Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SKY owners should be watchful of the rubber trim on your car, and don't fail to give it regular treatments of dielectric grease at proper intervals. Reports have always been that finding new replacement rubber on your SKY is just not available, thus regular care is best.

My early 2007, has been around for some 16 years, and I haven't been a good scout about doing the grease frequently. But I do keep an eye on the rubber items around the top, the doors, engine bay, trunk area, etc. And I am thankful that I don't believe any of the car's rubber parts is failing or needing replacement. Thankfully!

I just finished the entire car today. It probably took me a couple of hours. The grease I purchase at Home Depot for around $10 in a 3 oz tube/dispenser. I smeared it on the rubber with my fingers.

Greasing your cars rubber trim may not be a frequent topic on this Forum, but an important one for your SKY's longevity. :)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I attended the 2018 NASSAM National Meet in the Denver area, and Rob the Elder demonstrated many things about the mechanics and upkeep of our SKY's and SOLSTICE cars. The Dielectric Grease was used there.

The 303 is most apt to be a good product too, but not one I am familiar with.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I attended the 2018 NASSAM National Meet in the Denver area, and Rob the Elder demonstrated many things about the mechanics and upkeep of our SKY's and SOLSTICE cars. The Dielectric Grease was used there.

The 303 is most apt to be a good product too, but not one I am familiar with.
So smear dielectric grease on all ribbed trim ? Seems east enough - does it leave a sticky residue ? Any special procedure?
Thanks

never did nine and I can see micro cracking in some of the rubber like the windshield seal at the top where the convertible top meets it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts