBTSs would take an insanely complex system to work automaticly.

Being the cheapest Roadsters in production you're not going to see an automatic roof on this car.

·
Registered
242 Posts
brentil said:

I can't seem to pull up the video....any ideas....i would really like to see this roof being operated.........help:banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sky_line said:
I can't seem to pull up the video....any ideas....i would really like to see this roof being operated.........help:banghead:
Go to the link, right click, save as. Play it from your local machine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like how the top looks, and it doesnt look to hard to put the top down, but I really dont like the idea that to put the top up, you have to go to the other side of the car to finish it. couldnt they make the 2 "wings" work as one??

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
enderokc said:
I like how the top looks, and it doesnt look to hard to put the top down, but I really dont like the idea that to put the top up, you have to go to the other side of the car to finish it. couldnt they make the 2 "wings" work as one??
Due to having to anchor both sides down into a device you have to push them into, the most reliable design is one where you put each one down individually. Because one large system would add complexity which adds to chance of failure, space required, development time, cost, etc.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I guess we all have to remember that it isn't an $40-$80K car. Not that we should accept crap but it is a small inexpensive roadster. And thats what we want!?

·
Registered
242 Posts
brentil said:
Go to the link, right click, save as. Play it from your local machine.
got it.............thanx.......that is pretty cool.........I like the way it stows. not much for trunk space....but, hey......suits me just fine...!:D

Thanx again, for the help

S. L.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts