Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been reading this forum since March when I put down a deposit on a new sky. I was originally 13th on the waiting list at my dealer. Last Wednesday, May 31st I learned that I had been imaged. At that time I was informed that the dealer didn't know when my vehicle would be built. I tried to change the color from yellow to silver and my salesman said he would put the change in to the factory order system. Thursday the salesman called me and told me he had good news and bad news. The bad news was that I couldn't change the color and the good news was because my Sky was built and they expected delivery in 2 to 3 weeks. I told him forget the color change and that I couldn't believe that I found out one day that I was imaged and that the next day My Sky was built. I was so excited that I haven't even asked for the Vin number or order number. I will be driving the 80 miles Monday after work to get the details. Has anyone else had an experience like this.

rpattison
Yellow sky
upgraded sound
CIA
limited slip
etc.

·
Registered
337 Posts
insane talk

From being IMAGED to being in your driveway in 2-3 weeks?

UNHEARD OF! :willy:

What do you live across from the FACTORY?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
rpattison

I'll find out Monday! Seems hard to believe to me. I suspect that I was imaged previously and the dealer didn't tell me. The last report I had from my salesman was that I had moved up to 8th on the list. The salesman has been very helpful though he doesn't seem anywhere as knowledgable as the people on this forum.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
rpattison said:
I'll find out Monday! Seems hard to believe to me. I suspect that I was imaged previously and the dealer didn't tell me. The last report I had from my salesman was that I had moved up to 8th on the list. The salesman has been very helpful though he doesn't seem anywhere as knowledgable as the people on this forum.
That is what I am guessing... possibly they don't tell people until they are VIN'd. That way, they don't have to answer questions about status daily.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had an experience where I went from Imaged to built in a short time frame 3 weeks I believe. Turns out the person I had spoke to gave me the info of the guy in front of me when I called to check on my order. Called a week later and found out I was still at 3000. I hope this isn't the case for you. Call and verify your order# and make sure you talk to the GM he has been the only one that can access my info at my dealership. When I was given the wrong info it was a sales rep that said he looked in my file.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rpattison

Thanks! I'll call first thing in the morning. Hope they just forget to tell me that it was ordered previously. This dealer seems to be tight with their info. I have never been able to find out what their allocation was. As a result I didn't even know for sure if I was going to make this year's allocation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
"New" order procedure

I have been told by my Saturn Dealer that there is a "new" ordering procedure that Saturn is having their dealers follow. In the past you had to wait for your order image to become available, then your order was actually placed. Now, your dealer has to put all Sky orders in "ahead of time", and "the system just selects them ahead of time at it's disgression". So, by the time you are notified that your order has been selected, your car may already be on the way to being built. I confirmed my order on May 26, and the dealer told me that "the car should be in your hands in about 60 days"!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! That makes sense. I 'm just going out the door to my dealer to get more info (80 miles away) I'll let everyone know if thatis the case.

·
Registered
130 Posts
rpattison said:
I have been reading this forum since March when I put down a deposit on a new sky. I was originally 13th on the waiting list at my dealer. Last Wednesday, May 31st I learned that I had been imaged. At that time I was informed that the dealer didn't know when my vehicle would be built. I tried to change the color from yellow to silver and my salesman said he would put the change in to the factory order system. Thursday the salesman called me and told me he had good news and bad news. The bad news was that I couldn't change the color and the good news was because my Sky was built and they expected delivery in 2 to 3 weeks. I told him forget the color change and that I couldn't believe that I found out one day that I was imaged and that the next day My Sky was built. I was so excited that I haven't even asked for the Vin number or order number. I will be driving the 80 miles Monday after work to get the details. Has anyone else had an experience like this.

rpattison
Yellow sky
upgraded sound
CIA
limited slip
etc.

My Salesperson checked the status of my car every other day and had no info on it, not even a TPW. I ordered it January 23rd. She called me Tuesday May 16th and said it was just built, no vin yet but it will be here in two weeks. She called me Thursday May 18th and said "guess what just pulled in?"

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Hopefully your dealer doesn't try to find a way to charge you for the expidited delivery. :willy:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I drove the 80 miles to my dealer and confirmed my order has been built.
Order #KCFN2G
VIN #1003088
Current Event: 3800 - Produced

On the GM OrderWorkBench Sheet it has the following listings under Ordered Options:

YF5: California Emissions
NC7: Federal Emissions Override

These are listed with my other options

US8: AM/FM CD/MP3 w RDS, spd compstd vime/thftlk
PD5: Wheels, 18 inch alloy, chrome
19T: Black
G80: Differential, limited slip
PCH: Premium Trim Option Package

Why would I have California Emissions when I purchased in Arizona?

What is the Federal Emissions Ovedrride?

Can anyone help me with this?

Have I gotten a car built for California?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
rpattison said:
I drove the 80 miles to my dealer and confirmed my order has been built.
Order #KCFN2G
VIN #1003088
Current Event: 3800 - Produced

On the GM OrderWorkBench Sheet it has the following listings under Ordered Options:

YF5: California Emissions
NC7: Federal Emissions Override

Why would I have California Emissions when I purchased in Arizona?

What is the Federal Emissions Ovedrride?

Can anyone help me with this?

Have I gotten a car built for California?
California's emmission regulations are more strict then the federal, so since you are so close to Cali, they give you theirs. All NY cars get the Cali version too since NY City has almost as strict regulations.

Oh, and your car should be on it's way VERY soon... VIN 2930 is sitting up here waiting to be picked up tomorrow by it's VERY LUCKY new owner. I'll post pics and why after delivery... :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:cheers: Hey -- your vin is 11 less than mine -- :cheers:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rpattison

I guess I'm extremely lucky. Some of you have been waiting a lot longer than I have. I would not really know what to do if it was not for the collective knowledge on this forum. I put my deposit down on 3/24/06, found out I was imaged on 5/31/06, and found out my car was built on 6/1/06. This system really seems strange when I learn how long it has taken most of you to go from deposit to produced. I'll see hwo long it takes to ship and actually pick it up. Good luck to all who haven't received their Skys yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts