Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I'm currently laid up, and that of course means (to me at least) wayyyy too much TV at all hours of the day/morning.:rolleyes:

I was just watching the Barrett Jackson auction on SPEED, and one of the cars up for sale was a simply immaculate 1957 Vette in Silver Pearl with a red interior.

Now in so many ways this car doesn't not look at all like our SKY......BUT....as I watched it go up for bidding, I kept looking at my SKY brocheure. It was a bit like one of the movie tricks where one thing sort of "morphs" into another? You know what I mean?

Well it reminded me of looking at photos of my grandparents and seeing my personal "roots" as it were.....a nose here, hairline there, eyes here.....you can/could see the 57 'morph' into the 07 and vis-a-versa.....neat........:) of course maybe with the drugs I'm taking for pain it could have been two butterflys dancing on a wave cresting in a parking lot.:D :D :D .........hummm.......:lol:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hmmmmmmm

Good to hear you are getting good drugs for the pain.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good to hear you are getting good drugs for the pain.....:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cool thoughts though.... I'll have what he's having....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Was the tha cops at tha door?.. Did I make you paranoid? Hehehe ..:) :) Skip..

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok ok you guys....what I meant to say was this. I could see many of the "family" details when looking at the two vehicles....not that I don't mind the occasional trip mind you, but in this case it was how similar the two weree while be so far apart.....errrr am I going off again?:D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nah.. I Gotcha the first go round... you gave that one to us though!..We had to take it.:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
It may not be the drugs at all, the MSRP has pushed twice since my orignal order (vin 2308) and if I was to buy the same car today it would cost me $1,650 more.:D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
This car is one strong hallucinate ... it has so many people from all over the world so excited they are willing to wait months .. even years to own one. And once they own it ... look at the consent grins they obtain from just being seen in it. :D :) :drool: :driving: :patriot: :agree: :thumbs: :angel: :jester:

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
A '57 Vette morphing back and forth with your Sky??? Think it's the morph-ine.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Actually I think the lines are there as you say. In addition I think you also see the lines of the Viper and maybe a hint of Prowler in there too. If I were having an exotic cocktail of beauty, handling and breed this would be a drink to win the heart of a conisuer. "Care for a drink young lady?":)

Imaged 23/06/06
KGKH3X
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
4200 Shipped 8/14/06
AT THE DEALERSHIP 8/30/06
IN MY GARAGE 8/31/06
VIN#8059
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake
Mud Guards

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
As some of you know, I'm currently laid up, and that of course means (to me at least) wayyyy too much TV at all hours of the day/morning.:rolleyes:

I was just watching the Barrett Jackson auction on SPEED, and one of the cars up for sale was a simply immaculate 1957 Vette in Silver Pearl with a red interior.

Now in so many ways this car doesn't not look at all like our SKY......BUT....as I watched it go up for bidding, I kept looking at my SKY brocheure. It was a bit like one of the movie tricks where one thing sort of "morphs" into another? You know what I mean?

Well it reminded me of looking at photos of my grandparents and seeing my personal "roots" as it were.....a nose here, hairline there, eyes here.....you can/could see the 57 'morph' into the 07 and vis-a-versa.....neat........:) of course maybe with the drugs I'm taking for pain it could have been two butterflys dancing on a wave cresting in a parking lot.:D :D :D .........hummm.......:lol:

If you'll try the combination I suggested-- one percocet, 2 lortabs and 3 fingers of Jameson (preferably the 12 yr old), then stare at a picture of the Sky's front end, after a few minutes it will morph into Don Ho. Scary but true.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts