Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline, RPM Stage 3, & DDM brace/backbone/probeam
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got the stage 3 kit installed on my Redline and I'm going to install the 3 bar sensors and get the tune done Monday.. so, will I hurt the car if I took it on an hour and a half drive tomorrow since it's going to be a beautiful day in Pennsylvania?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. And thanks. I was told not to install the 3bar sensors until I was ready to tune. I actually followed directions for once.🙃

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I'm looking at purchasing that kit too! Can you please tell me how installation was? Also once you get a tune could you let me know it feels? I keep going back and forth on if I want this kit. I'm going back and forth between this and just a tune.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, I'm looking at purchasing that kit too! Can you please tell me how installation was? Also once you get a tune could you let me know it feels? I keep going back and forth on if I want this kit. I'm going back and forth between this and just a tune.
Well, I paid someone to install. He installed the kit, a water pump, and the DDM braces (all 3) for $1300. So, everything was easy for me!

The power difference without the tune seems crazy, and I'm told once the tune is done it's like a different car. But, I'll give my opinion on the tune sometime next week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome. I really wanted to be in the 325(ish) whp club but the wife wanted the car to stay stock so I weighing my options. She can't be too upset about a tune but if I get the stage three it better be worth it because I could be sleeping in the Sky for a little while till she calms down 😂🤣😂

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The big wheel turbo swap and tune will get you into the 320ish whp range and I doubt that your wife will ever notice unless she drives much harder than most ladies do.

I used to let my wife drive my turbo Fiero once in awhile and I insisted that at least once she should put her foot to the floor. She did, and it deterred her from ever doing it again (which was my goal) but I doubt she'd have ever accelerated that hard unless asked to by me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HAHA Yeah its more along the lines of the money and time to install it that would tip her off. I don't think she would really get into it very often...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Taking it in to a shop that could do the installation in a day might be less expensive in the long run. Does she ever go away for a day....... :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
I needed new tires after my stage 3. Wheels still spin even when warm.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I needed new tires after my stage 3. Wheels still spin even when warm.
That just means that your tires are no good. Time to get stickier tires. I have to concentrate to spin my tires - it just goes without much drama! (Michelin PSS)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Brand new PS4S. Maybe try PSS next time...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The PS4S should be really good and similar to my PSS. The problem is that Michelin has discontinued our 245-45 size in the PSS!

What are you running for pressures?

·
Registered
41 Posts
30psi cold for all 4

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The door pillar says 29 psi for the 2007 Base, so that is what I use for cruising which is all I do. I never run the car hard.

One challenge is finding a trusted tire pressure gauge. They can vary quite a lot, most especially mechanical gauges. Digital tire gauges seem to be more consistent. CLICK HERE for my evaluation on tire gauges, the focus being our motorhome.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
29 i generally too low.

And a proper oil filled tire gauge is quite accurate; the little stick ones with a square plastic bit that pokes out are garbage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts